Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So Funny, But knew it was coming

For years everyone was upset the JAGS never fixed or done anything really to FIX the O-Line, Now that Coughlin's back, and he's making decisions to fix it, everyone's all upset they have not resigned who, him, this guy, or whatever. IF you remember "TOM" he's a firm believer that it all starts in the trenches. He's going to fix, improve the O-Line which has been this teams huge weakness for years. He is going to get an O-line, believe that. When he does the running game will improve greatly, which will highly improve the passing game giving Blake way more time to go thru his checks and be comfortable doing so. It does not shock me at all, I knew it the moment they hired him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Re-sign Beachum, hell, re-sign the Joke for depth, sign Warford, draft a RT in round 2, and this oline is much more healthy going into next year. I'd prefer another FA lineman, TJ Lang being my guy if the above works out.

I don't think Albert is that good anymore.

dont question anything tom does bros just trust the process no matter how dumb the move looks on the outside

Quote:dont question anything tom does bros just trust the process no matter how dumb the move looks on the outside

That's all we can do..

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 09:00 PM by pirkster.)

I certainly hope those last two comments were facetious, particularly since they are coming from those who think "everyone else" are the ones who mindlessly go along with whatever the club does...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Beachum needs to be re-signed before March 9th on a restructured deal. I have faith that our FO will get this done, because just trading for Albert and letting Beachum walk doesn't make sense. He's young and still recovering from that knee injury.

Unless they are reworking Beachum's deal and plan on sticking Albert in at Guard.

Quote:Beachum needs to be re-signed before March 9th on a restructured deal. I have faith that our FO will get this done, because just trading for Albert and letting Beachum walk doesn't make sense. He's young and still recovering from that knee injury.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I don't get the love affair with beachum

Quote:I don't get the love affair with beachum

Same. He's actually terrible.

I'm ok with letting Beachum go if they have someone to replace him in mind. But I don't see Albert being that much of a step above him. And seems to be more expensive (but I could be wrong). But it's all speculation until it becomes fact; so here's to more waiting........

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 12:58 PM by JagFanFirst.)

The problem is, there aren't many good OT options in the draft. Probably not in free agency either. So I see Albert as a band aid for the position, probably until 2018.  After that, he can be a back up.

Man, I think whiffing on Joeckel really hurt this franchise. He was supposed to be a great left tackle - he was one of the top 3 players in the draft that year. Just a crushing disappointment.

Lol people acting like Albert is an Elite LT. Coughlin needs to sign 2 more top OL in FA for this line to be solid.

Quote:Beachum needs to be re-signed before March 9th on a restructured deal. I have faith that our FO will get this done, because just trading for Albert and letting Beachum walk doesn't make sense. He's young and still recovering from that knee injury.

What if there is information we dont know about beachum?

What if our front office is confident that albert is that much better?

What if they have a plan in place to be smart with money?

Everyone can complain about the move or how it doesn't make sense all they want to. It makes sense to the front office and they know more than we do. 

Will it work out? who knows, but the point is they think this is for the best and we have to hope that holds up. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Lol people acting like Albert is an Elite LT. Coughlin needs to sign 2 more top OL in FA for this line to be solid.

Can we please see your ranked list of left tackles then?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Can we please see your ranked list of left tackles then?

So you think hes elite?

Quote:So you think hes elite?

And Beachum was?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Can we please see your ranked list of left tackles then?

From PFF (mostly):

1. Trent Williams, LT, Washington Redskins

2. Andrew Whitworth, LT, Cincinnati Bengals

3. Donald Penn, LT, Oakland Raiders

4. Joe Thomas, LT, Cleveland Browns

5. Tyron Smith, LT, Dallas Cowboys

6. <Pencil in> Duane Brown, LT, Houston Texans

7. Taylor Lewan, LT, Tennessee Titans

Quote:And Beachum was?

No but people acting like Albert is.

If you were Beachum would you:

a. wait for a deal from the 3-13 Jags that would be for pretty much 1 to 2 years in what may wind up being a back-up role?

b. test the open market for a starting LT gig for several years?

The guy is gone and it's not that big of a deal.

You're Welcome.