Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

Not sure how keen I am on it, but Albert sounds like a thoughtful and well spoken dude. Sounds like could be a leader on the line.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't like it. We better get a draft pick or something as well. JT for Albert is robbery
The Dolphins fans didnt like it

Quote:I still don't get why this trade, either something we don't know about Beachum or it doesn't make much sense.

With this trade we would still have the other holes on the Oline and we add one at TE, we get a older LT who has kept missing games over the past for years and let go a younger one who could get better with one more offseason to rest his knee.

Guess we'll see what happens...
Did we really "add" another hole?  He had 281 yards last year and 455 the year before

Quote:Draft has a lot of options. Rd 2 or 3 I could see us nabbing a guy. Otherwise someone like Larry Donnel from NYG in FA.

I read this year's draft has a deep TE class, but only know about O.J. Howard and Jake Butt.

Quote:The Dolphins fans didnt like it

Did we really "add" another hole? He had 281 yards last year and 455 the year before

Its the name. Julius is older, slower, and heavier than when he was in Denver. I wanted to see what hed do this year but I see nothing wrong with this. Albert may be older but hes still damn good when healthy and an upgrade over Beachum.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 05:59 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:I read this year's draft has a deep TE class, but only know about O.J. Howard and Jake Butt.
Tell us what you know about Butt (and Howard)?

Edit: I watch little college ball tbh.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 05:58 PM by realtorpat.)

I imagine we will be drafting... RB CB RT G TE LB maybe S

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I don't like it. We better get a draft pick or something as well. JT for Albert is robbery
Albert has played more games the last 2 years than JT.  I thought you didn't want Albert because of his injury history but you want JT who misses more games than Albert?

Quote:The Dolphins fans didn't like it

Did we really "add" another hole?  He had 281 yards last year and 455 the year before

What Dolphins fans? Why would they not like it?

I strongly recommend looking at the number of games he played. It is hard to get a high number of yards while being ruled out on the injury report.

Quote: 

While I agree that Julius Thomas was disappointing he still amounted more yards and TD's than all our TE's combined. 

So yes, one way or another we'll have to sign/draft another TE eventually. 

May turn out better or worse, we'll see.

Butt has the best name in the draft. And coming off a torn ACL.

Quote:Tell us what you know about Butt (and Howard)?

Edit: I watch little college ball tbh.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Butt has the best name in the draft. And coming off a torn ACL.

I see your Butt and raise you a Hooker.

Quote:It's the name. Julius is older, slower, and heavier than when he was in Denver. I wanted to see what he'd do this year but I see nothing wrong with this. Albert may be older but hes still damn good when healthy and an upgrade over Beachum.

You are the first to say Brandon Albert would be an upgrade over Kelvin Beachum. Albert has been in the NFL 12 years; Julius Thomas only 6.

There is no reason to think it is just the name. It has been only two years since Adam Gase coached Julius Thomas.

For serious, I like this move a lot if we bring back Beachum and sign a guy or 2 and draft a guy or 2. Oline is probably our biggest weakness atm.

Quote:While I agree that Julius Thomas was disappointing he still amounted more yards and TD's than all our TE's combined. 

So yes, one way or another we'll have to sign/draft another TE eventually. 

May turn out better or worse, we'll see.
As much as i liked it when we brought in JT, i just dont think he is really the type of TE we need.  I think we need a better TE in the short area passing game where as to JT strength is hitting the seam down the middle or having him out wide on a go route.  Our WR our the deep threats and would be nice to add a better TE that can work the sticks on shorter passes imo

Quote:Butt has the best name in the draft. And coming off a torn ACL.

I am guessing that question was for me. I know O.J. Howard is the highest ranked TE in this draft class and had a great Senior Bowl week. He was fun to watch during the playoffs.

Bortles and Thomas had about as much chemistry as me with a lab kit. I'd prefer to roll the dice on Albert and hope he stays healthy. I like the move.

I'm not crazy about the trade, but I'm glad the O-line at least is being made a priority.

I don't think it makes TE a big need either.

Lewis/Koyack/Sterling plus a mid-late round rookie or a younger FA like Escobar will be fine IMO.

If they want s seam threat - Sterling has the wheels to use there.

Quote:As much as i liked it when we brought in JT, i just dont think he is really the type of TE we need.  I think we need a better TE in the short area passing game where as to JT strength is hitting the seam down the middle or having him out wide on a go route.  Our WR our the deep threats and would be nice to add a better TE that can work the sticks on shorter passes imo
I can agree to this but I was curious to see how he'd have performed this year in a different offense and with (hopefully) a better QB play.

Just like I felt we could have given one more year to Beachum as we have other glaring weaknesses on the Oline to address first. 

But I'm open to watch Albert here of course, I have nothing against the guy.

Again, I'm no PFF fan but it seems we'll get similar production as Beachum was the 63rd rater tackle in the league last season and Albert 65th. 

Here's hoping for Zeitler or Warford and all the help we can get on the line.

Quote:You are the first to say Brandon Albert would be an upgrade over Kelvin Beachum. Albert has been in the NFL 12 years; Julius Thomas only 6.

There is no reason to think it is just the name. It has been only two years since Adam Gase coached Julius Thomas.

Good lord. You are seriously clueless.

Julius was also 20 pounds lighter and more athletic two years ago. Albert when healthy is a high end LT. Beachum wasnt close to that at LT at any point, hence why we denied his option and are targetting Albert.

Quote:Its the name. Julius is older, slower, and heavier than when he was in Denver. I wanted to see what hed do this year but I see nothing wrong with this. Albert may be older but hes still damn good when healthy and an upgrade over Beachum.
Agreed