Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson alualu to play full back according to multiple reports.

If this is true I'm gonna laugh.. Because a 6-3 295 pound full back would be impossible to stop.. Maybe carry 3 guys 10 yards lol..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If this is true I'm gonna laugh.. Because a 6-3 295 pound full back would be impossible to stop.. Maybe carry 3 guys 10 yards lol..

Where did you read this report? Did it mention Blackmon?

He had one play at FB that I remember tonight and blocked no one. It was a good idea to train him to be a FB, but he still needs to show that he can actually do the job.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Lol naw. Sign a real one.

I want to see FB dive straight up the middle!

This just reminds me of Sheldon Richardson being used on offense by the jets.

I watched a few plays from the scrimmage where they utilized Alualu as a lead block.

From what I saw, the play called for him to be used as a kick out blocker instead of leading the back through the hole. I think this is probably the best use for him because the worst thing to happen is for your lead back to get tripped up in the hole. This way, he's matched up with either an OLB or DE.

he did a good job of maintaining the "leverage" on the block, but you can see that he is raw when it comes to finishing his block.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:He had one play at FB that I remember tonight and blocked no one. It was a good idea to train him to be a FB, but he still needs to show that he can actually do the job.
Why?

He's been on the team for years without having to show he can actually do the job.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Next. Should have been let him go.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I had to laugh at the thread title. Would the "multiple reports" be people that watched practice and the scrimmage?

;

;

Give him some time; it might work out well. I heard someone analyzing say it is just for goal line packages. 

This would be a job for gear-hart

So now he's a top ten FB draftee?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:So now he's a top ten FB draftee?

OOOOooooo

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I'll repeat my joke that I made in another thread because I'm a goof ball:

Gives new meaning to Alualu as a run stopper.

It wasn't funny there either.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://vine.co/v/ewJZbudJqFm

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If this is true I'm gonna laugh.. Because a 6-3 295 pound full back would be impossible to stop.. Maybe carry 3 guys 10 yards lol..

I wouldnt worry about that.

He is listed as a three technique Defensive Tackle yet again away from LE, but he is listed as a co-starter with Ziggy Hood at DT until Marks is healthy to play with Roy Miller being the other DT starter.   I guess that means he might lose a starting role to Ziggy before the season starts.

Quote:I wouldnt worry about that.

He is listed as a three technique Defensive Tackle yet again away from LE
, but he is listed as a co-starter with Ziggy Hood at DT until Marks is healthy to play with Roy Miller being the other DT starter.   I guess that means he might lose a starting role to Ziggy before the season starts.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../31427725/

DT: 92 Ziggy Hood/93 Tyson Alualu, 96 Michael Bennett, 94 Eric Crume [99 Sen'Derrick Marks]

DE: 75 Jared Odrick, 93 Tyson Alualu, 79 Ike Igbinosun

Since we don't have a FB on the roster, he's in the mix with others as a FB role player.  In goalline, etc., that keeps our TEs on the LOS.  Smart.

That would make three positions he's in the mix.  Not just DT alone.

Also keep in mind we have several packages/fronts depending on down/distance/alignment matchup.  His being on co-starter or backup on the DL doesn't mean he won't have significant time.  This defense is one where moving players is common and by design.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015, 11:33 PM by DewtheMathis.)

I assume he will most likely play the 3 tech DT the most likely in obvious run plays with occasionally subbing at LE.

Toby Gerhart I thought was the goaline FB?