Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler Jr to Linebacker?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 10:35 AM by continuous.)

Quote:I remember being at the draft party when Fowler got drafted, I hated the pick!! It was soo much talent on the board we could have gotten.. Amari Cooper,Todd Gurley,Vic Beasley,Leonard Williams,but we end up with the kid from Florida smh... I think days before he was drafted I started the Derrick Harvey 2.0 thread.. I got blasted for it ... But once again it looks like I was right!! Oh yeah shortly after the draft party I got banned also for allegedly making threats... I guess meeting me somewhere in the stadium to talk football was over board.. Either way it was a horrible pick by Caldwell!!
Harvey was better against the run.

He has to show something this year, or he joins the bust club.. Too soon

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Harvey was better against the run.

He has to show something this year, or he joins the bust club.. Too soon

Yeah.... Let's hope soo... I think he can be better playing LB, and utilizing him in blitz packages..

Quote:Except that in that video I linked that broke down every single sack from last year he was playing DE in all of them except for the two designated QB spy plays. 

Just cause they said he switched to LB doesn't mean he actually did. He was DE far more than LB.
I posted this in another thread:

"In my opinion, the whole scheme thing is pretty overrated. The nickel/dime defense is used just over half the time.  Most teams use a variety of base packages depending on the defensive gameplan and situational down and distance.  Watch the Patriots and try to figure out what their base defense is, as they will rush between 3-5 on the DL what seems to be at random. I think any team that uses one single base package is asking to be abused by the other teams offense."

I'd be interested to see how many of those sacks were in a nickel base.  I also think a lot of the SAM scheme in the Falcon's D were based on reads up front, in the sense that whether a TE or a RB option was not on Beasley's side he would line up with his hand in the dirt.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 04:55 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:I'd be interested to see how many of those sacks were in a nickel base.  I also think a lot of the SAM scheme in the Falcon's D were based on reads up front, in the sense that whether a TE or a RB option was not on Beasley's side he would line up with his hand in the dirt.
The NFL average for nickle was 65%, and the Falcons ran it 70%...so I'd say a lot of them. The very first play of the video (along with several other ones) he has his hand in the dirt with a TE on the strong side with him. 

And yes of course the verbiage is overrated you are right, people are just desperate to try to make an excuse for Dave blowing it with Fowler over Beasley and the Falcons moving Beasley to LB because he wasn't good enough at DE is a straw they can grasp at...as wrong as it may be. 

Quote:The NFL average for nickle was 65%, and the Falcons ran it 70%...so I'd say a lot of them. The very first play of the video (along with several other ones) he has his hand in the dirt with a TE on the strong side with him.

And yes of course the verbiage is overrated you are right, people are just desperate to try to make an excuse for Dave blowing it with Fowler over Beasley and the Falcons moving Beasley to LB because he wasn't good enough at DE is a straw they can grasp at...as wrong as it may be.

Was it really a miss? PFF seems to think Beasley's season was extremely overrated.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah.... Let's hope soo... I think he can be better playing LB, and utilizing him in blitz packages..
Absolutely..Get his hand out the dirt and let him play like he did for the Gators. I dont care what his roster position says he is. Haha

Quote:Was it really a miss? PFF seems to think Beasley's season was extremely overrated.
Beasley had a fine season, but he's not really a threat to take over games and he definitely isn't a closer. All of his sacks, besides 2.5, came in the 1st half of games.

He only had 2.5 sacks come in the 2nd half and that was in week 5 and week 7. 1 in the 3rd quarter (7:53 left in the 3rd) against Denver and .5 (shared with Freeney) in the 4th quarter (12:34 left in the 4th) against Denver. He also had 1 sack against the Chargers in the 4th quarter (8:48 left).

He also completely disappeared in the 3 most important games of the season. I think he only had 2 total tackles in the entire playoffs/super bowl and he was completely invisible in that super bowl. I honestly don't even really remember seeing him at all on the field. He didn't do anything.

I know sack numbers only tell half the story, but he couldn't take over games down the stretch, when you want your pass rushers to really take over a game. It also wasn't because of being behind in games and having lack of opportunities to rush the passer. Considering that was the most explosive Offense in the NFL last year and they averaged 34 points a game. He had more than plenty of pass rushing opportunities.

Sam - Fowler

Mike - Jack

Will - Smith

What should the team do with Poz? He may not be willing to accept a lesser role...