Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Claim no players

Quote:OMG...tell me you didn't just say this. Did you not hear the story about Fred Taylor's preseason? We have no idea who we have exactly in Yeldon, but he was the third RB chosen in this draft for a reason. There's still a chance for him to be one of the league's next great RBs, and you're ready to kick him to the curb? Please tell me you're not that ignorant?

I'm by no means saying that I would "kick Yeldon to the curb".  All I'm saying is he needs to prove his position.  After all, Montee Ball was the third RB selected in the second round of the 2013 draft and he is without a team right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm by no means saying that I would "kick Yeldon to the curb".  All I'm saying is he needs to prove his position.  After all, Montee Ball was the third RB selected in the second round of the 2013 draft and he is without a team right now.

You suggested not keeping Yeldon, which by definition means kicking him to the curb. He'll get plenty of time during the season to prove his position. His very first preseason is not the time to make a final decision on whether to keep him.

'02

Quote:You suggested not keeping Yeldon, which by definition means kicking him to the curb. He'll get plenty of time during the season to prove his position. His very first preseason is not the time to make a final decision on whether to keep him.

I did not make that suggestion at all.  I simply asked if his draft position makes it "obvious" that he's on the roster.  Of course yes it is, but until he actually performs I'm certainly not going to place him on a the pedestal that some have him on.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly want him to succeed.  However, all we've seen from him is a handful of preseason snaps.  Let's just say that I'm not convinced... yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I did not make that suggestion at all.  I simply asked if his draft position makes it "obvious" that he's on the roster.  Of course yes it is, but until he actually performs I'm certainly not going to place him on a the pedestal that some have him on.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly want him to succeed.  However, all we've seen from him is a handful of preseason snaps.  Let's just say that I'm not convinced... yet.

Since the answer clearly  is "of course yes," why are you asking? At any rate, it's good to know that there's absolutely no way you'd release him at this point.

'02

Quote:Since the answer clearly  is "of course yes," why are you asking?

Because the original post that I responded to suggests releasing either our #2 or #3 RB on the depth chart.  Yeldon at this point is "penciled in" as a starter along with Denard Robinson even though he hasn't actually earned the spot (from what I've seen).

Quote:According to Mike Kaye.   Quite a change from the past.
HC Gus Bradley said in a presser the team is built that will own the AFC South this year and many to come, I guess he figures he doesnt need anybody else to win?

Quote:You suggested not keeping Yeldon, which by definition means kicking him to the curb. He'll get plenty of time during the season to prove his position. His very first preseason is not the time to make a final decision on whether to keep him.
I dont see any scenario that would have the Jaguars cutting TJ Yeldon after drafting him in the 2nd round. 

I havent seen him do anything impressive enough to have him start over the others though.  Heck after seeing his debut I wouldnt have been shocked if he was the 5th rb on the depth chart instead of the one guy that showed the most

potential Corey Grant!

Quote:I dont see any scenario that would have the Jaguars cutting TJ Yeldon after drafting him in the 2nd round. 

I havent seen him do anything impressive enough to have him start over the others though.  Heck after seeing his debut I wouldnt have been shocked if he was the 5th rb on the depth chart instead of the one guy that showed the most

potential Corey Grant!

I don't believe it's fair to evaluate him on that one game. Yeldon was drawing all sorts of accolades up until the time he got hurt, and since has only seen very limited action behind an OL that was giving him absolutely nothing to work with.

'02

He showed some nice moves on the catch, and the way he was hit on the goaline who could blame him about the fumble (I meant Touchdown, yes TD!)

Quote:I'm by no means saying that I would "kick Yeldon to the curb".  All I'm saying is he needs to prove his position.  After all, Montee Ball was the third RB selected in the second round of the 2013 draft and he is without a team right now.

He could resurrect his career on the right team, IMO.

Worst thing for him was Denver signing Manning.

He's the kind of back you have to keep feeding like Mark Ingram (who was almost given up on for the same reasons.)  He'll be more productive in a game as he gets carries.  That wasn't going to happen in a pass heavy/pass happy offense with Manning.  There, you're forced to hit homeruns on extremely few chances.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I feel like we seeds are planted in the build mode were in. I don't by any means think that were content with where were at and that this is the starting roster that will anchor us the next 3 years, I do believe Gus and Dave think they have building blocks though....

That being said, I think the idea is not to panic at a time like this and stick to the plan and draft accordingly, remember folks were not going for the SB yet... this is a team that ideally want s to be competitive and challenge the wildcard teams this year.. with hopes of making the playoffs next year and in year 3 expecting to be a playoff team.... were just starting to put together our push to resurgence now, be patient.