Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: If you disagree with a personnel move, who do you blame?
Dave Caldwell
Tom Coughlin
Blank #2
Tom AND Dave
Whichever suits my agenda/prior stance
[Show Results]

The Front Office Guessing Game

It's already becoming clear in the Beachum threads that fans are at a complete loss when it comes to exactly how personnel decisions are being made. 

And for good reason - as we were only given little crumbs of insight on the situation from the press conference a while back. 

• We know Coughlin is the boss and has the final call when it all boils down to it.
  • We know Dave is essentially doing what he did before but has a boss in the building now.
  • We know (from Khan's comments) that their model is to make decisions "together" and re-assess when and if there is a disagreement
  • We know Marrone is also involved in discussions based on comments from Dave and Khan. 
However - none of this is stopping folks from trying to find a way to assign blame or credit to one front office member or the other.  (Which I find pretty funny, BTW) 

Personally, I'm trying to keep the perspective of viewing TC/DC as a team and will try to refer to them both as "the F.O." as I believe trying to assign blame or credit to one or the other w/o insight is pointless. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it's your fault.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I think it's your fault.

I know at least one woman who would likely agree with you. 

Quote:I think it's your fault.

No substance still man?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:No substance still man?
It's called comedy, TTR. Lighten up.

Quote:It's called comedy, TTR. Lighten up.

I was being comical. I always am. Ya havent figured that out yet?

That was inside joke with rico.

#Gojags

Quote:I know at least one woman all women who would likely agree with you. 

FTFY.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Dave and Tom. But, probably still Gus.  ^_^

I like the agenda answer.

All my blame and praise for the off the field stuff will go to Tom. He's been brought in as the saviour.

This keeps reminding me of the first year Khan bought the team. Feels like we're in a give it one more year mode and then blow it up letting coughlin do his thing. I hope not but that's what it feels like.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think we keep blaming Gus and Gus Only over the next few years.

Quote:I think we keep blaming Gus and Gus Only over the next few years.
The Jean Smiff blame era has officially ended and the Blame Gus Bus has boarded. 

Quote:Dave and Tom. But, probably still Gus.  ^_^

This must be one of those "best answer" quizzes.

If what you want to pick isn't there, you pick the closest one(s).

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The Jean Smiff blame era has officially ended and the Blame Gus Bus has boarded. 

If Marrone's 2 game try out is any indication it won't be long before the Gus Funk is purged entirely.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 02:03 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:If Marrone's 2 game try out is any indication it won't be long before the Gus Funk is purged entirely.

Not sure.

One side of the coin could point to the first game alone and be ecstatic.  The other side would point to the opposite with the second game.

I'm somewhere in the middle... I'm not sure what 50/50 told us at all about his fit here.  I like what he did in Buffalo, and I like his experience vs what some teams have done in bringing in first time head coaches... but what he's done here is mostly unwritten.  I tend not to worry as much about coaching as I do talent, though.  I still don't think we're where we need to be there, or at least haven't yet found the right role for some (if we could only do for Jack what we've done with Telvin, or do what needs to be done to get the most out of Fowler.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I chose what FBT and Jaguars Woman as well as TMD used to do.

So the only real answer is what ever suits my agenda Alex for 400.

#Gojags

Quote:Not sure.

One side of the coin could point to the first game alone and be ecstatic.  The other side would point to the opposite with the second game.

I'm somewhere in the middle... I'm not sure what 50/50 told us at all about his fit here.  I like what he did in Buffalo, and I like his experience vs what some teams have done in bringing in first time head coaches... but what he's done here is mostly unwritten.  I tend not to worry as much about coaching as I do talent, though.  I still don't think we're where we need to be there, or at least haven't yet found the right role for some (if we could only do for Jack what we've done with Telvin, or do what needs to be done to get the most out of Fowler.)

Even in the loss the team actually looked like a professional football team instead of the Keystone Kops. The change was palpable.

Quote:This keeps reminding me of the first year Khan bought the team. Feels like we're in a give it one more year mode and then blow it up letting coughlin do his thing. I hope not but that's what it feels like.

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure Coughlin said it wouldn't take long to turn this team around.

Not sure what that means though.  He won the superbowl in his 4th year on Giants.  He took over what was a 4-12 team, but that team actually had winning records and went to a super bowl in the past decade.

I blame Obama
No commercial messages in sigs