Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

Quote:I just disagree that Thomas was going to be cut. IF he was, it's great. If we were going to keep him, I feel we could have gotten a least a 4th or 5th
I really don't see why the Jags would have kept him. It's the same situation as Odrick.

I think he was going to be cut and the Dolphins didn't want him to go to FA.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 09:18 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:I just don't get how someone can say this is a bad move. You're getting a quality LT or guard for a future 7th round pick.

Thomas was going to be cut so getting anything for him was a bonus.
But what if you aren't getting a quality LT? Albert was bad last year, and with his age and ever growing list of injuries I don't see the optimism for a rebound to multiple years ago levels.

Quote:I just don't get how someone can say this is a bad move. You're getting a quality LT or guard for a future 7th round pick.

Thomas was going to be cut so getting anything for him was a bonus.

I doubt most people are upset with this trade in a vacuum, but when coupled with Beachum it becomes a lot murkier.

Quote:I doubt most people are upset with this trade in a vacuum, but when coupled with Beachum it becomes a lot murkier.
Exactly. 

Quote:I doubt most people are upset with this trade in a vacuum, but when coupled with Beachum it becomes a lot murkier.
Couldn't the Jags still give Beachum a contact?

Beachum Albert Linder Cann Parnell.

Or bring in Leary/Zietler. It's February. The line is going to get better and bringing in Albert is a good start.

This draft is extremely weak at the tackle position and very strong at the TE. I bet that played some part in the deal.

Quote:Couldn't the Jags still give Beachum a contact?

Beachum Albert Linder Cann Parnell.

Or bring in Leary/Zietler. It's February. The line is going to get better and bringing in Albert is a good start.

They definitely could, but why wouldn't they have just picked up his option if they truly wanted to keep him around?

He didn't play bad enough last season to warrant a reduction in salary to $2-3million and even if you do consider him a little overpaid at $8.5million, I think it would have been worth it over the gamble of losing him in free agency. Especially considering the option was essentially four, one year deals with zero dead money.

32 year old declining Albert instead of young healthier Beachum. Go Jags.

Can't say I'm happy, can't say I'm upset.. I'm a Jags fan..

So.. Eh..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Albert had 3 penalties all year and was the leader of the Miami offensive line too. Big plus marks

Quote:Albert had 3 penalties all year and was the leader of the Miami offensive line too. Big plus marks

Also hasnt played a full season since 2011

Quote:Also hasnt played a full season since 2011

How many offensive linemen play every game in a five-year span?

Quote:This draft is extremely weak at the tackle position and very strong at the TE. I bet that played some part in the deal.

That's not to say there isn't quality at the top end. I really like Ramczyk, Robinson (although his off the field stuff scares me), Bolles and maybe even Johnson. It's after those 4 that the quality falls off a cliff. There's just no depth at the LT position.

Quote:Also hasnt played a full season since 2011
Only 1 full season in 9 years also

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 11:57 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Only 1 full season in 9 years also

If he plays 10 games that more then we have won any season. In the last 10 years.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:If he plays 10 games that more then we have won any season. In the last 10 years.

So we're gonna win every game he plays?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:So we're gonna win every game he plays?

Even if win 6 of 10 still better. #sadbuttrue

#Gojags

Quote:Great, now we just need a LT, RT, OG should be easy enough

FTFY. Albert is not an upgrade, we just took a step back. 

Quote:FTFY. Albert is not an upgrade, we just took a step back.

Wrong. Short term patch. Is better than longterm cap issues.

#Gojags

Quote:Wrong. Short term patch. Is better than longterm cap issues.
What cap issues? Have you looked at our free cap room? We are ditching a decent cap hit from JT too... Why would we offer Beachum the contract, if we didn't expect him to fulfill it? Who do we need to pay that our free cap space won't cover? Bortles is not a 20 mil/year QB. ARob is a serviceable WR1, not elite. Who are we going to pay over the next 4 years? A CB, 2 LBs, and maybe 2 DEs, we have nobody on this team worth a top $ contract yet.. You pay a premium on LT's, you have to. By the time Beachum's 4 year option is up, thats when you pay the Ramseys and the Ngakoues.