Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson's Playcalling

How would you grade it so far?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How would you grade it so far?

It's been good. Of course things always seem good when they're working. Just need to stop the drops and the phantom holds that the refs been calling.

We should ask Sam.. He's the most important guy in the room at all times. He should know..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I cannot call every play so yes its good

Great mix, attacks their weaknesses, and used good personnel combos.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He's doing pretty solid. I think we'll open up with more creative plays for the regular season. We're playing on a script right now and base plays.

I like it alot. He doesn't have the players on the outside to really attack. He's doing the best he can with what he has

Better than watching Jedd fisch gimmick college offense.

Its been working so I like it. Lots of different formations and motion. Seems to fit Bortles pretty well. If the OL can continue making progress he'll look genius.

No pain, no gain.

It's not mind blowing, but it's a definite upgrade over dead fisch.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Massive upgrade in running game imo

Last year we hardly ever ran power O

A-

'02

Methodical yet efficient. Night and day compared to last year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Reminds me of 2007 with much less juice at RB.

Use Gerhart the way you should use him. Screens and short yardage situation.I like it much better than Fish

I like the quick hitter plays to Gerhart. No pitching and stretching sideways trying to get the edge with him. Run him behind Alualu and get tough yards. I'd like to see what Yeldon can do since we can halfway block people now.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:How would you grade it so far?
Its preseason no game planning, no way to rate it, they are trying to see what works and what doesnt 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Methodical yet efficient. Night and day compared to last year.

Yep, the best thing I can say about Olson's offense is that it really fits with our personnel.

Quote:Yep, the best thing I can say about Olson's offense is that it really fits with our personnel.

Caldwell deserves credit here for finding talent that fits Olson's scheme.

'02

Running game is making significant improvements and we don't even have our starter in yet.  Having said that, I expect Yeldon, DRob and even the great white hype to produce this year.  Add that to a passing game that seems to be much more in sync and confident, we should see big improvement on offense.