Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 05:44 PM by Jagzfanfromiowa.)

Here's the link:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami...story.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Talking about starting the offseason off with a bang.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Great, now we just need a RT, RG, LG should be easy enough

Quote:Great, now we just need a RT, RG, LG should be easy enough
If we resign Omameh I think him and Cann could compete for LG and we would be fine.  No doubt we need a RG though and some competition Parnell

Quote:Great, now we just need a RT, RG, LG should be easy enough

We need one guard and possibly a RT.

Cann showed too much potential year one and is a way better fit at LG. Should just be moved over there.

I really wanted to see Julius used correctly, but I can understand why they are trading him.

Quote:Talking about starting the offseason off with a bang.
If only the gun wasn't pointing towards our foot =/

Makes sense since Gase knows him from Denver. 

Dont like Parnell but those last several games to end the season was solid, while a couple games were very good. Marrone seems to love him too. Wouldnt be surprised if we stick with him.

I could see us pushing hard for Zeitler at Left Guard to play next to Albert, and giving Parnell/Cann another year. 

Now we need a TE. I'm not completely sold on either Koyak or Sterling. Any decent FA TE targets?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If only the gun wasn't pointing towards our foot =/

Julius was slow as mollasses last yeat and is constantly injured, just as Albert. Id rather take the flier on a LT who is elite when healthy than a TE that doesnt look close to what he was in Denver...regardless if we used him wrong or not.

Njoku looks good...

I don't like it. We better get a draft pick or something as well. JT for Albert is robbery
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Makes sense since Gase knows him from Denver. 

Obviously that is why the Dolphins want him. But does it make sense on our end?

Quote:Now we need a TE. I'm not completely sold on either Koyak or Sterling. Any decent FA TE targets?

Draft has a lot of options. Rd 2 or 3 I could see us nabbing a guy. Otherwise someone like Larry Donnel from NYG in FA.

I still don't get why this trade, either something we don't know about Beachum or it doesn't make much sense.

With this trade we would still have the other holes on the Oline and we add one at TE, we get a older LT who has kept missing games over the past for years and let go a younger one who could get better with one more offseason to rest his knee.

Guess we'll see what happens...

Makes me think we are going running back pick number 4 now since Albert is supposedly a lot better at run blocking

Quote:Now we need a TE. I'm not completely sold on either Koyak or Sterling. Any decent FA TE targets?

We have our TE. His name is Ben Koyack. You should remember watching him last year.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 05:57 PM by Treestone Ice.)

As long as we re-sign Beachum and kick Albert to guard, I'm fine with it.

Then sign Zeitler and or Warford.

Trade down, draft krykyzk and 2 more olineman.

Soup and bowl.

Edit: I would also be in favor of resigning Beach(b)um and kicking (fat) Albert to RT.