Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers

Is legit. The leg strength is unreal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm now looking at Scobee and Myers as an open competition for the Preseason. Yeah he can kick, but can he kick under pressure? I have to be sure before letting Scobee become a free agent.

'02

Game ON!

Man I would really miss Scobee....

Let's see how he does under real pressure in a game situation but by all accounts the kid has a heck of a leg.

I'll just leave this here and back away slowly:

https://instagram.com/p/tgFbTNuJyV/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'll just leave this here and back away slowly:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://instagram.com/p/tgFbTNuJyV/'>https://instagram.com/p/tgFbTNuJyV/</a>
that's a kick, looks like he kicks it high too and would of been able to get it over the line

It's a lot different on a tee like that than a standard hold, but still very impressive. I'd really miss Scobee if Myers wins it though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Remember when we were talking about Kasey Redfern winning the job last year?

It will be interesting. The fact that the PATs are now from the 25 may influence their decision on this. If they trust Scobee more to make that kick routinely they may have to stick with the vet.

Quote:Remember when we were talking about Kasey Redfern winning the job last year?

Lol yes. I honestly don't think Scobee is in danger, most of our special teams problems were on the line, not Scobee.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think the fact that Scobee has a proven track record, with no serious indications of decline, will ultimately be the deciding factor for Dave. But man, we need to find a way to keep Myers for the future.

Quote:I think the fact that Scobee has a proven track record, with no serious indications of decline, will ultimately be the deciding factor for Dave. But man, we need to find a way to keep Myers for the future.

Practice squad?

Didn't they remove the cap restrictions for PS players? Pay him the rookie minimum salary and keep him on there.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think the fact that Scobee has a proven track record, with no serious indications of decline
, will ultimately be the deciding factor for Dave. But man, we need to find a way to keep Myers for the future.

You might be able to argue that one.

They surely need to find a way to keep Myers thats for sure. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I will miss Scobee when ever he does leave.

Quote:Practice squad?

Didn't they remove the cap restrictions for PS players? Pay him the rookie minimum salary and keep him on there.

After the display he's putting on in camp so far, he'll get signed pretty quickly.

Scobee did not have a stellar year last season, and the salary is over $3m.  He's vulnerable if Myers can be consistent.  Myers beat him last night.  

Quote:I think the fact that Scobee has a proven track record, with no serious indications of decline, will ultimately be the deciding factor for Dave. But man, we need to find a way to keep Myers for the future.

It's business for sure. If this kid can outkick Scobee, then Scobee is expendable.

We have to remember to pick the right guy though and not let history repeat itself. The team was painful to watch with Seth Marler and Epstein and all those guys.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Scobee only hit 76% of his fg's last year resulting in his third worse season of his career.  He also struggled with long range kicks.  Let the better man win.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Scobee was bad last year but he still is very accurate at short distances.

Myers went 24 out of 38 in his collegiate career. No thanks,I rather have the proven veteran than the unknown big leg. Kickers should be reliable. Scobee has done that for years, and has not cost us any victories of importance.