Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

Quote:Beachum and Linder were the only O-Linemen who we weren't worried about going into the off-season and we let one walk so we could get a guy 5 years older.

:whistling:
Willing to bet injury concerns.  Not worth 13-35 mill guaranteed. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Willing to bet injury concerns.  Not worth 13-35 mill guaranteed. 
There must be imminent problems with Beachums knee, otherwise the Albert/Beachum thing makes 0 sense at all. Beachum is the better player in my eyes.

Quote:Absolutely.

Add to your consideration how well Koyack and sterling played TE for us in the last 2 games and this move to get rid of Thomas is overdue

Koyack and Sterling had a combined 37 yards in the final 2 games.

Beachum couldn't run block. It's really that simple.

'02

Quote:Beachum couldn't run block. It's really that simple.

I'm not sure where this myth has come from.  We ran to the left with more success than the right.

Safe to say this was not the reason.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm not sure where this myth has come from.  We ran to the left with more success than the right.

Safe to say this was not the reason.

Beachum being better than Parnell does not mean he's good at Run Blocking.

Parnell is a known liability on our line.

Quote:There must be imminent problems with Beachums knee, otherwise the Albert/Beachum thing makes 0 sense at all. Beachum is the better player in my eyes.

Your eyes and Coughlins eyes saw differently.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

The knee certainly does appear to be the biggest factor here.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Man, that bust on Joeckel really has hurt us....... If he wasn't such a whimp and had the mindset of Tony; we'd be in a much different position. Bleh

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I missed the first part of the press conference when it was addressed, but the quotes tweeted said that Coughlin said Albert was being brought in because he was a pass blocking upgrade not a run blocking upgrade.

I find that to be tough to agree with. 

Quote:I missed the first part of the press conference when it was addressed, but the quotes tweeted said that Coughlin said Albert was being brought in because he was a pass blocking upgrade not a run blocking upgrade.

I find that to be tough to agree with. 
He is better all around.  You overrate  Beachum a good bit.  

Quote:He is better all around.  You overrate  Beachum a good bit.  
They were both pro bowl caliber in the past, they were both damn near equally bad last year. The question is which player is more likely to return to previous form. The 27 year old now a second year removed from ACL surgery, or the 32 year old who has a much longer list of more minor injuries? 

The Jags have made their bet that it will be Albert, and hopefully they are right for the team's sake. They're the ones with the in depth medicals so they might know that the knee hasn't recovered as hoped, in which case fine that changes things. Knowing what we know though, the smarter money would be on Beachum. 

Quote:They were both pro bowl caliber in the past, they were both damn near equally bad last year. The question is which player is more likely to return to previous form. The 27 year old now a second year removed from ACL surgery, or the 32 year old who has a much longer list of more minor injuries? 

The Jags have made their bet that it will be Albert, and hopefully they are right for the team's sake. They're the ones with the in depth medicals so they might know that the knee hasn't recovered as hoped, in which case fine that changes things. Knowing what we know though, the smarter money would be on Beachum. 
Albert was the best player on that oline.  This isnt the only Doplins fan that said that.  I believe Dolphins fans know a good bit more than you about there players. I have seen multiple Mia fans say this.  The only reason they are getting rid of Albert is because the took Tunsil last year who many thought was the best player in the draft and playing him will be the much cheaper route and is the future for their team.  Stay away from pff and twitter for a bit. Its not a good look when you believe every grade from pff, then you have people like GlockBortles following you and believing everything you say.  Not good!  The only risk is injury, there is no doubt he is an upgrade but you also have an injury risk with Beachum.

This is just one Dolphins, just an example of how they feel about Albert.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthr...bert/page2

was reading some of Omar Kellys tweets about Albert

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/OmarKelly'>Omar Kelly<span style="color:rgb(29,161,242);">Verified account</span>@OmarKelly </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/833841347320754176' title="4:50 PM - 20 Feb 2017">Feb 20</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">For Jacksonville fans that want to know Branden Albert's ability level watch the 2nd Bills game. It was his best, & he did it with one hand.

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/OmarKelly'>Omar Kelly<span style="color:rgb(29,161,242);">Verified account</span>@OmarKelly </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/833840383381614592' title="4:46 PM - 20 Feb 2017">Feb 20</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);font-size:1px;">Omar Kelly Retweeted JP

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">Even Pouncey took a backseat to Albert, which was unique to watch.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);font-size:1px;">Omar Kelly added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>JP</b><span>@phinsfanJP</span>
@OmarKelly i thought pouncy was the alpha
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>9 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>1 retweet</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>36 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div>Reply

<span>9</span>
</div>

<div>Retweet

<span>1</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
Like</div>

<span>36</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Bashing PFF and then unironically quoting Omar Kelly. That just made my evening.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/OmarKelly'>Omar Kelly<span style="color:rgb(29,161,242);">Verified account</span>@OmarKelly </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/832363891049000960' title="2:59 PM - 16 Feb 2017">Feb 16</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Branden Albert was a REALLY good player last year for Miami. He was my midseason MVP before finishing season with ligament tear in his wrist

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>13 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>19 retweets</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>99 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div>Reply

<span>13</span>
</div>

<div>Retweet

<span>19</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
Like</div>

<span>99</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Quote:Bashing PFF and then unironically quoting Omar Kelly. That just made my evening.
I dont really know who the guy is but he is the Dolphins reporter and football writer.  He believes the same stuff as most Dolphins fans. I bet most Dolphins fans know more about their players than pff does

Yeah just look how pff graded beachum and we all thought he was amazing

So is any trade official yet?

Quote:So is any trade official yet?

Not until the first day of trading.

'02