Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myers has missed a couple

If you drop ten percent from your career average, then it's a signal the "arrow is pointing down."

Scobee has years left in the tank, but he won't be who he was in the past.

With luck, he can extend his career like Shayne Graham.  Sounds like he wants to use this year in Pittsburgh as an audition for a job elsewhere next year.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There are 20 active kickers in the NFL with a better career FG% than Scobee.  Many of whom who have not spent their entire career in a city with great weather like Jax.  Maybe the organization wanted to roll the dice and find a kicker who would at least be middle of the pack.  I'm not sure why Scobee has attained an almost immortal status with the fans here.  

Quote:There are 20 active kickers in the NFL with a better career FG% than Scobee.  Many of whom who have not spent their entire career in a city with great weather like Jax.  Maybe the organization wanted to roll the dice and find a kicker who would at least be middle of the pack.  I'm not sure why Scobee has attained an almost immortal status with the fans here.  

But are they nice guys who help you get free subs????

Quote:But are they nice guys who help you get free subs????

And I just can't picture another kicker doing the "kicking it with Scobee" segments during the games. Something would just be off.

Quote:Scobee sent 5/5 kickoffs into the endzone and only one returned.

Myers sent 7/8 into the end zone and several returned.

(It wasn't the touchbacks.)
Myers was actually told to kick a returnable ball in one game in order for them to get some film of the return team.  They mentioned it during the game.  Otherwise, he would have kicked it out of the back of the end zone 8 times.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:There are 20 active kickers in the NFL with a better career FG% than Scobee. Many of whom who have not spent their entire career in a city with great weather like Jax. Maybe the organization wanted to roll the dice and find a kicker who would at least be middle of the pack. I'm not sure why Scobee has attained an almost immortal status with the fans here.
Can u provide a link with that source? Some of yall gonna defend everything and everybody.. Like Henne.. Whats gonna happen when The kid miss a game winner that we know Scobee would hit? Are yall gonna defend that lost?

Quote:Maybe its just nerves but I'm starting to think he was kept over Scobee because of his touchbacks.

Or maybe because he won the starting job.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Can u provide a link with that source? Some of yall gonna defend everything and everybody.. Like Henne.. Whats gonna happen when The kid miss a game winner that we know Scobee would hit? Are yall gonna defend that lost?

Rearranging your synaptic misfires, we have:

Q:  Whats gonna happen when The kid miss a game winner that we know Scobee would hit?

A:  Can u provide a link with that source?

Quote:Can u provide a link with that source? Some of yall gonna defend everything and everybody.. Like Henne.. Whats gonna happen when The kid miss a game winner that we know Scobee would hit? Are yall gonna defend that lost?
Scobee missed 1/4 of his field goal attempts last year.  If the rookie misses a game winner along the way, there's nothing to say Scobee would have made the kick.  It's idiotic to make a point like that.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hows is it idiotic if we have seen Scobee do it a thousand times? We haven't seen the kid do it yet!! If he miss then Caldwell Somewhere looking stupid..

Quote:Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?
Yeah i was but i figured trying to teach u guys something was pointless.

Quote:Hows is it idiotic if we have seen Scobee do it a thousand times? We haven't seen the kid do it yet!! If he miss then Caldwell Somewhere looking stupid..
Scobee missed a quarter of his FG attempts last year.  What's so difficult to understand about that? 

The rookie has a bigger leg, and has shown he can make the kicks.  He beat Scobee out in training camp because he outperformed him.  You need to accept that reality, then crawl back under your rock until Myers misses one.  Then you can come back and tell us how right you were.  Then when he makes a few, you can crawl back under your rock.  Rinse and repeat.

Quote:Yeah i was but i figured trying to teach u guys something was pointless.
Right, because you're always the one that ends up getting schooled. 

Quote:Yeah i was but i figured trying to teach u guys something was pointless.

What? Almost unintelligible grammar? You've succeeded.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Hows is it idiotic if we have seen Scobee do it a thousand times? We haven't seen the kid do it yet!! If he miss then Caldwell Somewhere looking stupid..

A thousand times, huh?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 01:57 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Hows is it idiotic if we have seen Scobee do it a thousand times

"Can u provide a link with that source?"

Good God,.... How many kickers would even attempt that 55 yarder.

He made one earlier preseason that cleared easy....saw that one.

And its been said he can make them from 60 yards.

Can we move on to something else?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think some people are just scared of change.

The kicker (scobee) is dead.

Long live the kicker (myers)!!!

Quote:There are 20 active kickers in the NFL with a better career FG% than Scobee.  Many of whom who have not spent their entire career in a city with great weather like Jax.  Maybe the organization wanted to roll the dice and find a kicker who would at least be middle of the pack.  I'm not sure why Scobee has attained an almost immortal status with the fans here.  

His first few years dragged his average down. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

And yes, I know he had a bad 2014.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"