Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The one thing the Jags must do to help Bortles succeed!

Quote:Do he sucked as much as Blake?? Come on mann, you watched Blake last year,it wasn't a pleasant sight. It's one thing to see him miss throws on Tv, mainly because you can always just change the channel.. But to be at the games, and see him miss those throws BAD in person, is just a horrible experience. Blake sucks !! And I wouldn't be oppose to bringing in Romo,and or drafting a prospect with the hopes of beating Blake out, or making him step his game Because Chad Henne damn sure ain't gonna do it..

You're right blake stinks and there's no use of debating it with you or the other haters on here. I apologize for the inconvenience my friend and I will leave future jacksonville Jaguars related Personnel decisions to you.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:An elite qb doesnt need a great running game to get the job done.

He's not elite, and there are very few elite QBs in the league.  So if you're banking your hopes for success on finding an elite QB, you could be waiting forever.  We have to build with what we have.  

Besides, even elite QBs do better when they have a running game, so it's not like we'd be wasting resources building a running game.  

Quote:This thread assumes he as the potential to succeed.  So the real question is does he even have the ability/potential to succeed?  Some people just don't pan out.

Then we're building a running game for the next QB.   Nothing wrong with that. 

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 10:30 AM by continuous.)

I still think he will be our guy for a long time... When he is on the run, the ball comes out accurate with velocity. Sure he can improve his in the pocket mechanics but for now we should play to his strengths and let him rollout and create. Last season he threw on the run, i think it was to Lee, and we rewinded and watched in slow motion. When the ball left his hand, both of his feet were off the ground lol and it was the prettiest spiral i seen. It was dead on pass Lee caught in stride too

Quote:You're right blake stinks and there's no use of debating it with you or the other haters on here. I apologize for the inconvenience my friend and I will leave future jacksonville Jaguars related Personnel decisions to you.

Let's just see if he really stinked because of all the reasons he stated... I hope he proves me wrong and become better..

Give him and the RBs a NFL caliber Oline?  That might help.

I think a game plan tied to his strengths and improved running game will help him tremendously.

Obviously he looked much better with Hackett calling plays towards the end of the season. I honestly can't wait to see how he looks this season

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 04:16 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:TTR my man.

Technically, yes, we can read your post. But they're extremely difficult to decipher without reading over multiple times, which is annoying to many posters and to be honest, in turn it's usually not worth the effort.

It has nothing to do with anyone's agenda whatever that means.

There is a reason anytime you get involved in a thread it eventually turns into a critique on your grammar. It's not just because a few people with some weird agenda are against you for some unknown reason. It's because your writing style is purposefully ridiculous. You know it, we all know it.
Okay, that makes sense. Will work on it. But much better... than years ago.

But is it hard to read based on structure? Grammer? Punctuation? A mixture?

Can ya provide examples? So can see where going wrong?

Not necc you.

Anyone can. Cause will make it on everyone easier to read?

Nah thats too easy. Than have nothing to cry about. Ha ha
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:He's not elite, and there are very few elite QBs in the league. So if you're banking your hopes for success on finding an elite QB, you could be waiting forever. We have to build with what we have.

Besides, even elite QBs do better when they have a running game, so it's not like we'd be wasting resources building a running game.

Agreed, on building running game point.

#Gojags

Quote:Okay, that makes sense. Will work on it. But much better... than years ago.

Not necc you.

Yes I can. A basic sentence consist of a subject and a verb. About half your sentences in the quote don't have a subject.

Ex. Going Running vs. I'm going running.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 07:59 PM by cland.)

Quote:Okay, that makes sense. Will work on it. But much better... than years ago.

Not necc you.

Hello, just trying to be helpful.  Here's is how I would word it:

Okay, that makes sense.  I will work on it, but this is much better than it used to be.  What do you think I should improve: Strucure, grammer, punctuation, or maybe a mixture?

Can you provide examples, so I can see where I can improve?  Can anyone provide examples, or is that too easy? Then nobody will have something to cry about! Smile

BTW: You might try SwiftKey takes a minute to get used to but you can type much faster once you get used to it.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 01:11 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Yea. I fixed my cell keyboard. So buttons are much bigger. So it is easier to type with.

#Gojags

I am sure, it will take awile, For me to figure this all out.

#Gojags

Quote:I am sure, it will take awile, For me to figure this all out.

I have a serious question, no offense intended.   Is English your second language? 

Can we discuss his inability to write complete sentences on another message board forum instead of hijacking this one? I would truly appreciate it if we can get back to the topic on hand please because it would mean a lot to me if that was the case. Thanks

For starters, lets hope that Blakes issues are a thing of the past and we'll see better performance this season. What I was wanting to point out here though is this; a good offense starts with a good offensive line. If this is overlooked, it's like trying to repair a cracked foundation by putting on new siding. It looks better at first, but the core problem is still there!

Our priorities (imho) should be:

#1. our offensive line

#2. our quarterback (get him some competition)

#3. a decent running back.

In the modern game, you don't have to have to get an elite running back... just a fairly good one. On the other hand, an elite running back (we had one in MJD, remember), nor an elite quarterback (rare as diamonds in the front yard), will save you if you have a lack luster offensive line. Back when we used to have a really good offense, it wasn't because Brunell was 'awesome' (it did help to have Fred, Jimmy, and Kenan), but because we had a really good offensive line. Better than any we've had since those days.

We've had success in the past; we need to repeat what made us successful before. Of course, elite offensive linemen don't grow on trees either, but there it is.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 11:17 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:I have a serious question, no offense intended. Is English your second language?
Kinda. Grew up in projects. And never needed it on forums.

Plus, dont need it to clean or fix computers.

Nor on radio. That is quick on thinking and cue cards.

I have interns to write stuff.

#Gojags

Quote:Can we discuss his inability to write complete sentences on another message board forum instead of hijacking this one? I would truly appreciate it if we can get back to the topic on hand please because it would mean a lot to me if that was the case. Thanks

You missed punctuation on "Thanks" leopold. :yucky:

Quote:You missed punctuation on "Thanks" leopold. :yucky:

I do not care and my point was to ask everyone to talk about the topic on hand.