Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Claim no players

According to Mike Kaye.   Quite a change from the past.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tweet from Mike Kaye (@mike_e_kaye) - Well, the Jaguars didn't claim any players on waivers, sticking to the philosophy that the team is "built." There wasn't much to choose from

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/640574644714496001'>https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/640574644714496001</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

AND...?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

They are moving pretty slow but Jags did reclaimed S Loston

Adam Caplan@caplannflS Craig Loston back to the #Jaguars practice squad, according to his reps

I guess the Jags just feel that there are no players out there on the waiver wire that can help them right now.

That could change though, depending on certain situations.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Ys it does seem that the roster has it's true foundation. The building will continue but we're to the point of depending upon our own instead of others and that's a good place to be...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Good to read that they think the roster is built, now there can be expectations. We will see if Gus is the man this season
No commercial messages in sigs

It is great they have faith in this roster still I would of liked them to try and grab James Jones for that  Vet WR among others  could of been upgrades

Quote:I guess the Jags just feel that there are no players out there on the waiver wire that can help them right now.

That could change though, depending on certain situations.

Also,  it's possible the Jags could sign a vested veteran in the coming days.  

Quote:It is great they have faith in this roster still I would of liked them to try and grab James Jones for that  Vet WR among others  could of been upgrades

If by chance the Jags have interest in James Jones,  they need to act quickly.   Especially,  considering the Packers interest in their former player:

Jones will visit Packers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-packers/

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 04:52 PM by clfcrn777.)

With respect to Dave and Gus, this is a pretty big deviation from what they said their philosophy was initially. When they got here, they came in with the attitude that you can always get better, and that they were going to "churn" the roster constantly, trying to find guys that can fit specific needs. This is the same "never satisfied" philosophy Seattle employs.

So I don't know what this "built" business is all about. Pass rush is still lacking in a big way. Until they get more confident with that, "churning" should continue to be the philosophy. I wouldn't be satisfied at receiver either. You can't count on Marqise Lee at all, and from Olson's comments, it sounds like the coaching staff is getting a bit frustrated.

Quote:With respect to Dave and Gus, this is a pretty big deviation from what they said their philosophy was initially. When they got here, they came in with the attitude that you can always get better, and that they were going to "churn" the roster constantly, trying to find guys that can fit specific needs. This is the same "never satisfied" philosophy Seattle employs.

So I don't know what this "built" business is all about. Pass rush is still lacking in a big way. Until they get more confident with that, "churning" should continue to be the philosophy. I wouldn't be satisfied at receiver either. You can't count on Marqise Lee at all, and from Olson's comments, it sounds like the coaching staff is getting a bit frustrated.

Churn baby churn!!!!!!!!!  That's what you have to do when you have the record the Jags have had over the past several years.

Nothing wrong with churning at this point in time, but only if you think it will upgrade your team.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Churn baby churn!!!!!!!!!  That's what you have to do when you have the record the Jags have had over the past several years.

Nothing wrong with churning at this point in time, but only if you think it will upgrade your team.

Especially at the LEO and WR spots. Still don't get the team's fascination with Branch. He can get in the backfield at times, but he just can't bend around the tackles to get the sack. It's frustrating because there are a lot of "should be" sacks to be had, he just can't finish.

Quote:With respect to Dave and Gus, this is a pretty big deviation from what they said their philosophy was initially. When they got here, they came in with the attitude that you can always get better, and that they were going to "churn" the roster constantly, trying to find guys that can fit specific needs. This is the same "never satisfied" philosophy Seattle employs.

To be Fair they did draft Fowler 3rd overall to improve the pass rush. Marks is out and fowler out means that the pass rush is hurting, but on paper and from a bodies standpoint (not availability standpoint) the pass rush is built.

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

What?? ? Didn't the Eagles cut Tebow. What in the wide wide world of sports is a goin on here Dave?
Blakes Life Matters

You can't add to perfection
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Interesting to see we didnt pick up anyone fresh.

Who is/who was available that would have been an upgrade? We could use a defensive end or maybe a veteran DT,but I doubt there's any available that could make an impact right away. Overall, we do have more depth on defense than we did last season (LB, CB, S). I think we have a lot of depth on offense, although we are missing a key player (Thomas).
No commercial messages in sigs

I wish we would take a look at Rannel Hall. Almost made the Bucs behind Jackson and Evans. Quality receiver.

No team had less waiver pickups than us. We bake now.