Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will become the best QB of this franchise

He may well be the best quarterback pick of the 2014 draft. He may well also become the best quarterback this franchise has ever had. Maybe. He still has a lot of maturing to do to get there though as he is still making way too many mental errors. He could have been picked several times yesterday, and the snap/fumble/touchdown was more his fault than Wis's.

I hope he can go uninjured long enough to realize his potential, which is asking a lot considering that Joeckel is still getting beat regualarly. We need better o-linemen or Bortles is going to get hurt. That's all there is to it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's no Johnny

Quote:The only thing he needs is better accuracy. I mean he is already playing at a franchise level right now, but you boost that accuracy 60-65% and people will be talking about him as a top 5 QB

I'd say he also needs to improve his recognition.  He's still prone to make head-scratching decisions at times and misses open receivers, but I'm not complaining given that he's still such a young player.  What he lacks in finesse at this point he makes up for with athleticism and hard work.  If he keeps putting in the work, these other areas will hopefully improve as well.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Blake Bortles is 23 years old.

When is a QB's prime?  28-35?

Quote:He may well be the best quarterback pick of the 2014 draft. He may well also become the best quarterback this franchise has ever had. Maybe. He still has a lot of maturing to do to get there though as he is still making way too many mental errors. He could have been picked several times yesterday, and the snap/fumble/touchdown was more his fault than Wis's.

LOL now people are criticizing "the could have been turnovers". Gotta love message board people.

Quote:Blake Bortles is 23 years old.

I would say 27-32

Didn't he already break the season passing TD record?

.@Jaguars QB Blake Bortles has thrown 22 TDs and just 1 INT in the redzone this season -- 22:1 ratio in the RZ is the best in the NFL in '15

Blake Bortles is the youngest QB to have 3,500 passing yards & 30 passing TDs in a season since Dan Marino in 1984.

Quote:He's no Johnny
Who? Smile

Quote:.@Jaguars QB Blake Bortles has thrown 22 TDs and just 1 INT in the redzone this season -- 22:1 ratio in the RZ is the best in the NFL in '15
.... Eminem has 0 INTs (or did prior to yesterday) in the RZ.... I assume fewer TDs though

I wonder if the Texans are kicking themselves for not taking Bortles #1 instead of Clowney.  Of course they got the last laugh in 2011 when we drafted Blaine Gabbert one spot ahead of JJ Watt, OUCH

Quote:.... Eminem has 0 INTs (or did prior to yesterday) in the RZ.... I assume fewer TDs though

Seeing as Mariota only has 19 TDs on the season it's safe to assume he has fewer than 22 in the redzone  :teehee:

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 05:55 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:.@Jaguars QB Blake Bortles has thrown 22 TDs and just 1 INT in the redzone this season -- 22:1 ratio in the RZ is the best in the NFL in '15

LOL but the haters say he makes bad decisions in the wrong places on the field. It's a joke; his INT % rate is lower than most of the greats.

Bortles INT % rate this season at AGE 23 is 2.6%

Farve CAREER rate is 3.3%

Marino CAREER rate is 3.0%

Aikman CAREER rate is 3.0%

Brees CAREER rate is 2.6%

Peyton Manning CAREER rate is 2.7%

Elway CAREER rate is 3.1%

It's arguable he's already there.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It's arguable he's already there.

Let's wait until he wins more than 5 games in a season before we annoit him the King. Brunell won some pretty big road games and playoff games back in the day...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Let's wait until he wins more than 5 games in a season before we annoit him the King. Brunell won some pretty big road games and playoff games back in the day...

Brunell didn't throw 30 TDs though. I'm not saying stats matter. I'm just saying Brunell had the better team, but as far as being a talent goes, I think Blake is the most talented and productive... Which automatically put you in the conversation with this franchise. I won't crown him yet though

Quote:Brunell didn't throw 30 TDs though. I'm not saying stats matter. I'm just saying Brunell had the better team, but as far as being a talent goes, I think Blake is the most talented and productive... Which automatically put you in the conversation with this franchise. I won't crown him yet though
My lord the talent on those Jags teams was insane.

Quote:Blake Bortles is 23 years old.

I would normally say that is a young man's game so being 24 (for a few years experince) to 28 are the ideal years for most athletes but some positions take a toll (like RB) in which they decline faster than other roles (why you dont see a lot of RBs in 30s and almost never in 40s but with QB they seem to get better with age (Matt from Colts for example at least in experince & or decision making which is a big part of playing QB) but without a greta OLine they cant take the physical part of the game.

I would say QB best years are 24 to 32 on average.

I am bumping this for the offseason.