Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Health Care

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 04:27 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:I get that. She was speaking on her own behalf and not that of others. FYI...ACCESS to healthcare should be looked at as a right. Making you and I pay for it outside our individual requirements via government should not.

Why does the original post read as if someone's homework assignment is due by 11:59 Sunday?
Access isn't good enough. If it were more than half of the country wouldn't be complaining about healthcare. Everyone has access to healthcare. Is it affordable? Does it offer good coverage? Those are the major issues.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 04:14 PM by B2hibry.)

None of the systems mentioned is ideal due to different countries economic factors. Personally I believe preventative care needs to be a priority. I also believe big pharma needs to be reeled in. I'm also of the opinion that people will generally take care of themselves if incentivised. Does that come in the form of lower copay or monthly payment? Not sure. Lastly, you tend to take better care of items that your hard earned money pays for. A pay-out-of-pocket HSA may be a good direction for that. Not to mention your money stays put and earns interest if it is not used. Either way, take big pharma and government out of the mix as much as possible and get away from one size fits all approach.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Access isn't good enough. If it were more than half of the country wouldn't be complaining about healthcare. Everyone has access to healthcare. Is it affordable, does it offer good coverage are the major issues?

When does personal responsibility kick in? Why even with ACA are there so many not covered? This is where we see that big lie in the sky exposed: insured versus covered. Affordability comes with competition and that isn't happenening. But more importantly, pharma needs to be slapped down a notch or two. That is one of the largest costs most times.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Have you even been denied any treatment you needed, even before ACA?

Yes I have. I had to live without a certain medication for months at a time because of a change in my health insurance plan. Mom's employer repeatedly changed health insurance companies and every single time I was without that drug for a long time. It happened again after her retirement system plan changed, so now I am permanently off the drug.

Quote:Access isn't good enough. If it were more than half of the country wouldn't be complaining about healthcare. Everyone has access to healthcare. Is it affordable, does it offer good coverage are the major issues?

Do you know or understand the difference between "healthcare" and "health insurance"?  The two are not the same.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Based on what you've made public on this forum, you are influenced very little to none with or without ACA.

What I made public on the forum was being victimized by several loopholes in the ACA, not the ACA itself.

Quote:Do you know or understand the difference between "healthcare" and "health insurance"?  The two are not the same.

So why is it called the Affordable CARE Act?

Quote:Yes I have. I had to live without a certain medication for months at a time because of a change in my health insurance plan. Mom's employer repeatedly changed health insurance companies and every single time I was without that drug for a long time. It happened again after her retirement system plan changed, so now I am permanently off the drug.

Sucks to be dependent on someone else to be responsible for you, huh?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So why is it called the Affordable CARE Act?

Because politicians lie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Do you know or understand the difference between "healthcare" and "health insurance"?  The two are not the same.

Why don't you explain it to us. I'd like to hear your answer. 

Quote:Why don't you explain it to us. I'd like to hear your answer.

Health care = services provided by a health care worker to relieve injury or disease

Health insurance = a method of financing the cost of health care

Quote:Sucks to be dependent on someone else to be responsible for you, huh?

What are her alternatives? Maybe you can point to a link where she can buy affordable healthcare insurance that will cover her drugs. 

Off topic: Are you always such an [BLEEP] hole? I'm sure you blame her for having whatever condition she has that requires her to take the drugs. 

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 05:44 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Health care = services provided by a health care worker to relieve injury or disease

Health insurance = a method of financing the cost of health care

Based on your definition, unless you have the means to finance the total cost of an injury or disease you cannot get health care without health insurance. So arguing over your semantics is quite literally an absolute waste of time. 

Quote:What are her alternatives? Maybe you can point to a link where she can buy affordable healthcare insurance that will cover her drugs.

Off topic: Are you always such an [BAD WORD REMOVED] hole? I'm sure you blame her for having whatever condition she has that requires her to take the drugs.

To that troll, yes, always.

As for alternatives, there aren't any because the market is hampered.

Quote:To that troll, yes, always.

As for alternatives, there aren't any because the market is hampered.

Hampered by what?

How much does it cost for a normal person to visit their doctor?

Quote:Hampered by what?

Regulation and barriers to entry, primarily.

Quote:How much does it cost for a normal person to visit their doctor?

Depends on what the visit is for, a physical is about $200.00.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 06:16 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:How much does it cost for a normal person to visit their doctor?

Define "normal".

What are they visiting for?

Quote:Regulation and barriers to entry, primarily.

Which regulations and which barriers to entry? Can you provide examples?