Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will become the best QB of this franchise

3rd and 8 in the 1st quater at 10:23 my heart almost stopped, yes it was a good run but why is he diving in Preseason?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know its only Preseason but its good to see that Blake Bortles is #3 on Passing Yards in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

and the team is ranked 4th overall in the NFL in passing (What the Jaguars)?

Awesome Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 11:07 PM by DewtheMathis.)

The best stat (I think) is that after 3 weeks of preseason Bortles has a 93.8 (avg) QB Rating.

with no INTS!!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 11:18 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:and the team is ranked 4th overall in the NFL in passing (What the Jaguars)?

Awesome Go Jags!
Just came to post this. And we're 14th in total offense! Even in preseason that's unheard of for us! We are 26th defensively though....

We also had the most first downs in a game this week with 30. Which is ridiculous
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote: 

He did good on that one pass play... but for the love of all things football

will they please stop trying to make D-Rob a WR... he cant catch.. watching them throw to him on 4th down was gut wrenching...

i am so tired of seeing him drop passes.

I agree. Actually, by listing him on the official roster a RB/WR, I do believe they are willfully disobeying an order by the league to choose one position or the other when they wrote the Jaguars about not listing him as an OW.

'02

Quote:Agreed.  Probably most of the other team in the leagues could say the same about their starter.

Yeah, but we are burnt toast, while others might only be lightly toasted with a chance of surviving and getting buttered.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I agree. Actually, by listing him on the official roster a RB/WR, I do believe they are willfully disobeying an order by the league to choose one position or the other when they wrote the Jaguars about not listing him as an OW.

Well every time he drops a pass I still think of him as OWWWWWW. Does that count?

Quote:3rd and 8 in the 1st quater at 10:23 my heart almost stopped, yes it was a good run but why is he diving in Preseason?

You might want to keep that heart medicine handy this season, I suspect you are going to need it at some point.

Quote:3rd and 8 in the 1st quater at 10:23 my heart almost stopped, yes it was a good run but why is he diving in Preseason?
That's just who he is. Can't try to limit his game, he's going to play his way. He starts second guessing picking up a first now and he may do the same come real game time
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Go watch sounds of the game on jags.com. henne and bortles were talking about rashean mathis. Some other good clips in there.

Bortles has confidence in his game that we did not see consistency with last year. Yeah I get his mechanics and accuracy is a notch higher. I'm very impressed with how he is looking off defenders, selling play action (looking at you Mathis on the Hurns TD), pump faking, and selling jail breaks.

I think hus command of the offense is what is going to make him above average on third down, aka the money down.

Quote:Bortles has confidence in his game that we did not see consistency with last year. Yeah I get his mechanics and accuracy is a notch higher. I'm very impressed with how he is looking off defenders, selling play action (looking at you Mathis on the Hurns TD), pump faking, and selling jail breaks.

I think his command of the offense is what is going to make him above average on third down, aka the money down.
We already see that in his game. You can tell he has worked really hard this offseason on the physical aspect of the game along with the mental side.

The plan last year was for him to sit and learn on the bench, which clearly didn't happen, so he had to adapt on the fly. Year 2, things are as promising as they get for a young QB trying to be a leader on the team.

Count Jason LaCanfora among the Bortles converts...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jaso...hit-market

Quote: 

Count me among those buying in on <a class="" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1749727/blake-bortles'>Blake Bortles</a> this year. I don't think he's going to be able to carry that team as it still searches for talent or anything like that, but he's showing a renewed touch and feel for the game and his athleticism remains a vital strength. I expect new coordinator Greg Olson -- who did some pretty special stuff with <a class="" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1123282/josh-freeman'>Josh Freeman</a> not that long ago (looks like a miracle worker in hindsight -- to be a perfect fit and a huge aid to Bortles' development. The Jags had good stuff going on to the tight ends -- albeit against sagging coverage by the Lions -- over the weekend and that only stands to heighten when <a class="" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1755056/julius-thomas'>Julius Thomas</a> returns. There is legit optimism that will be for Week 1. Sure, it's the preseason, but the Jags' first-team offense scored on seven straight drives. If nothing else, the Jags have some rare confidence to take into September.

Count Peter King, too...

Quote: 

The headline: Blake Bortles looks ready for prime time. You may remember a play I wrote about when I visited Jaguars camp, wideout Tony Washington one-on-one against cornerback Davon House, and Bortles firing the ball before he’s out of his cut toward a skinny post, and Washington turning his head and the ball hitting him perfectly in the chest. Big gain. “That throw reminded me of a throw Aaron [Rodgers] would make,” said House, the former Packer. There was more of that on Friday night in Jacksonville. Bortles drove the Jags 92, 83 and 63 yards to scores against a 2014 playoff team, completing 20 of 29 throws and looking totally in command. His most impressive play, I thought, was a play-action, sprint-out 15-yard dart to tight end Nic Jacobs that encapsulates everything a quarterback with movement skills can do well.
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/30/defla...week-3-nfl

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He good.

Going to be gooder.

Let's not forget, he's still pretty raw. But this guy seems to have the mythical 'it'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Its pretty exciting to finally have a real man at QB. He needs more help though. Im hopeful but un-convinced Marquise Lee, Joeckel, Yeldon, Hurns work out. Im glad Caldwell atleast was going to try to get Cobb over the offseason. Hopefully this next offseason we can bring a true #1 outside receiver in to help take pressure off of Robinson. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:He good.

Going to be gooder.

Let's not forget, he's still pretty raw. But this guy seems to have the mythical 'it'.

Lol my Packers fan buddy tried telling me he doesn't "see it at all" Blake yesterday
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Lol my Packers fan buddy tried telling me he doesn't "see it at all" Blake yesterday

Maybe if you only watched a handful of games from last year. Looks like a different guy this camp/preseason.

;

;

Quote:Its pretty exciting to finally have a real man at QB. He needs more help though. Im hopeful but un-convinced Marquise Lee, Joeckel, Yeldon, Hurns work out. Im glad Caldwell atleast was going to try to get Cobb over the offseason. Hopefully this next offseason we can bring a true #1 outside receiver in to help take pressure off of Robinson. 
Hurns is gonna be great as long as we don't have to rely on him as a #1 target.

Robinson is our true #1. Why do we need to draft one?

If Hurns can mostly eliminate the drops, he'd make a darn fine #2 with Greene filling the slot role.

And that's IF Lee never stays healthy.

Quote:Hurns is gonna be great as long as we don't have to rely on him as a #1 target.

Robinson is our true #1. Why do we need to draft one?

If Hurns can mostly eliminate the drops, he'd make a darn fine #2 with Greene filling the slot role.

And that's IF Lee never stays healthy.

AR15 has had a bad stretch in the preseason after rave reviews in the camp.  Panicky people are panicking.  I think AR has the goods if healthy to be very important for our offense.