Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
lots of presure on gus,and Jags this year

Quote:Unfortunately 5 or 6 wins is a very real possibility if Thomas, Marks and Lee are out a significant amount of time.  You can't be missing 3 of your top 5 players on a thin roster for a third of the season and expect to win a lot of games.

Don't forget Fowler being out the season.  Anyways, that is why 6-10 doesn't tell the whole story.  

From GM stand point, things feel different.  Our roster is set, had difficult cuts to make and that hasn't really been the case since Caldwell has been here.  

From a coaching stand point, our offense looks better, less predictable and the QB seems to have taken a giant step forward.  The o-line looks improved though still not where you want it to be.  Julius Thomas is going to give us a boost, but won't do that until he plays.  Defensively we seem more disciplined which is good, but our pass rush looks inept.  With Fowler and Marks available, our depth looks pretty solid.  Without them, it looks barren.  We have a promising player in Michael Bennett, but he is a 6th round draft pick.  Clemons has started late this year and may take some time to get going.  Sample looked very promising in OTA's, but broke his arm and missed crucial time for a rookie.  Cyprien I'm assuming is starting along with Sergio Brown.  Cyps been out and coming off an underwhelming year where he looked lost at times.  I feel pretty good about our CB's, but until Marks gets back, we are going to need the offense to overcome our defensive deficiencies.  I just think there are two many things to overcome on defense to expect us to make a leap forward early on.  Maybe we see it as the season goes on.  I have high hopes for James Sample.  

Anyways, whether we consider the above excuses, reality or a combination of both, they are factors on how we do this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Gus wins 5 or 6 games his job is safe. I don't think some of you realize how patient Shad is going to be with Gus and Dave. Secondly so many of you have such unrealistic expectations is ridiculous. This team is still so young and inexperienced that a 6 win season will be a huge improvement. Next year is the year where it really needs to come together, not this year.

Quote:If Gus wins 5 or 6 games his job is safe. I don't think some of you realize how patient Shad is going to be with Gus and Dave. Secondly so many of you have such unrealistic expectations is ridiculous. This team is still so young and inexperienced that a 6 win season will be a huge improvement. Next year is the year where it really needs to come together, not this year.

5 is pushing it IMO.  

I want Gud to get fired. I want Gus to stay though.

Gus said our team is finally built to take the AFC South. Those are big words to expect anything else but at least 7 wins.

He means the structure is built. You honestly think he thinks we should win the division this year? I never get the fans that think we're going to go from winning 3 games to 10. I don't understand how some fans wouldn't be ecstatic about doubling our wins from last year with 6. I would be. It would show some growthand possibly ready for a playoff push the following year.

I think the record is still somewhat irrelevant in Gus's job security this year.  The coaching staff will be judged on the progression made by Bortles and the young WR Corps. 

If stats go up and mistakes go down for the corps group of young players then the coaching staff is doing its job.  

Quote:He means the structure is built. You honestly think he thinks we should win the division this year? I never get the fans that think we're going to go from winning 3 games to 10. I don't understand how some fans wouldn't be ecstatic about doubling our wins from last year with 6. I would be. It would show some growthand possibly ready for a playoff push the following year.

"Our objective is to build a team that owns the AFC South. It's built ." -- Jaguars coach Gus Bradley

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 12:13 AM by Sosa.)

Quote:"Our objective is to build a team that owns the AFC South. It's built ." -- Jaguars coach Gus Bradley
When did he say this and where?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

I still just want us to be able to stay competitive in games. I dont want to see us get blown out. Of course I want to see our wins double and then some. However, as long as we can see actually improvement(scoring more often would be huge) then I'll take that for another year. I know we built from nothing and I see things coming together but also seeing some key players hurt is a big deal along with knowing most everyone still is very young.

For Blake's sake and the upcoming defense with Fowler out, I hope Gus doesn't get fired. I'm hoping for a 6-10 season with a slow start. Once Marks, Thomas, and Lee are 100 percent I think we will start to win games and finish the season strong. 2 wins before bye week and 4 wins after bye week isn't too much to ask for. The less harder teams to beat are after bye week. But doesn't mean I don't want a 9-7 team sneaking into playoffs and surprising the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 02:29 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I think there's a lot of people with pressure to perform this season. We don't have to work a miracle and turn the league on its head but limping to 3 or 4 wins isn't going to cut it. It should be more than feasible as the offense looks like it will be capable of scoring more than 13 points per game. 

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I just checked things out. first year Gus went 4-12   last year it dropped to 3-13. your supposse to get better next season with more wins,not have more losses. My dad has already said if 

Jags have another loseing season Gud will be gone. He could be fired by the 8th game if we are 0-8 again. I agree with my dad 100%. 

Jags need a better record this year. they have to win  at least 9 some how. 9-7 would be a winning season.  any other thoughts?

I disagree. For starters, 8-8 is a non-losing season. For another, 6 wins would be enough to show marked improvement and for Gus' job to be safe for at least one more season. Quite frankly, 9 wins with this schedule and roster would take a miracle.

'02

Quote:I think 6-10 will put Bradley on the street.

Nah... but it will most definitely put Gus on the hot seat for 2016, and I'm talking about a really hot seat.

'02

We go 6-10 screw jumping off the modis were burning that sucker down!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:"Our objective is to build a team that owns the AFC South Super Bowl. It's built ." -- Jaguars coach Gus Bradley

"We want more"

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I realize what you are saying, but there are definitely different types of 6-10 seasons.  There are seasons where you are getting blown out and go 6-10 or season where you could be 10-6 as easily as you could have been 6-10.  IMO 6-10 is the floor for Bradley.  If they go 6-10 with the offense ascending and playing competitive football for the most part during the year, he will get another season.  If it is 6-10 and we are losing games from lack of discipline, mistakes from clock management, bad play calling or the coaching staff not doing well under pressure at the end of games than yeah, that type of 6-10 could get him fired.  

6-10 is the floor IMO.  I don't think they overhaul the coach and philosophy if they feel the arrow is still pointing up with a 6-10 season.  Does 7-9 make that big off a difference between being fired and keeping your job?  Maybe, depends on the type of season you have.
There is one type of 6-10 when you are 3 seasons into a rebuild and that is a bad 6-10.

You can say there is a such thing as a "good" 6-10 but trust me, there won't be a "good" perspective attached to that record. There will be a lot of outrage and a lot of examples of failure with 6-10.

Like I said, there is no such thing as a "competitive" 6-10 three years into the job. There will only be a consistently coming up short 6-10.

Quote:To win 9 games this year would be a monumental jump and probably earn Gus coach of the year honors. This is probably not going to happen and is very unrealistic. If you weren't a fan of the team you would logically say a 7 win season is huge progress and the arrow is pointing up. Don't set yourself up for a let down as that's most likely going to be a very difficult task since we all are fully aware this is a building towards greatness year.
9 wins this season would be AWESOME! However... it isn't a very realistic goal and as Minorcan said, you're probably setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect no less than a 9 win season this year. I'm of the opinion that the minimum for Gus to have 'job security' for another season is 6-10. While it is true that a 5-11 record this year would represent 'improvement' I doubt it's good enough to insure Gus's seat doesn't get a little warm; no, we need to see at least a 6-10 season this year or there will be substantive reason to start doubting Gus's ability as a head coach here. Given the injuries to some key players we already have (Fowler, Marks, Thomas, and the always questionable Lee...) a 6-10 season is a challenge.

I said 6-10 before Thomas was hurt.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:For Blake's sake and the upcoming defense with Fowler out, I hope Gus doesn't get fired. I'm hoping for a 6-10 season with a slow start

HOPING for 6-10. Lol. Phrasing incapability, or inherent loserness. Expecting 6-10, one story. Hoping for one, another story. I digress...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.