Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myers has missed a couple

NEWS FLASH: Scobee didn't make every single field goal. The fact we got a draft pick that isn't the 7th round for an aged kicker is miraculous. Myers is doing well for being so new. Huge leg he could actually make a 63 yard FG to win us a game.

No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:NEWS FLASH: Scobee didn't make every single field goal. The fact we got a draft pick that isn't the 7th round for an aged kicker is miraculous. Myers is doing well for being so new. Huge leg he could actually make a 63 yard FG to win us a game.

That 60 yarder missed to win the game vs Pittsburgh still haunts me. Maybe Myers can win us one of that distance and make everyone forget Scooby. Remember when Mike Hollis left? Yeah, I didn't care either...lol
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

When Hollis left we were so ready due to his inability to kickoff beyond the 10 yardline.

I only recall one time when a Kicker made it through the entire preseason without a miss, and that was Seth Marler. He didn't last long once the regular season games begin though. I know this is the same concern those have for Myers, however, comments about his poise and ability to handle pressure give me confidence. He's missed two kicks...one from 57 and another from 56. Big whoop. Scobee rarely makes these either.

'02

Myers is looking good thus far.  Even Scobee misses field goals.

The ability to get consistent touchbacks is huge.

Hopefully he can limit the amount of times teams start in good field position, and hopefully he has to kick a lotttt of kick offs.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Myers is looking good thus far.  Even Scobee misses field goals.

Scobee has kicked a game-winning 59-yard FG, however, that's the only 56+ yard FG he's ever made. Myers only misses were from 57 and 56, and they both had plenty of leg.

'02

Quote:Maybe its just nerves but I'm starting to think he was kept over Scobee because of his touchbacks.

Stop

Kids, this is your brain on Madden.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote: :woot:

We need a cool nickname for him, something tying in Michael Myers & Jason Friday 13th, and kicking...
Best case scenario is he changes his number to 13. That would be perfect.

Greene can pick another number.

Just LOL...

He made the game winner.

He. Made. The. Game. Winner.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

This kid is going to be great. And we got a 6th round pick in addition. As much as I have loved watching Scobee be our leading scorer, he was a little off last year. And this is a new era. Hopefully we have a potent enough offense now to not have our kicker tow the whole weight.

Quote:Not just tonight
I know you have this need to have something to complain and wring your hands over.  It's your shtick. 

He's missed two FG attempts.  Both were well over 50 yards.  Odds are, Scobee would have been just as likely to miss them based on his performance in 2014.  So, feel free to cause yourself a great deal of angst over losing an older, more expensive kicker in favor of a younger, cheaper kicker with a bigger leg.  If you're progression in your trail of tears now has you on the kicker position, the team is clearly progressing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 10:43 AM by BassX97.)

Interesting thing to think about though, If Myers did make that 56 yarder I think Caldwell would've gotten some serious reputation increases around the league...if he hasn't already (Regarding this whole kicker situation and how he handled it)

With that said, Totally think Myers will do as good or better than Scobee would have.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Remind you of something? Today's. Ozone.

Bman from Hoodbridge, VA:
So much for Myers...good call fellas, good call. Best of luck #scobeeyourself
John: I got this email after <a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/jason-myers/1f6e53c7-1619-4bf1-b43f-e88190f3276d/' title="Jason Myers">Jason Myers[Image: icon-article-link.gif]</a> missed a 56-yard field goal Thursday in the first quarter. I kid you not.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

People are morons.

Quote:Maybe its just nerves but I'm starting to think he was kept over Scobee because of his touchbacks.

Scobee sent 5/5 kickoffs into the endzone and only one returned.

Myers sent 7/8 into the end zone and several returned.

(It wasn't the touchbacks.)

Quote:Scobee sent 5/5 kickoffs into the endzone and only one returned.

Myers sent 7/8 into the end zone and several returned.

(It wasn't the touchbacks.)
I think in a couple of the games they were told to kick short for coverage practice.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I think in a couple of the games they were told to kick short for coverage practice.

Yep.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 11:24 AM by jackinblack.)

Scobee was 50% on FGs 50+ yards last year, longest he made was 53 yards

Quote:Scobee was 50% on FGs 50+ yards last year, longest he made was 53 yards
and a career 60+% on 50 yards or more. That's darn good. 

However, overall I think Myers has been pretty darn accurate himself. Cheaper/Younger/Draft pick... and at the end of the day, may be better.