Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The one thing the Jags must do to help Bortles succeed!

RUN THE BALL!!!!!

Bortles record is horrendous (1-11) when he throws for over 300 yards.  The team has got to play to his strengths.  He is not that field commander who can read a defense before the snap or kill you from the pocket.  He is an athletic QB who is tough and has an above average arm.  People say the line was horrendous but not really.  Under Hackett the team ran an average of 125 yards a game.which is top 5 during the 2016 NFL season. 

The jag needs a feature back. Ivory is fumble prone while TJ yeldon is injury prone and unreliable.  If they really want to help Borltes they got to get a good tailback behind him.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Really they should of put him on ir when he injured his shoulder and he could of had many more months to try and get his throwing motion muscle memory changed it takes alot of time.

No Fun

Quote:RUN THE BALL!!!!!

Bortles record is horrendous (1-11) when he throws for over 300 yards. The team has got to play to his strengths. He is not that field commander who can read a defense before the snap or kill you from the pocket. He is an athletic QB who is tough and has an above average arm. People say the line was horrendous but not really. Under Hackett the team ran an average of 125 yards a game.which is top 5 during the 2016 NFL season.

The jag needs a feature back. Ivory is fumble prone while TJ yeldon is injury prone and unreliable. If they really want to help Borltes they got to get a good tailback behind him.

Me still want cook (in cookie monster voice)
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Bortles is like the weirdest QB I've ever watched. He has flashed so much talent at times, but a lot of the time he looks like he barely belongs on an NFL field. This is it for him. Make or break season. He will either make $100 million or wash out of the league quickly based on which version of him shows up this year. Hope he's ready.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Bortles record is horrendous

Yes. Which is why trying to read too much into how it changes under certain circumstances is tricky, especially when you choose a situation that's bad for most quarterbacks anyway.

Get him real competition.

#Gojags

I am fine with this approach. I'd be perfectly fine if they decided to go out once free agency starts and sign Lang and/or Zeitler to beef up the interior and then bring along Whitworth or Clady to hold it down at left tackle.

If they want to pick-up an offensive lineman like Lamp or Bolles on day two in round two or maybe Moton or Dawkins in round three that's fine with me as well. 

I would be happy with Cook at No. 4 in April or Fournette. Either player should bolster the backfield and be a game changer on our offense. Having a Cook or Fournette / Ivory / Yeldon backfield is very enticing for the next two years. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

An elite qb doesnt need a great running game to get the job done.

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:An elite qb doesnt need a great running game to get the job done.

Bortles isn't elite. At least not yet. And there's maybe two or three quarterbacks today that can play at an elite level without a consistent running game. But you could make the argument that even Brady had a lot of help throughout the year with Blount leading the way in rushing TDs.

And you could make an argument that Rodgers was in desperate need of a legitimate running game after they were down to a receiver carrying the football. They weren't able to keep Atlanta on their toes in that title game at all. 

As far as bringing competition in for Bortles to take his job from him? There's really no big name players or prospects that look to be capable of doing that this year. Maybe Foles? Romo? But it's doubtful either of those guys comes here. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 09:46 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Bortles isn't elite. At least not yet. And there's maybe two or three quarterbacks today that can play at an elite level without a consistent running game. But you could make the argument that even Brady had a lot of help throughout the year with Blount leading the way in rushing TDs.

And you could make an argument that Rodgers was in desperate need of a legitimate running game after they were down to a receiver carrying the football. They weren't able to keep Atlanta on their toes in that title game at all.

As far as bringing competition in for Bortles to take his job from him? There's really no big name players or prospects that look to be capable of doing that this year. Maybe Foles? Romo? But it's doubtful either of those guys comes here.

As I stated in another thread. If Tom feels Romo can still play at a high level. Romo will be here.

If not. He will in houston or elsewhere. We have more money.

No one knows more about Romo than tom who faced him many years with the Giants.

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 09:56 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

If that ends up the case. Would be no reason to dump Blake either.

Many on this board have said. It does a young qb good to learn on the bench. Watching a seasoned vet.

I have stated it wouldnt matter. But at this point. If Romo still can play at a high level.

I would have no problem having blake learn from romo. And see if his game can elevate.

Cause the reality. If we were to trade for Romo. He wouldnt be coming here to be the back up.

And anyone who says blake is better then a healthy romo. Needs to get eyes checked.

#Gojags

Quote:If that ends up the case. Would be no reason to dump Blake either.

Many on this board have said. It does a young qb good to learn on the bench. Watching a seasoned vet.

I have stated it wouldnt matter. But at this point. If Romo still can play at a high level.

I would have no problem having blake learn from romo. And see if his game can elevate.

Yeah but from the political aspect of the NFL do you think that [BLEEP] will fly? You stuck it out with Blake the last three years and now you're going to renew his contract for a few more years while Romo tries to keep himself together physically at the age of 37 and going forward?

That doesn't work. You can't go back on Blake now after you've stuck it out this long. So if they do bring in Romo it's for him to have the job and Blake will be out after 2017.

And, again, Coughlin can think whatever he thinks of Romo. Ultimately he gets to decide where he signs out of whoever reaches out to him. Jacksonville doesn't look nowhere near ready to compete for a title anytime soon. Not that it's impossible. But you'd have to think the stinkin' tinhorns in houston or the broncos out west and even zona out west with Arians have a better chance at enticing him to come and play for them than we do. 

Quote:If that ends up the case. Would be no reason to dump Blake either.

Cause the reality. If we were to trade for Romo. He wouldnt be coming here to be the back up.

And anyone who says blake is better then a healthy romo. Needs to get eyes checked.

Someone please explain to me how these are even remotely 'sentences'.

If that ends up the case.

And anyone who says blake is better then a healthy romo.

But at this point.

Cause the reality. 

Needs to get eyes checked.

And see if his game can elevate.

If we were to trade for Romo.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He has to be doing these things on purpose...Right?

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 10:32 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Lets take a few factors into the equasion. Romo is an accurate qb for the most part.

And he has not had three dynamic receivers to throw to in forever.

Robinson, Lee, and, hurns. Would be dangerous with a accurate qb.

And hardly any nfl team could cover all three. Throw in Benn.

Who was really good in Tampa. And that is a great receiving core.

Unlike Blake, Romo is a pocket qb.

So no fancy running and wasting time.

Also has a running game. Which I know ivory and yeldon get a lot of slack.

But with romo teams would not stack the box as much. So would provide them some running room.

Now. Add in fact we are basically going to spend alot of free agency grabbing oline. Plus the draft.

It could be to set up Romo for a chance to succeed without injury.

Now many will disagree and say doing it for Blake. I dont think so.

Nothing I have heard. Makes me remotely think Blake will be the starter.

And yes, I personally would take the chance. And let him learn at this point.

Because. He never had the oppurtunity and was basically thrown in. And the Nfl is a worlds difference from UCF.

I think with learning from the right guy. He could be a very good starter.

But right now doesnt look ready. Not even close. He not poise. He scrambles at any sign of pressure.

He cant stay in the pocket and he is not accurate. Not even close.

Be it, footwork or mechanics. The Jaguars need to win now.

This team has to right the ship now. Not many will want to sit and wait on another rebuild.

That will be like, we are the cubs.

It has been 9 years since a winning season. Almost a decade.

And blake has regressed big time. And to say well...

He will remain the starter with no competition. Would tarnish Toms legacy.

And that wont happen.

So yes someone be it Romo or some other vet via FA or trade. Will happen.

#Gojags

Wallbash

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 10:39 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Someone please explain to me how these are even remotely 'sentences'.

If that ends up the case.

And anyone who says blake is better then a healthy romo.

But at this point.

Cause the reality.

Needs to get eyes checked.

And see if his game can elevate.

If we were to trade for Romo.
If you spent half the time. You do. On my Kaligraphy.

You might learn TTR is highly edumacated and knows his jaguars stuff.

But no. Its killing my eyez. Cause I only care about proper stuff. Then go to your libby party. I dont care for politics.

Only Jaguars stuff. I dont care to fit in. Nor to write proper. And my utensils i use as I please.

#Gojags

I think that you. Are just channeling. Your inner. William Shatner.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:I think that you. Are just channeling. Your inner. William Shatner.
No. I just dont care what people think. I am on a cell most of the time. I dont care to use typing help programs.

I type how i do. Many can read it. Just chose not too. Cause does not fit what accustomed to or their own agenda.

#Gojags

Quote:Lets take a few factors into the equasion. Romo is an accurate qb for the most part.

And he has not had three dynamic receivers to throw to in forever.

Robinson, Lee, and, hurns. Would be dangerous with a accurate qb.

And hardly any nfl team could cover all three. Throw in Benn.

Who was really good in Tampa. And that is a great receiving core.

Unlike Blake, Romo is a pocket qb.

So no fancy running and wasting time.

Also has a running game. Which I know ivory and yeldon get a lot of slack.

But with romo teams would not stack the box as much. So would provide them some running room.

Now. Add in fact we are basically going to spend alot of free agency grabbing oline. Plus the draft.

It could be to set up Romo for a chance to succeed without injury.

Now many will disagree and say doing it for Blake. I dont think so.

Nothing I have heard. Makes me remotely think Blake will be the starter.

And yes, I personally would take the chance. And let him learn at this point.

Because. He never had the oppurtunity and was basically thrown in. And the Nfl is a worlds difference from UCF.

I think with learning from the right guy. He could be a very good starter.

But right now doesnt look ready. Not even close. He not poise. He scrambles at any sign of pressure.

He cant stay in the pocket and he is not accurate. Not even close.

Be it, footwork or mechanics. The Jaguars need to win now.

This team has to right the ship now. Not many will want to sit and wait on another rebuild.

That will be like, we are the cubs.

It has been 9 years since a winning season. Almost a decade.

And blake has regressed big time. And to say well...

He will remain the starter with no competition. Would tarnish Toms legacy.

And that wont happen.

So yes someone be it Romo or some other vet via FA or trade. Will happen.

TL;DR.  :no: