Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So Funny, But knew it was coming

So....   can't add this point to the scores of other discussions?  Is it going to be that kinda of off season?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People are mad that Tom's concentrating on the trenches? How do you think goober Eli manning won two bowls? This is blakes saving grace.

Quote:No but people acting like Albert is.

Really?  Who?

Maybe it's just because you hate any and every move that they make?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So you think hes elite?

All I have done is seen you complain about Albert, I have seen a lot of people say we should have just kept beachum. 

So instead of whining, it would be nice to see some substance to back up the complaints. 

Where do you think Albert ranks among NFL LTs? Where do you think Beachum ranks? How big is the gap between them?

Even if you think albert and beachum are on par, clearly that is not a shared sentiment among NFL front offices. 

So let's hear it....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:From PFF (mostly):

1. Trent Williams, LT, Washington Redskins

2. Andrew Whitworth, LT, Cincinnati Bengals

3. Donald Penn, LT, Oakland Raiders

4. Joe Thomas, LT, Cleveland Browns

5. Tyron Smith, LT, Dallas Cowboys

6. <Pencil in> Duane Brown, LT, Houston Texans

7. Taylor Lewan, LT, Tennessee Titans

PFF is trash Cland

Quote:The problem is, there aren't many good OT options in the draft. Probably not in free agency either. So I see Albert as a band aid for the position, probably until 2018.  After that, he can be a back up.

Man, I think whiffing on Joeckel really hurt this franchise. He was supposed to be a great left tackle - he was one of the top 3 players in the draft that year. Just a crushing disappointment.
Yep. It happens. It happens to all teams here and there.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:People are mad that Tom's concentrating on the trenches? How do you think goober Eli manning won two bowls? This is blakes saving grace.
gospel. Just got better at LT and FA hasn't even started yet.

I've been banging my head on the table saying our oline is miserably bad. I like the move. It took an oline oriented coach and Tom Coughlin to renew that focus. I'm excited for the further changes coming to the trenches; I think there's gonna be some big boys headed to Jax in the coming months.

We need a Ronald Leary type of Guard. Hope we sign him.

Quote:We need a Ronald Leary type of Guard. Hope we sign him.
Id rather have Zeitler.

Quote:We need a Ronald Leary type of Guard. Hope we sign him.

Quote:Id rather have Zeitler.

Ill take whoever they want. It just means were not gonna be pushed around anymore and its about damn time.

Quote:Id rather have Zeitler.
agree

Quote:Ill take whoever they want. It just means were not gonna be pushed around anymore and its about damn time.

We cant strikeout on this. We need to sign at least one of them.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 12:00 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:We cant strikeout on this. We need to sign at least one of them.
Not really, there are a couple other guys that would be good too. TJ Lang or Larry Warford would be very good as well

Quote:Same. He's actually terrible.

Beachum and Terrible doesn't belong within the same sentence period...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:What if there is information we dont know about beachum?

What if our front office is confident that albert is that much better?

What if they have a plan in place to be smart with money?

Everyone can complain about the move or how it doesn't make sense all they want to. It makes sense to the front office and they know more than we do. 

Will it work out? who knows, but the point is they think this is for the best and we have to hope that holds up.

"Who's gonna have the better lunch"?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:That's all we can do..

And just get better. Gus was right. How we gone win if we're not getting any better from one day to the next? hmm?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~