Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Football Gameplan's 2015 NFL Team Preview: Jaguars

http://footballgameplan.com/football-gam...e-jaguars/

Good evening Jags fans! Here's my season preview for you guys.  Good luck this year!

Em

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015, 06:18 PM by Jagwired.)

Pretty good Em, except Storm Johnson number 2? Not a chance.

edit: Gerhart going to surprise some folks this year.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I'll be surprised if Storm is #2. I think you're looking at Denard and Yeldon splitting carries. I can't see Gerhart staying onboard if Yeldon produces like he should

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015, 08:07 PM by jagshype.)

I think one of the graphics towards the end said colts instead of Jaguars.

But a great job nonetheless

8:18 mark, special teams graphic

It said colts special teams . I saw that .

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015, 11:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I dont see the offense being better than the defense, I dont see us being last in the division as I think we will end up with a better record than Titans and the Texans have no QB, no Andre Johnson, and Foster is hurt.  No way is Storm 2nd RB on the depth chart, he would be lucky to make the team.  And Gratz will be 4th on the CB depth chart. Other than that not bad

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM by ATLjag.)

Storm is fighting to hold onto the 4th or 5th spot on the RB depth chart. The backup or platoon with Yeldon appears to be Denard Robinson, with Gerhart also getting some carries.  On the OLine, the jury is still out for Joeckel, as he has got to show better consistency and strength.  However, they don't have a replacement for him on the roster, so his spot is not in jeopardy this year.  On the DLine, Odrick is likely going to start at the strong DE position, with Marks and Miller starting inside.  Overall, nice job Em.   

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 12:16 PM by Kane.)

Cause for Concern

The overall lack of depth defensively is the biggest concern going into the 2015 season.  Jacksonville can’t afford any injuries at the 1st and 2nd level of their defense otherwise it could be a problem.

I would disagree here.

I think for once our depth is not horrible on the Dline (Davis, Odrick, Smith, Branch, Clem, Marks, Jones, Bennett) and secondary. (Colvin, McCray, Cyp, Brown, Sample, Gratz, Marshall)

And I think OLine is our biggest concern, still.

Nice lil write up though.

Thanks gang! If it were me, Storm would be backing up Yeldon and I would've moved Robinson to receiver coming out of college.  I had high hopes for Gerhart but just couldn't seize the opportunity 

Em...Storm was underwhelming when given the opportunity last year.  I loved him at UCF and thought he was a draft steal at the time.  However, he is clearly being outplayed by Yeldon, DRob, and Gerhart.

Henne is a capable no. 2 lol

Capable of never crossing the 50, and capable of netting us a top 3 draft pick, sure.

If we finish last in the AFCS, Gus' seat will be scorching

Lame. 2 commercials and basically just naming players on the roster.

Sorry Em lost all my respect after picking the stinking tacks second in the south div.......what?

I just don't see Storm making the final roster, although I can see him going somewhere else and making a name for himself.

Odrick, btw, is projected as the Jaguars starting LDE, although they have said he'll get some reps at the 3-tech spot.

I really don't see the Jaguars finishing last in their division this season. The defense has become a tight-knit unit that should rank in the top half of the league. The offense is behind right now, but these young guys should quickly improve especially if Joekel somehow manages to pick up his game.

'02

A lot of attention this off season by us fans was in regards to the young Wide Receiver core, but this game could show that the OC intends on a 12 personnel grouping (maybe even a 22/23) with the Tight Ends being the stars (a lot like the Patriots offense), which this video had mentioned the vast receiving talent depth at TE (But they are all also good blocking TEs which will keep the Defenses guessing).

If TJ Yeldon can truly run like Marshall and be the beast, and if Lewis can have a year like when he went to the ProBowl with a healthy Harbor this team' offense might start to be known more for its TEs than RBs in the past.

Quote:I just don't see Storm making the final roster, although I can see him going somewhere else and making a name for himself.

Odrick, btw, is projected as the Jaguars starting LDE, although they have said he'll get some reps at the 3-tech spot.

I really don't see the Jaguars finishing last in their division this season. The defense has become a tight-knit unit that should rank in the top half of the league. The offense is behind right now, but these young guys should quickly improve especially if Joekel somehow manages to pick up his game.

I think the Jaguars have the best Defensive Line coach in Jaguars history and in the NFL, so I'm not worried as much about the DLine (though they could use more talent in the draft next year).

My biggest concern is the Safetys on Defense, especially with Sample injured & not able to learn during this critical preseason time.