Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could the Jaguars trade Scobee? Ryan O thinks so. (Scobee Traded to steelers)

I don't think there is anything there aside from O'Halloran having a random thought but we shall see. He even mentions trading Myers as a possibility. Probably similar to Indy trading Cody Parkey to Philly last year.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544...e-inviting

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think there is anything there aside from O'Halloran having a random thought but we shall see. He even mentions trading Myers as a possibility. Probably similar to Indy trading Cody Parkey to Philly last year.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544...e-inviting

No one trades for kickers. I'm sure Caldwell would love it, but it's a complete fantasy.

They know we have to cut one....

Quote:No one trades for kickers. I'm sure Caldwell would love it, but it's a complete fantasy.

Yet it happened last year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:No one trades for kickers. I'm sure Caldwell would love it, but it's a complete fantasy.
Cody Parkey was traded from the Colts to the Eagles and Brandon McManus was traded from the Giants to the Broncos last season alone...

Steelers just lost another kicker yesterday to a hammy... That's their second of the preseason ... Just sayin

Quote:Yet it happened last year.

Yep. Twice. It's not as crazy as some think.

Tampa could be interested as well.

;

;

Trade Scobee for a DE

Quote:Cody Parkey was traded from the Colts to the Eagles and Brandon McManus was traded from the Giants to the Broncos last season alone...

Good point. One was a player for player trade, which is more possible than getting a solid pick and the other was a conditional 7th rounder. Either way I stand corrected, teams do occasionally make a trade for a kicker, regardless of how light the compensation might be.

If an offer comes in for either kicker you take it, both have looked solid and we could do much worse than either of them.

It doesn't matter who kicks for the Jags.. they need TD's, not kicker trades.... and anyways, Aguayo out of Florida State will be available next year. He looks pretty solid to me.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Can't Myers suffer a horrible thumb splinter and go on IR?

If an offer were to come in, cut bait and move forward. Scobee has been great in Jaxs, but his leg isn't what it was. Emotion aside, I say go young.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:They know we have to cut one....

That's the thing. We don't have the upper hand on this.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:If an offer were to come in, cut bait and move forward. Scobee has been great in Jaxs, but his leg isn't what it was. Emotion aside, I say go young.

Scobee has been blasting the ball in the back of the end zone. Since when is 33 old for a kicker?

Quote:If an offer were to come in, cut bait and move forward. Scobee has been great in Jaxs, but his leg isn't what it was. Emotion aside, I say go young.

His leg is fine from what I've seen. Hit a 50+ yarder already in the preseason and his kickoffs have been deep in the end zone. There's no reason to cut bait on someone that has icewater in his veins at the end of games the way Scobee does for an unknown. This team needs to start winning now.

Quote:Scobee has been blasting the ball in the back of the end zone. Since when is 33 old for a kicker?
Didn't say he was old for a kicker, but I could see where that is assumed because I said go young. 23, 33, or 43, his numbers show he is slowing down, so why not get something for him and move on to a younger guy that has a stronger leg? Is it a risk? Sure it is.

Quote:His leg is fine from what I've seen. Hit a 50+ yarder already in the preseason and his kickoffs have been deep in the end zone. There's no reason to cut bait on someone that has icewater in his veins at the end of games the way Scobee does for an unknown. This team needs to start winning now.
Yeah he made a 50+ yarder in preseason, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been holding my breath each attempt, including last year. Speaking of last year, he was 3/6 at 50 plus and it may have been worse if Bradley had let him attempt more. I can remember a few games where the Jags were in the 52-55 yard range and he was held back from attempting. Lack of confidence in his leg strength or accuracy? Maybe...maybe not. Not sure kickoffs would readily show a decline in leg strength as it pertains to place kicking, but I'm just some dude on a message board.

If we really are planning on moving away from him I do wish we could get something from him. However like someone said teams know we wont keep both so I doubt we'd get the chance.

I don't see us getting a great deal back for a kicker, even a kicker like Scobee. I'd rather have Scobee until he show significant sign of decline and then go find the next guy, even if we miss out on Myers. Kickers like Scobee are a rare breed, as we found out when we lost Mike Hollis.