Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler Jr to Linebacker?

Quote:I think at this point it's safe to say they should have taken Vic Beasley, who just got 15.5 sacks on what is supposedly the same defense.

Care to take a wild guess on what position Beasley is currently listed at?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's 2017 and people still believe crazy stuff like this...

It's not crazy. He packed on 25 pounds prior to showing up to the combine and had the fastest first step and speed in the 10 yard shuttle at his position and managed a 4.60 40 despite the weight gain.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Fowler gonna cause havoc this year

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 06:05 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Care to take a wild guess on what position Beasley is currently listed at?
Who cares what he is listed at? He still plays with his hand in the dirt the majority of the time. If that's what people mean by move Fowler to SAM then ok..."move him to SAM"

I believe every sack of Beasley's except for the two spy plays his hand is in the dirt. Ugh don't know why the straight YT link won't copy but here's the tweet link for it.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...5136377856

Quote:It's not crazy. He packed on 25 pounds prior to showing up to the combine and had the fastest first step and speed in the 10 yard shuttle at his position and managed a 4.60 40 despite the weight gain.
Sorry, but 10 yard split doesn't mean best first step. The jumps show explosion/first step...and Fowler was bad at them. 40 yard dash means absolutely nothing for a DE. His short shuttle is the only drill that kind of matters for his position that he did good in, but even that is significantly less important than the 3 cone and jumps. 

Take a peek of that Beasley video above. If Fowler was truly even close to athletic as you say he would have at least a couple speed rushes like that, even if he didn't get home he would have flashed the ability...but he doesn't. 

Quote:Who cares what he is listed at? He still plays with his hand in the dirt the majority of the time. If that's what people mean by move Fowler to SAM then ok..."move him to SAM"

I believe every sack of Beasley's except for the two spy plays his hand is in the dirt.

So why did the Falcons move him?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 06:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Sorry, but 10 yard split doesn't mean best first step. The jumps show explosion/first step...and Fowler was bad at them. 40 yard dash means absolutely nothing for a DE. His short shuttle is the only drill that kind of matters for his position that he did good in, but even that is significantly less important than the 3 cone and jumps. 

Take a peek of that Beasley video above. If Fowler was truly even close to athletic as you say he would have at least a couple speed rushes like that, even if he didn't get home he would have flashed the ability...but he doesn't. 
https://youtu.be/EdrKwmwwCHo

read the first comment

Quote:https://youtu.be/EdrKwmwwCHo

read the first comment
Keep believing in the immeasurable mentor voodoo if that's what makes you happy. I'll believe in the measurables, which Beasley has always had in spades. 

Quote:Sorry, but 10 yard split doesn't mean best first step. The jumps show explosion/first step...and Fowler was bad at them. 40 yard dash means absolutely nothing for a DE. His short shuttle is the only drill that kind of matters for his position that he did good in, but even that is significantly less important than the 3 cone and jumps. 

From an athletic stand point. That would indicate burst and explosiveness off the giddy up. I'm not saying he's the best defensive end that came out of his class. People wanted to know what the scouts saw and why he was highly touted.

They saw a freak athlete pack on 25 pounds and come in at 261 on the scale. He had the fastest time in the 10 yard shuttle and one of the fastest 40s in the combine. He was also highly decorated coming out of Florida and he had all but one game where he didn't register at least one or multiple TFLS.

Beasley is a great athlete with a better skill set coming out of Clemson. He was highly coached by the same man we now have. I just think it's obnoxious that folks already want to write off this kid after he missed an entire year of football and was limited in the strength gaining programs because of the rehabilitation needed for the ACL.

We will see what happens in 2017. But, hate him or love him. For his size he does have rare measurables. Just needs someone to get in his ear and get him up to speed on his technique. Again, probably why Hobby was brought here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:From an athletic stand point. That would indicate burst and explosiveness off the giddy up. I'm not saying he's the best defensive end that came out of his class. People wanted to know what the scouts saw and why he was highly touted.

They saw a freak athlete pack on 25 pounds and come in at 261 on the scale. He had the fastest time in the 10 yard shuttle and one of the fastest 40s in the combine. He was also highly decorated coming out of Florida and he had all but one game where he didn't register at least one or multiple TFLS.

Beasley is a great athlete with a better skill set coming out of Clemson. He was highly coached by the same man we now have. I just think it's obnoxious that folks already want to write off this kid after he missed an entire year of football and was limited in the strength gaining programs because of the rehabilitation needed for the ACL.

We will see what happens in 2017. But, hate him or love him. For his size he does have rare measurables. Just needs someone to get in his ear and get him up to speed on his technique. Again, probably why Hobby was brought here.

Nah, Fowler is below average and Beasley is teh dreamy!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 06:49 PM by SuperJville.)

Tell me how you can have a great first 10 yard time without a good first step or explosion. But yes i agree Beasley is a much better athlete.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I have a friend who is a Falcon fan and he told me Beasley played LEO his rookie year and then they moved him to strong side linebacker in base formation and LEO in nickel. He flourished his 2nd year because they played to his strengths and moved him around a lot. I think the same can be done to Dante Fowler. He is best when his hands aren't in the dirt and he is standing up. I know we have Jack but I think he is the future at MLB. Dante would be great as a SAM and rushing the passer on some plays. 

Quote:Care to take a wild guess on what position Beasley is currently listed at?
That wouldn't be LB would it?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Are we even sticking with this Gus Bradley defense of Otto, leo, ect ect?

It feels like we do opposite of the Patriots. They change their scheme to fit the players they have. We pick a scheme and try to force players to change to fit it and just misuse them. 

Cyp finally had a decent year because he got to the play the position in a way that played to his strength. I wonder how many other players are in the same boat. Even Ramsey said he was not being used correctly. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:That wouldn't be LB would it?

Correct.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 11:43 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Are we even sticking with this Gus Bradley defense of Otto, leo, ect ect?

It feels like we do opposite of the Patriots. They change their scheme to fit the players they have. We pick a scheme and try to force players to change to fit it and just misuse them. 

Cyp finally had a decent year because he got to the play the position in a way that played to his strength. I wonder how many other players are in the same boat. Even Ramsey said he was not being used correctly. 
What scheme should we play with the players currently on the roster?

Why?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Correct.
Except that in that video I linked that broke down every single sack from last year he was playing DE in all of them except for the two designated QB spy plays. 

Just cause they said he switched to LB doesn't mean he actually did. He was DE far more than LB.

Quote:Are we even sticking with this Gus Bradley defense of Otto, leo, ect ect?

I have no idea why you guys think Otto and LEO are positions created on Mars. Its not far off from a SAM and and regular speed rushing defensive end. We have a problem finding those players because we suck at drafting, not because it's difficult to find players for those positions.

also you or somebody break down every schematic change the patriots have made to fit players with examples and gifs please.

I remember being at the draft party when Fowler got drafted, I hated the pick!! It was soo much talent on the board we could have gotten.. Amari Cooper,Todd Gurley,Vic Beasley,Leonard Williams,but we end up with the kid from Florida smh... I think days before he was drafted I started the Derrick Harvey 2.0 thread.. I got blasted for it ... But once again it looks like I was right!! Oh yeah shortly after the draft party I got banned also for allegedly making threats... I guess meeting me somewhere in the stadium to talk football was over board.. Either way it was a horrible pick by Caldwell!!