Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
lots of presure on gus,and Jags this year

Quote:Anything less than 8-8 and Gus needs to go.

This is not a mid-tier starting roster.  If Gus has to go then the concensus must be that Dave Caldwell has to go as well.

Are you ready to get rid of both if they don't go 8-8 ?   I'm not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 01:57 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote: 

<div>1 PANTHERS WINNABLE
2 DOLPHINS WINNABLE
3 @PATRIOTS TOUGH

4 @COLTS TOUGH

5 @BUCCANEERS WINNABLE
6 TEXANS WINNABLE
7 BILLS WINNABLE
9 @JETS WINNABLE
10 @RAVENS TOUGH

11 TITANS WINNABLE
12 CHARGERS TOUGH

13 @TITANS WINNABLE
14 COLTS WINNABLE
15 FALCONS WINNABLE
16 @SAINTS WINNABLE
17 @TEXANS WINNABLE

Looking over the schedule, I think there are 12 games I think we have a decent change of winning.  If we split those and steal one from the other 4 that's 7 wins.  The schedule really isn't that bad.  First two games are huge.  We can't go 0-2.  But if we go 2-0 I think we end up in the playoff hunt at the end of the season.  

</div>

#Delusional

So ... expecting a team that is "built" to win 7 games is delusion...

#becausejaguars

Quote:What will be REALLY funny is seeing the people that are putting a count on the number of wins he needs 'get their panties in a wad' when he's back again.

Here it comes...so you don't believe in accountability? You think 3 consecutive losing seasons is fine? Okay, sure...let's hear your rebuttal.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Here it comes...so you don't believe in accountability? You think 3 consecutive losing seasons is fine? Okay, sure...let's hear your rebuttal.

Here what comes? So the only 'accountability' is in wins and losses. That's pretty narrow-minded. Whatever. You're going to see it however you're going to see it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 02:51 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Here it comes...so you don't believe in accountability? You think 3 consecutive losing seasons is fine? Okay, sure...let's hear your rebuttal.

b-b-but we're still rebuilding! jean smiff! 2 more years...

Quote:Here what comes? So the only 'accountability' is in wins and losses. That's pretty narrow-minded. Whatever. You're going to see it however you're going to see it.

Only winning matters.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 02:54 PM by Sosa.)

Guys I was looking at the schedule after I had some teal kool-aid and I'm seeing 11 wins.

We could possibly sweep the Colts if Telvin breaks Luck's arm in half. And we can sweep the Texans if Parnell choke slams JJ Watt into a coma.

Quote:b-b-but we're still rebuilding! jean smiff! 2 more years...

Only winning matters.

I guess we'll see who's right.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Based on the Jaguars situation going into the season,   I think 6 wins would be significant progress,  7 wins would be a notch above,  and 8 or more wins would be substantial progress that should lead to contract extensions for Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley,  ASAP.

On paper,  at this time this looks like a favorable schedule for an NFL team to have.   If the Jags had the same level schedule in 2016,  based on where I think the Jags will be a year from now,  anything less than 10 wins would be a disappointing regular season unless it was enough to win the AFC South. 

Quote:Bingo. Nothing less or he should get the pink slip. This is year 3 with a non-rookie 3rd overall pick QB. 2 veteran/1 elite TE. The only questionable things on offense are LT, WR's dropping passes, and RB. No more excuses. I know some people will get their panties in a wad over that; however, we need to have some accountability. 3 consecutive losing seasons means you do not have what it takes to coach a NFL team.

Coach Bellichik had 3 losing seasons in a row with Cleveland.

Chuck Knoll had 3 losing seasons in a row with Pittsburgh.

Mike Shanahan had 2 straight losing seasons and 8-8 to start.

This is why I don't like looking at things black and white.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 03:10 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Only winning matters.

Winnings important, but putting things in perspective is also important. If nothing else mattered than every coach with a losing record to start would be fired year one. There would be a lot of hall of fame coaches not given a chance if that was the case.

Quote:This is not a mid-tier starting roster. If Gus has to go then the concensus must be that Dave Caldwell has to go as well.

Are you ready to get rid of both if they don't go 8-8 ? I'm not.

Me either.

Quote:b-b-but we're still rebuilding! jean smiff! 2 more years...

Only winning matters.

Bingo! Excuses are for Losers, and I'm sick of the Jags telling us why they fail to win. If we have a winning record, I'll have hope going forward. Dude I didn't even say they had to make the playoffs...

Quote:Winnings important, but putting things in perspective is also important. If nothing else mattered than every coach with a losing record to start would be fired year one. There would be a lot of hall of fame coaches not given a chance if that was the case.

3 years is enough time to not have a losing record.

Quote:3 years is enough time to not have a losing record.

Depends on the situation, roster prior to, whether you have a QB in place or not, etc... Hey you are free to look at it how you want.

Another losing season would be good.  Hire a offensive minded head coach and earn another top 5 draft pick. 

Quote:Another losing season would be good.  Hire a offensive minded head coach and earn another top 5 draft pick. 

A downside though is the challenge of a likely change in the Defensive System.   Especially,  with many Defensive players being brought in because of their system fit.   Sometimes Defenses improve when there's a system change.   But there's major risk associated with the change.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 03:29 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:3 years is enough time to not have a losing record.

That's a pretty blanket statement without context.

Looking back, many would have preferred to keep Coughlin (as a coach, NOT as GM.)

His last three seasons here?

7-9

6-10

6-10

Everyone at the time wanted him out.  Wasn't long after that, both Jags and Giants got better.

If this team with four wins gets to 6 or 7 wins and is competitive in their losses (no blowouts, all winnable) then no, you can't make a convincing argument that a losing record demands a certain firing.

Debatable? Yes

Certain? No

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

CSO, a funny kat

Battling some of the most forebearing, forgiving fans in sports

6-10, etched in stone; more Ws will not be accepted

Considering the regime inherited one of the worst rosters of all time, and suffered injuries to its most prolific players, 6 shows progress in year 3

Who cares about actually playing the game, effort, execution, and favorable bounces?

Our knowledge and prediction skills mandates a #

We set the bar as low as we can go, to forestall dissapointments

6 is the order of the day

How dare some fans exhibit an open outlook, considering we have not seen live action as yet, and NO ONE knows how things will pan out

Git outta here son. 6 makes sense. More is unrealistic. #Because...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Shoot, as the esteemed staff writer would say, I forgot to mention, as long as we are not blown out and compete in every game...6 is good.

That crazy coach who even uncharacteristically announced that winning time is now is just a silly talker. He just wants to lift his team.

Us that know, know that we are not ready yet. Next year is the year...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.