Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Claim no players

Quote:Who is/who was available that would have been an upgrade? We could use a defensive end or maybe a veteran DT,but I doubt there's any available that could make an impact right away. Overall, we do have more depth on defense than we did last season (LB, CB, S). I think we have a lot of depth on offense, although we are missing a key player (Thomas).
Not about finding difference makers for immediate impact. It's easy to say "who out there is better than what we have?" but we have to keep in mind that we are a team that has been reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally bad, so what we have for depth probably isn't adequate, at least at a few positions. Dave talked about being too young at receiver last year, and I realize it's a year later, but that one year isn't THAT much additional experience. Still could have used to add a veteran there I feel. Linebacker too. If you feel set at linebacker, I don't know what to tell you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To be Fair they did draft Fowler 3rd overall to improve the pass rush. Marks is out and fowler out means that the pass rush is hurting, but on paper and from a bodies standpoint (not availability standpoint) the pass rush is built.
I'm not so concerned with the interior, it's more the edge rusher that's lacking. Marks is a loss no doubt, but we haven't had a good edge rusher in a while, and since fowler doesn't count against the roster this year, I'd be more than willing to add depth there. I personally didn't see the need to keep 5 rb. Yeldon, Robinson obviously, and Grant is just too speedy to pass up. But they should have made a decision between pierce and gerhart. There just aren't going to be enough carries to go around.

Quote:I'm not so concerned with the interior, it's more the edge rusher that's lacking. Marks is a loss no doubt, but we haven't had a good edge rusher in a while, and since fowler doesn't count against the roster this year, I'd be more than willing to add depth there. I personally didn't see the need to keep 5 rb. Yeldon, Robinson obviously, and Grant is just too speedy to pass up. But they should have made a decision between pierce and gerhart. There just aren't going to be enough carries to go around.

So why is it "obvious" to keep Yeldon?  Because of his draft position?  Has he proved himself to be better than Pierce or Gerhart?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This is a good sign.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 08:22 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:It is great they have faith in this roster still I would of liked them to try and grab James Jones for that  Vet WR among others  could of been upgrades

Welcome to the MB, Xfiles...  Like your avatar.

With that said... I am sick and tired of people thinking that upgrading the WR corps is a sign of something positive or negative, or something that needs to be done.

You're kidding yourself, and have no idea about this team if you think some lame WR that is a FA right now is gonna make or break this season.

Get over it.  The WRs are what they are, and they are not the worst part of this team.  

If you want to hem and haw, pick on the DL or the LB corps...  Or why we didn't pick up some trash LT...

But to say something about a FA WR when the WR corps we have now is pretty legit is just plain annoying and rather dumb. 

Again, welcome to the board...

Quote:Welcome to the MB, Xfiles...  Like your avatar.

With that said... I am sick and tired of people thinking that upgrading the WR corps is a sign of something positive or negative, or something that needs to be done.

You're kidding yourself, and have no idea about this team if you think some lame WR that is a FA right now is gonna make or break this season.

Get over it.  The WRs are what they are, and they are not the worst part of this team.  

If you want to hem and haw, pick on the DL or the LB corps...  Or why we didn't pick up some trash LT...

But to say something about a FA WR when the WR corps we have now is pretty legit is just plain annoying and rather dumb. 

That would be my choice, find an upgrade to replace Young.

There might be a LB upgrade out there too. I know the Jags like the young backup guys as development LBs, but they really aren't very good. There's none even as good as JT Thomas.

I'm surprised the Jags haven't traded Pierce. He's a lot better than the RBs that have been traded this past week.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Tweet from Mike Kaye (@mike_e_kaye) - Well, the Jaguars didn't claim any players on waivers, sticking to the philosophy that the team is "built." There wasn't much to choose from

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/640574644714496001'>https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/640574644714496001</a>

Being Built and Being Build with quality parts can be vastly different.

I'd interpret not picking up anyone on waivers consistent with the belief that we have quality depth.  It's the critical #1s (WR, DE, Safety) that we still appear to suffer deficiencies.

Great sign that at least 3 guys (Pasztor, Morris, George) were picked up by other teams, and Jags added none. Of course there is a long way to go before this is a roster ready for championship contention, but this is a great sign that the roster is MILES ahead of where it was when Dave took over.

Taking this as some indication of the team sitting on its hands despite obvious available upgrades is a ridiculous notion. Anyone who thinks James Jones is an upgrade over even Bryan Walters needs to get their mind out of 2012.

Quote:With respect to Dave and Gus, this is a pretty big deviation from what they said their philosophy was initially. When they got here, they came in with the attitude that you can always get better, and that they were going to "churn" the roster constantly, trying to find guys that can fit specific needs. This is the same "never satisfied" philosophy Seattle employs.

So I don't know what this "built" business is all about. Pass rush is still lacking in a big way. Until they get more confident with that, "churning" should continue to be the philosophy. I wouldn't be satisfied at receiver either. You can't count on Marqise Lee at all, and from Olson's comments, it sounds like the coaching staff is getting a bit frustrated.

I hear you. Seattle brought in pass rusher after pass rusher after pass rusher until they finally found their LEO. I know the Jaguars have Fowler waiting in the wings, but that's no reason to ignore this year. They should be doing the same.

'02

Quote:So why is it "obvious" to keep Yeldon?  Because of his draft position?  Has he proved himself to be better than Pierce or Gerhart?

OMG...tell me you didn't just say this. Did you not hear the story about Fred Taylor's preseason? We have no idea who we have exactly in Yeldon, but he was the third RB chosen in this draft for a reason. There's still a chance for him to be one of the league's next great RBs, and you're ready to kick him to the curb? Please tell me you're not that ignorant?

'02

Quote:I hear you. Seattle brought in pass rusher after pass rusher after pass rusher until they finally found their LEO. I know the Jaguars have Fowler waiting in the wings, but that's no reason to ignore this year. They should be doing the same.

Just as an aside, the LEO they found wasn't on the practice squad. They had to spend money in FA and draft picks to find their guy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:OMG...tell me you didn't just say this. Did you not hear the story about Fred Taylor's preseason? We have no idea who we have exactly in Yeldon, but he was the third RB chosen in this draft for a reason. There's still a chance for him to be one of the league's next great RBs, and you're ready to kick him to the curb? Please tell me you're not that ignorant?

You could certainly ask this question more then a few times from what I have read on here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Not about finding difference makers for immediate impact. It's easy to say "who out there is better than what we have?" but we have to keep in mind that we are a team that has been reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally bad, so what we have for depth probably isn't adequate, at least at a few positions. Dave talked about being too young at receiver last year, and I realize it's a year later, but that one year isn't THAT much additional experience. Still could have used to add a veteran there I feel. Linebacker too. If you feel set at linebacker, I don't know what to tell you.
Wouldn't say we are set at LB, as I think we need to draft a young LB to take Poz's place, but I think it's too late to bring in a veteran WR now. We tried for Cobb, which would've been an actual upgrade. James Jones is available, but is he really any better than Hurns, Robinson, a healthy Lee, Greene, or Walters? I would prefer we go into the season with these guys and see who can breakout.
No commercial messages in sigs

The Seahawks signed players, the Packers signed players, etc...

Just because you don't sign people off of waivers doesn't mean your team is " built ".They didn't sign anyone because they didn't think they would help.

Does anyone know if the Jags actually put in a claim for any players?  Not getting a player and actually putting a claim in are two different things. 

I thought they might be interested in a guy like David Bass but the Titans had a higher priority and claimed him. 

If they put in zero claims then that's pretty surprising.

Quote:Does anyone know if the Jags actually put in a claim for any players?  Not getting a player and actually putting a claim in are two different things. 

I thought they might be interested in a guy like David Bass but the Titans had a higher priority and claimed him. 

If they put in zero claims then that's pretty surprising.

This.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Welcome to the MB, Xfiles...  Like your avatar.

Kiss-kick-kiss

In addition to George, Tampa Bay snagged a bunch of players with waiver claiming order above the Jags.  You never know if the Jags may have put in claims but did not get their guy(s).

Quote:Wouldn't say we are set at LB, as I think we need to draft a young LB to take Poz's place...

Waiving George suggests to me they don't feel any urgency to replace Poz.

'02

I'm wondering who we could have added to help the team at this point?

A T to upgrade Young?  The only one I saw that might do that is Jah Reid, but he may be just a RT.

James Jones-he had the speed, but never really had reliable hands, which is the problem we seem to have with our current group for the moment.

I don't offer this post to assert we have a team without holes.  Far from it.

I'm just not convinced the free agents currently available after final cuts are sufficient to patch those holes to the satisfaction of the coaches or fan base.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!