Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vegas Odds Carolina @ Jacksonville

Currently, the odds in Las Vegas have Jacksonville at +3.5 and the Over/Under at 41.  In this case Vegas slightly thinks that the Jaguars are underdogs.

What this means is that a bet for the Jaguars would mean that you think that they will either win, or lose by no more than 3.5 points.  A bet for the Panthers means that you think they will win by more than 3.5 points.

The Over/Under number is the total number of points scored in the game.  As an example, if you bet the Over you are betting that both teams score combined will total more than 41 points so if the final score was say 30-28 you would win.  If you took the Under and the final score was say 10-3, then you would win in that case.

Traditionally, the first game of the NFL season is one of the most difficult to bet on since both teams are usually pretty much "unknown" regarding the likelihood of winning or losing.

If I was betting on this game I would probably take the Jaguars to win (or not lose by more than a field goal) and I would probably bet the Under since I don't think it will be a very high scoring game.

Post your predictions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would play the over based on the Jags inability to stop teams from scoring during the regular season.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Yup, the first game of the season us difficult to gauge. Usually,, a home team is favored by 3 points just because of home field advantage (example: Jags vs Panthers +3).

Vegas is still not sold on the Jags being much better. They're trying to get people to place money on them.

If the Panthers were getting the +3 points,, almost all betting public would put their money on the Panthers.

For my prediction this week:

(Jags +3.5 vs Panthers)

(Over/Under 41)

I'll take the Jags and Over.

I think it'll be a close game. I don't think it'll be super high scoring. But, I believe the Jags will score at least 20,, and the Jags Defense is not very good, allowing the Panthers to score 21 or more.

Quote:Yup, the first game of the season us difficult to gauge. Usually,, a home team is favored by 3 points just because of home field advantage (example: Jags vs Panthers +3).

Vegas is still not sold on the Jags being much better. They're trying to get people to place money on them.

If the Panthers were getting the +3 points,, almost all betting public would put their money on the Panthers.

For my prediction this week:

(Jags +3.5 vs Panthers)

(Over/Under 41)

I'll take the Jags and Over.

I think it'll be a close game. I don't think it'll be super high scoring. But, I believe the Jags will score at least 20,, and the Jags Defense is not very good, allowing the Panthers to score 21 or more.

It will be interesting to see if the line changes after potential waiver pickups.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I would play the over based on the Jags inability to stop teams from scoring during the regular season.

I would say under as I see the Jaguars winning a low scoring game. The Panthers defense is too good to count on a lot of points from the Jaguars, but I see the Jaguars limiting their offense by taking away much of their passing game with our CBs. I'm thinking the teams combine for about 32 points.

'02

Quote:I would play the over based on the Jags inability to stop teams from scoring during the regular season.

Quote:I would say under as I see the Jaguars winning a low scoring game. The Panthers defense is too good to count on a lot of points from the Jaguars, but I see the Jaguars limiting their offense by taking away much of their passing game with our CBs. I'm thinking the teams combine for about 32 points.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Betting on the game with the point spread?

Quote:Currently, the odds in Las Vegas have Jacksonville at +3.5 and the Over/Under at 41.  In this case Vegas slightly thinks that the Jaguars are underdogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYX-NSZMqt0

Quote:It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Betting on the game with the point spread?

Another seven long days.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

41 sounds a bit high tbh

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Jaguars on the money line is the smart bet if you believe they are going to win. Tease the game to Jaguars +9.5/ under 47 and count your winnings.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Line has dropped to 2.5 jags are underdog

Quote:Line has dropped to 2.5 jags are underdog

Vegas trying to shift the bets.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Currently, the odds in Las Vegas have Jacksonville at +3.5 and the Over/Under at 41.  In this case Vegas slightly thinks that the Jaguars are underdogs.

What this means is that a bet for the Jaguars would mean that you think that they will either win, or lose by no more than 3.5 points.  A bet for the Panthers means that you think they will win by more than 3.5 points.

The Over/Under number is the total number of points scored in the game.  As an example, if you bet the Over you are betting that both teams score combined will total more than 41 points so if the final score was say 30-28 you would win.  If you took the Under and the final score was say 10-3, then you would win in that case.

Traditionally, the first game of the NFL season is one of the most difficult to bet on since both teams are usually pretty much "unknown" regarding the likelihood of winning or losing.

If I was betting on this game I would probably take the Jaguars to win (or not lose by more than a field goal) and I would probably bet the Under since I don't think it will be a very high scoring game.

Post your predictions.

Considering that Vegas has the Jaguars at 300-1 to win the SuperBowl having the Panthers favored by only 3.5 with the total score of being 41 would suggest that they think the Jaguars Offense has improved greatly and that they dont think a lot of the Panthers Offense (probably because their WR is injured and ruled out for this game).

(That would mean that they expect the Jaguars to score 17 points and Panthers to score 24 or more points).

Quote:Line has dropped to 2.5 jags are underdog

Not sure where you are getting your odds.  I just checked on this site and it still looks to be on average around 3.5 with the Over/Under still at 41.  CBS Sports (hate their new format) has the line at +3 for the Jaguars and the Over/Under at 41.5.

Wonder what our odds will be against the Patriots when we're 2-0.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 03:44 PM by ATLjag.)

I think it's a high scoring game in total points.  I love my Jags but the defense hasn't shown me that they can rush the passer or get a turnover as yet.  I think Bortles will put 20+ points onto the Carolina defense.  However, I'm going with the over and the Panthers to just cover the spread in a good tight game.  

I'm seeing Carolina -3.

I would take Carolina and the under. I think the Panthers defense will smother the Jags, generating turnovers and giving the Panthers offense great field position. The Panthers offense will dominate time of posession and get the win 24-10.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Not sure where you are getting your odds. I just checked on <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/'>this site</a> and it still looks to be on average around 3.5 with the Over/Under still at 41. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/odds'>CBS Sports</a> (hate their new format) has the line at +3 for the Jaguars and the Over/Under at 41.5.

Check out Ryan Wilson's picks on CBS Sports.

He picks the Jags straight up but the Panthers against the spread. How is that possible when the Jags are getting the points? Either he's really stupid or hedging his bets.

"Experts." LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Wonder what our odds will be against the Patriots when we're 2-0.
We'll be double digit dogs regardless of record.

Quote:We'll be double digit dogs regardless of record.
Wonder what the odds will be when Clemons breaks Brady in half by the 2nd Quarter.