Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

Quote:You are the first to say Brandon Albert would be an upgrade over Kelvin Beachum. Albert has been in the NFL 12 years; Julius Thomas only 6.

There is no reason to think it is just the name. It has been only two years since Adam Gase coached Julius Thomas.
No he isnt, I have said this as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Albert has played more games the last 2 years than JT. I thought you didn't want Albert because of his injury history but you want JT who misses more games than Albert?

I think JT is still the most talented TE on our roster and is 3 years younger than Albert in a position than can play longer as well.

There just seems to be a lot more upside keeping JT and Beachum than getting Albert. IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Now we need a TE. I'm not completely sold on either Koyak or Sterling. Any decent FA TE targets?
I'm not 100% sold on the young guys either.

However.

They both u questionably outplayed Thomas and the giraffe at the end of the year.

I don't see us signing another high priced FA TE.

Quote:I'm not crazy about the trade, but I'm glad the O-line at least is being made a priority.

I don't think it makes TE a big need either.

Lewis/Koyack/Sterling plus a mid-late round rookie or a younger FA like Escobar will be fine IMO.

If they want s seam threat - Sterling has the wheels to use there.

It opens a hole at TE if we want four on the roster. Now we have to either sign a FA or draft one because three TEs are obviously not enough.

Excellent draft for TE's and it's not exactly a premium position. Maybe Evan Engram in round 3? Not convinced Albert is better than Beachum at this stage of his career though.

Another thing about this trade is JT was a poor blocking TE.  I wonder if Tom wants to keep a better blocking TE on the field.

Quote:Another thing about this trade is JT was a poor blocking TE. I wonder if Tom wants to keep a better blocking TE on the field.

You notice we haven't heard anything about cutting or trading Mercedes. I think that's partially out of favor for a long-term guy, partially because of his height, and mostly because he can still block.

I think the run game is gonna look way different next year.

Quote:Another thing about this trade is JT was a poor blocking TE.  I wonder if Tom wants to keep a better blocking TE on the field.

Marcedes Lewis is our blocking TE, right? We signed Julius Thomas knowing he is primarily a pass catcher.

Awesome. Still have free agency to look forward to where we could see the interior positions upgraded.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Marcedes Lewis is our blocking TE, right? We signed Julius Thomas knowing he is primarily a pass catcher.
He is, but I doubt he will be 1st on the depth chart come start of the season.  Who ever is our number 1 TE on the depth chart I believe he will be a better blocker than JT was.  

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 06:29 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Inside the Dolphins Heaven link is another link to a Miami Sun Sentinel article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami...story.html

Dont think Albert is really a upgrade over Beachum. Oh well.

Quote:I see your Butt and raise you a Hooker.
Don Meredith had the best line when describing Fair Hooker of the Browns when he said, " I never met a fair hooker."

Think we got fleeced. Albert is going to be 33. Are we getting a draft pick as well?

Why aren't picks included in the trade? That is weird.

I think their could be picks involved, but we'll see.  The part in the article where Albert says people will be surprised by the terms has me curious.

I like the move. Albert is a man up front and in the huddle. Thomas was so uninspiring. Just hope he stays healthy of course.

I'm down with Engram round 3!
Shock the world

Julius is a quitter, good riddance. 

This is a TC kinda move and I like it.

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Well, I like JT, but I also believe Koyak/Sterling will make up for it.