Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will become the best QB of this franchise

Quote:Our ceiling isn't that high, so its still possible.
It is easy to look like a good swimmer when the pool is shallow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Bortles, if he can return to a more 2015 version then there's hope, if he's 2016 version he's gone. 2017 will be make or break.

Quote:I like Bortles, if he can return to a more 2015 version then there's hope, if he's 2016 version he's gone. 2017 will be make or break.
I see Bortles working his butt off this summer to be even better than he was in 2015. He wants a big contract and to do that, he's going to need to be better than 2015.

Adams, Thomas, Garrett or Allen in round 1. Upgrading the Oline in FA to help with the run game. Getting Ingram or JPP. 

This team can easily compete for the division next year if they do those things with Blake getting his act together.

Quote:I see Bortles working his butt off this summer to be even better than he was in 2015. He wants a big contract and to do that, he's going to need to be better than 2015.

Adams, Thomas, Garrett or Allen in round 1. Upgrading the Oline in FA to help with the run game. Getting Ingram or JPP.

This team can easily compete for the division next year if they do those things with Blake getting his act together.

IF he can get his act together.

Tom will not base his first year on a If.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:IF he can get his act together.

Tom will not base his first year on a If.
Can you stop speaking for Tom

I know youre in his age group but that doesnt actually mean you know him

Quote:Can you stop speaking for Tom

No kidding.  Far too many people seem to think that Tom Coughlin is more "down deep in the weeds" about everything.  He's an executive and most likely most of the decisions regarding players is still being handled by the head coach and general manager.  That's what they get paid to do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017, 05:08 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:No kidding. Far too many people seem to think that Tom Coughlin is more "down deep in the weeds" about everything. He's an executive and most likely most of the decisions regarding players is still being handled by the head coach and general manager. That's what they get paid to do.
And all this "Tom isnt gonna take any [BLEEP] hes ruling with an the iron fist!!" Hes a 70 year old executive, dude is not a drill sergeant.

Quote:Can you stop speaking for Tom

I truly agree with you and for once I feel like you're making great points in this situation.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I truly agree with you and for once I feel like you're making great points in this situation.
thanks mane

Its the same archaic idea of coaching just moved over to the FO. Old guys that yell alot and make everybody do pushups at the drop of a dime is the way to success because it makes you gritty or something lol. People talk like tom is dropping the hammer on the whole franchise and its gonna be some hyper managed military academy football program where anybody who offers less than perfect is gone. Thats not how this works. Its an NFL team like any other. Whether we make the right decisions remains to be seen but theres no reason to treat it like its any different than any other team.

Yea yea whatever.

#Gojags

Quote:And all this "Tom isnt gonna take any [BAD WORD REMOVED] hes ruling with an the iron fist!!" Hes a 70 year old executive, dude is not a drill sergeant.

Some people just don't understand how the whole thing works.  I'll go out on a limb here and say this.  If you have a high level executive making decisions that lower level management/executives should be making, you get into micro-management.  That's never a good idea and never works.

I'll guarantee that the roster moves made so far probably had little if anything to do with Coughlin and were all probably made by Marrone and Caldwell.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Plus, the autocratic management style of TC's heyday is so far removed from 21st century leadership which preaches inclusion, morale, social dynamism etc. It's a multi voice system. Why would Khan just hand over the keys to his franchise to one guy, albeit a great football mind?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Plus, the autocratic management style of TC's heyday is so far removed from 21st century leadership which preaches inclusion, morale, social dynamism etc. It's a multi voice system. Why would Khan just hand over the keys to his franchise to one guy, albeit a great football mind?

Who got "fired"... Err resigned.

Exactly, er 'fired'. I almost added that.

Coughlin is running the show.  We haven't had a 500 season in forever.   Whats the problem?

#Gojags

Quote:Some people just don't understand how the whole thing works.  I'll go out on a limb here and say this.  If you have a high level executive making decisions that lower level management/executives should be making, you get into micro-management.  That's never a good idea and never works.

I'll guarantee that the roster moves made so far probably had little if anything to do with Coughlin and were all probably made by Marrone and Caldwell.

Or if the high-level executive has to make the decisions that the middle/lower levels should be making...then the people at middle/lower levels lack leadership and should be fired.

Quote:Or if the high-level executive has to make the decisions that the middle/lower levels should be making...then the people at middle/lower levels lack leadership and should be fired.
Agreed.   However all player decisions.  Coughlin has to sign off on. 

#Gojags

TTR loves his TC. We understand the hierarchy. But, knowing a 'supreme set of eyes' has to check your work routinely surely affects output; hopefully for the best.

If by best you mean WORST, then yea I agree.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:If by best you mean WORST, then yea I agree.

I don't know about "Worst", but he's going to need to define the "Best" part or his prediction.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.