Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

Quote:I think their could be picks involved, but we'll see. The part in the article where Albert says people will be surprised by the terms has me curious.

Good point. Hope we got a pick as well!
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like the move. Albert is a man up front and in the huddle. Thomas was so uninspiring. Just hope he stays healthy of course.

I'm down with Engram round 3!

He hasnt played a full season since 2011

Quote:Well, I like JT, but I also believe Koyak/Sterling will make up for it.

Koyak seems like a 3-5 catch a game type of guy, but also someone that moves the chains. I'm down with him as one of our TE's.
Shock the world

Quote:Julius is a quitter, good riddance. 

This is a TC kinda move and I like it.

I never saw Julius Thomas quit. He just kept getting hurt.

Quote:He hasnt played a full season since 2011

Ill take a chance on the next Jordan Reed. Thanks.
Shock the world

Quote:Ill take a chance on the next Jordan Reed. Thanks.

Who do you think is the next Jordan Reed?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 06:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I really like the interview and the parts where he says health wise the healthiest hes ever been and feels like he is at a point in his career where he can be as dominant as he was in college.   Also hears the people saying he don't got it no more and has a chip on his shoulder

Quote:He hasnt played a full season since 2011
Hes played more games than JT and Beachum the last few seasons

Quote:Dont think Albert is really a upgrade over Beachum. Oh well.

I think he's more well rounded when healthy. I think Beachum's a better pass blocker, but Albert is a big time upgrade in the run game and isn't going to be a huge drop-off from Beachum in the pass game...so long as he's healthy. I still want Albert at RT and Beachum LT.

Speaking of injuries, I think it's a fairly even trade seeing as Julius broke his damn wrist on a 4 yard out route in his 1st damn preseason here.

It's not gonna make a huge diff either way.

Quote:I never saw Julius Thomas quit. He just kept getting hurt.

Julius mailed it in around mid November this past year. It was painfully obvious to any real football fans with real football eyes.

I still hope they sign another LT for depth.

Noted. I took the matter to an impartial 3rd party (my 5 year old son). He started running around the house saying "JAKE BUTT JAKE BUTT!"

Quote:I see your Butt and raise you a Hooker.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Seems like a professional and firey dude in his interview. Hope this goes down. Thomas is a bum, but I wish him luck Smile
Shock the world

Quote:I never saw Julius Thomas quit. He just kept getting hurt.
He was out there on the field but there's a difference between running your routes/blocking and having a fire under your butt. He has no intensity or passion. Watching him play the last half of last year was like watching a pre game walk through... a technical exercise. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

The reason we are trading for him is because we know he wouldn't sign with us outright.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I don't like it. We better get a draft pick or something as well. JT for Albert is robbery

Value wise, LT is way more important than TE. I think it's a pretty fair trade. However, I'd prefer we keep Beachum because I feel he has more upside (younger). Beachum will be a better LT since he will be one more year removed from that torn ACL. For the first half of last season, he didn't look comfortable or confident in the knee.

Hopefully we trade for Albert and keep Beachum and let them compete for the LT spot. kick the "loser" to LG.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:He was out there on the field but there's a difference between running your routes/blocking and having a fire under your butt. He has no intensity or passion. Watching him play the last half of last year was like watching a pre game walk through... a technical exercise.

Same vibe I got from him. Seemed to loaf .
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 07:08 PM by Achilles.)

Hoping for a trade down picking up oj Howard and possibly also someone like dalvin cook.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I don't like this trade at all. We get an old, injury prone LT in exchange for a very high priced free agent that is much younger. We better draft a LT as well, because Albert doesn't have much time left on his career and I don't trust him to stay healthy for the entire year. I still say we need to trade down and target a LT like Ramczyk. We could play him at RT, Albert at LT and when Albert is finished, we move Ramczyk to LT. 

I like it. A veteran pro bowl LT at the end of his career for a lazy, oft injured, overpaid TE that had inflated numbers playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time....

Does anyone know the cap details of the trade?