Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Detail from Omar Kelly's article that no one seems to be talking about

“Why ruffle feathers when you don’t have to?” Albert said when asked about the potential trade to Jacksonville, which he wouldn’t confirm details of. “It’s the business of the game. I honestly believe where I’m going to go is the right fit. It is going to be a surprise when [the terms] comes out.

What does this mean? Are the Dolphins surrendering draft picks in addition to Albert? Or is it the opposite? If the Jags land Albert and a draft pick for JT that would be a steal, on the flip side I'm adamantly against surrendering a draft pick for a guy like Albert; I can't wait to see the terms

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we don't get draft picks in the deal I think we get the short end of the deal
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think we should get a 4th or 5th out of this.

If we send a pick their way I won't be happy.

Quote:If we don't get draft picks in the deal I think we get the short end of the deal

My gut tells me we're getting picks as well, i just hope thats actually the case

Quote:I think we should get a 4th or 5th out of this.

If we send a pick their way I won't be happy.

Maybe Dave pulled out some Gabbert/Scobee voodoo and is getting like a 2nd rounder lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Caldwell isn't a pick sending guy plus the dolphins were openly going to cut Albert.

Jaguars should have the leverage here.

Age is the only reason we should get a pick from this deal but I think we'll be getting a mid-round pick too.

Quote:Caldwell isn't a pick sending guy plus the dolphins were openly going to cut Albert.

Jaguars should have the leverage here.

First off, I think this deal has Coughlin written all over it. Second, I could be wrong, but I don't think they'd key Albert into the picks going to and from each team.

That said, I do agree that we should have the leverage here.

I think he means contract terms. It's been speculated both players are restructuring. I don't think either team would give a pick for either player. 

It would be amazing if we got an extra pick in this.
Shock the world

Quote:I think he means contract terms. It's been speculated both players are restructuring. I don't think either team would give a pick for either player. 

Ok yea this would make a lot more sense

The trade is about as even as it gets. Even if its a pick its a super late pick which is hardly suprising.

If we get a 4th rounder and Albert it would be a great trade but I don't see that happening, it seems too good. They were going to release Albert and now they want to trade him and a draft pick for a player that hasn't been able to stay healthy? I think terms means contract terms. I just hope we didn't trade any of our draft picks. 

we're not getting any picks.

why would the dolphins go from cutting a guy to trading him AND a draft pick ... for dadbod Julius Thomas of all people?  No way that's happening.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:we're not getting any picks.

why would the dolphins go from cutting a guy to trading him AND a draft pick ... for dadbod Julius Thomas of all people?  No way that's happening.

Because they were literally hours away from cutting him. They were going to get nothing for Albert and we could sign him without giving anything up.

I would imagine it's a reference to restructuring his contract.

I believe the Dolphins already traded away their 3rd and 4th rounders.

There is no mention of picks at all in any of these statements that have come out.  And frankly, the Dolphins trading a guy they were going to cut for a guy the Jags would likely cut is pretty darn even.  Thomas is a huge bust and the draft is deep at TE, time to pick up a starter for the long term at TE.  

I have no idea why the Jaguars would not care about getting at least one pick in addition to Branden Albert. The fact no picks are mentioned in the article has me concerned about that because I really wanted a pick from Miami.

Quote:I have no idea

Sounds about right
Shock the world