Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

I don't see how some of yall can be quick to wanna ship a talented TE, who was plagued by injuries and a poor coaching staff... Not to mention poor QB play. For a Older LT. Then again it don't surprise me.People still support keeping Henne..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like it. A veteran pro bowl LT at the end of his career for a lazy, oft injured, overpaid TE that had inflated numbers playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time....

Does anyone know the cap details of the trade?

Pretty much where I'm leaning
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I trust Coughlin. Added some leadership with a nice stop gap. Hopefully Albert can stay healthy. JTs trade value wasnt going to get any higher than it is now. I like Sterling too, so its not much of a loss...pretty even trade

Quote:I like it. A veteran pro bowl LT at the end of his career for a lazy, oft injured, overpaid TE that had inflated numbers playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time....

agreed

Quote:I don't like this trade at all. We get an old, injury prone LT in exchange for a very high priced free agent that is much younger. We better draft a LT as well, because Albert doesn't have much time left on his career and I don't trust him to stay healthy for the entire year. I still say we need to trade down and target a LT like Ramczyk. We could play him at RT, Albert at LT and when Albert is finished, we move Ramczyk to LT. 
Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't need to make a stupid trade for an LT and then compound that by making a bad decision in the draft too. 

Coughlin probably saw the tape and got furious with Thomas' play lol.
Shock the world

Quote:Coughlin probably saw the tape and got furious with Thomas' play lol.
Running routes at walkthrough practice speed

Thomas honestly doesnt matter. Hes an average receiver only tight end that cant stay healthy.

Swapping Beachum for Albert is just such a boneheaded move. The only thing Alber has over beachum is run blocking. Were literally only doing this because blake is garbage and cant be trusted to throw so were gonna do backflips just to fix the run game. Cant wait for Leonard Fournette and a whole season of Bjoern Fowler Jr at defensive end.

Quote:Noted. I took the matter to an impartial 3rd party (my 5 year old son). He started running around the house saying "JAKE BUTT JAKE BUTT!"

You're son, whilst quite super-awesome for running around screaming Jake Butt, missed a real opportunity at hilarity by not running around your house screaming Malik Hooker's name. I'm sure the Mrs would enjoy that one lol.

In all honesty the Jags owe it to us to draft these two guys both this year. Give us something (besides Tom Coughlin obvi) to cheers about.

Its good to hear that an upgrade to one of the most important positions is most likely coming FA hasn't even gotten here yet

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 07:50 PM by Treestone Ice.)

I agree. I think we'll pay a hair less than 2 mil more for Albert in 2017 than we would've JT (it's like 10.6 vs 8.4 ish) I believe both are in the last year of their deals, could be wrong on that one.

I like this trade We get a LT who was a pro bowl player in 2015 and while the age is concerning.It's a clear message that we
need to win now. Can't see why anyone would complain about that even though I don't see it happening in 2017.

Beachum doesn't have as much leverage anymore either, btw.

Quote:Thomas honestly doesnt matter. Hes an average receiver only tight end that cant stay healthy.

Swapping Beachum for Albert is just such a boneheaded move. The only thing Alber has over beachum is run blocking. Were literally only doing this because blake is garbage and cant be trusted to throw so were gonna do backflips just to fix the run game. Cant wait for Leonard Fournette and a whole season of Bjoern Fowler Jr at defensive end.

The run game does need to be fixed though. Its the most important thing for this offseason. Don't agree with taking Fournette of course but I don't see what's wrong with getting the run game going.

I bet that Coughlin saw the same things in Julius Thomas that John Elway and Shannon Sharpe did. When the team needs him the most, he folds like a lawn chair. He has always gotten by on his freakish athleticism but there's no heart there. 

I miss Pete Mitchell. You all remember that guy back in the 90s? I remember whenever Brunell would get in trouble Pete Mitchell would come through in the clutch with some 3rd down magic. His numbers were never that amazing I would take Pete Mitchell over 2 Julius Thomases. 

What do you all think of going back to using more blocking TEs and Fullbacks? Coughlin used to love that strong I and Power I formation with Kyle Brady and Damon Shelton. 

Sorry if I have eaten all the member berries, but they are all that keep me going nowadays. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:The run game does need to be fixed though. Its the most important thing for this offseason. Don't agree with taking Fournette of course but I don't see what's wrong with getting the run game going.
Sure it does. But we should be fixing the positions everyone on this board has been talking about all season, which is Guard. Not swapping a young cheap good left tackle for an old less healthy option for the sake of a marginal upgrade at the least important position on the line for run blocking.

Quote:I think JT is still the most talented TE on our roster and is 3 years younger than Albert in a position than can play longer as well.

There just seems to be a lot more upside keeping JT and Beachum than getting Albert. IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong

Yeah and they rarely used Julius correctly.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 08:21 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Sure it does. But we should be fixing the positions everyone on this board has been talking about all season, which is Guard. Not swapping a young cheap good left tackle for an old less healthy option for the sake of a marginal upgrade at the least important position on the line for run blocking.
Nothing stopping us aggressively fixing the guard/right tackle spots too although right tackle might just be left with Parnell.

Yeah I'd rather keep Beachum too but can see why they would let him go from their perspective , he's the smallest left tackle in the league, not good in the run game and gave up 5 sacks last year.

Of course he's only back from his ACL and and he played decent IMO but that's what it looks like from their perspective.

Quote:Julius mailed it in around mid November this past year. It was painfully obvious to any real football fans with real football eyes.
Maybe, so so did ARob.
No Fun

Quote:Nothing stopping us aggressively fixing the guard/right tackle spots too although right tackle might just be left with Parnell.

Yeah I'd rather keep Beachum too but can see why they would let him go from their perspective , he's the smallest left tackle in the league, not good in the run game and gave up 5 sacks last year.

Of course he's only back from his ACL and and he played decent IMO but that's what it looks like from their perspective.
His size is pretty much irrelevant. His size didnt stop him from being a really good left tackle with the steelers. We still can fix those other spots, its that theres all these other holes on the line and instead we make changes at one of the two positions we should have been satisfied with.