Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags finalizing a trade sending Julius Thomas for Albert

Quote:The reason we are trading for him is because we know he wouldn't sign with us outright.

That has nothing to do with why we want him instead of someone else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe, so so did ARob.

There's no maybe about JT80. Arob I think tried, I just think he tried too hard. Him and Bortles both had a lot on their shoulders, and they both proved either too young or unworthy of standing up to the pressure. I don't think they both folded, I think Bortles is the issue here.

Quote:That has nothing to do with why we want him instead of someone else.

I'd think if he was cut he would go to a contender.
No Fun

Quote:Pretty much where I'm leaning

I lean with the Dinger on this one. I like it. I still want Beachum back.

I like it. We need OL badly. You can draft impact rookie TE's in the mid rounds, you'll struggle to draft an impact lineman in any round.

Quote:I lean with the Dinger on this one. I like it. I still want Beachum back.
Can never have too many good Olinemen

Can Beachum play LG?

Marty Bennett?

Quote:I'd think if he was cut he would go to a contender.

Did you read the article?

“Why ruffle feathers when you don’t have to?” Albert said when asked about the potential trade to Jacksonville, which he wouldn’t confirm details of. “It’s the business of the game. I honestly believe where I’m going to go is the right fit. It is going to be a surprise when [the terms] comes out."

Quote:I lean with the Dinger on this one. I like it. I still want Beachum back.
If we can keep Beachum around while getting Albert I'd be a lot happier. I'm warming to the idea a bit, but I still think there needs to be like a 4th or 5th round pick along with him.

On a side note, anyone know off hand how many more years Albert's contract is for?

Edit, just looked into it, looks like he's under contract through 2018, becoming a Fa for the 2019 season
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Can never have too many good Olinemen

Can Beachum play LG?

Albert can play LG. Beachum has played LT his entire career.

Quote:Albert can play LG. Beachum has played LT his entire career.

Beachum played LG in camp this year, alternating with Joeckel
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 08:53 PM by BritishJag.)

If we go into the season with:

Parnell Cann Linder Beachum Albert

I'd be feeling pretty good. Hell bring Jockel and Omameh back, draft 2 more linemen. Great teams have great lines (for the most part) and we need to give Bortles and our RB's a real NFL line.

Quote:I really wanted to see Julius used correctly, but I can understand why they are trading him.
He can't stay no wait he doesn't want to stay healthy long enough to even make a difference. He's to busy just sucking up that money for no payback. Not worth it. I would've let him go last year. Not to mention the re-signing of Chad Henne. What a freaking wasted spot.... 

Quote:Beachum played LG in camp this year, alternating with Joeckel
Beachum couldn't protect Ben in Pit so just saying that was a waste of time also.

Quote:Beachum couldn't protect Ben in Pit so just saying that was a waste of time also.

OK chief
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We need a starting LT more than we need a TE so this deal makes sense.  I hoped JT would stay healthy when he came here but he hasn't.  Doesn't matter how talented a guy is if he doesn't play most of the time.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:His size is pretty much irrelevant. His size didnt stop him from being a really good left tackle with the steelers. We still can fix those other spots, its that theres all these other holes on the line and instead we make changes at one of the two positions we should have been satisfied with.

You'd think players performance would be more important than size but its still a factor. Especially when Coughlin and his OLine guy have almost always had huge tackles who can push in the run game.

I think Albert offers more than Beachum , can play more spots but his health is too much of a ??

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 09:13 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:I think Albert offers more than Beachum 
That's possibly true if Beachum doesn't improve at all from last season. We're going to be real sad when Beachum goes Alex Mack on us two years removed from his major leg injury. Albert doesn't really offer that type of rebound potential considering his age and types of injuries. 

Quote:Beachum doesn't have as much leverage anymore either, btw.

Leverage for what?