Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone will seriously fix this team

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 05:02 AM by haveaseat.)

I mean really. Lets face it. It's a coaching league with a trickle down effect. I mean Marrone has done it at the collegiate level and the NFL. Redeeming Syracuse and taking the Bills to the playoffs with KYLE ORTON and EJ MANUEL as QB. REALLY. In that division? You think Bortles may be bad? Look at what he worked with in Buffalo. Not only did we beat the breaks of Tennessee who not only won games against teams we lost to and were a playoff contender but he's going to have his coaches in place as well. We nearly blew the doors off the Colts in the last game until we collapsed like the Falcons playing so conservative on defense (which is more on Wash than anyone but still). I feel like Marrone is flying under the radar right now and everyone is underrating him but that's probably a good thing after all the hype we had for 2016. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Coughlin will fix this team

Can someone please tell me where the kool-aid at??

Quote:Can someone please tell me where the kool-aid at??

We have it in only one flavor though? Teal. Want some?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Well, it's pretty clear he can't break it much worse.  My hope is that his approach sparks this team and that we start to see it at least playing up to expectations.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 10:36 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:We have it in only one flavor though? Teal. Want some?

Hell yeah.. Why not?? It's never to early to drink I see..

Quote:Hell yeah.. Why not?? It's never early enough to drink I see..

Thats all we have. Superbowl! Drunk on Teal!

#Gojags

Quote:Thats all we have. Superbowl! Drunk on Teal!

Yessss.. Marrone gonna take us to the Superbowl!!

Quote:Yessss.. Marrone gonna take us to the Superbowl!!

After dave is canned after this season.

#Gojags

Quote:I mean really. Lets face it. It's a coaching league with a trickle down effect. I mean Marrone has done it at the collegiate level and the NFL. Redeeming Syracuse and taking the Bills to the playoffs with KYLE ORTON and EJ MANUEL as QB. REALLY. In that division? You think Bortles may be bad? Look at what he worked with in Buffalo. Not only did we beat the breaks of Tennessee who not only won games against teams we lost to and were a playoff contender but he's going to have his coaches in place as well. We nearly blew the doors off the Colts in the last game until we collapsed like the Falcons playing so conservative on defense (which is more on Wash than anyone but still). I feel like Marrone is flying under the radar right now and everyone is underrating him but that's probably a good thing after all the hype we had for 2016.

Tell us what he will do about Bortles?? If he starts playing like crap? What you think his backup plan will be? Certainly not Henne?

[Image: giphy.gif]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Tell us what he will do about Bortles?? If he starts playing like crap? What you think his backup plan will be? Certainly not Henne?

Of course the backup plan is Chad Henne, his position is "back up quarterback." If it were anything else he wouldn't be the back up!

/JDub

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Of course the backup plan is Chad Henne, his position is "back up quarterback." If it were anything else he wouldn't be the back up!

/JDub

Do you believe that's a good backup plan?? I mean would you as a coach put this team in Chad Henne's hands??

Quote:Do you believe that's a good backup plan?? I mean would you as a coach put this team in Chad Henne's hands??
Based on what is available to the team on February 16th?  It's pretty much the only plan.  You do grasp that this deal means almost nothing to the team, and that if O'Halloran's reporting is correct, it actually makes it easier to move on from Henne in the event that they DO identify a better option, right?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Based on what is available to the team on February 16th? It's pretty much the only plan. You do grasp that this deal means almost nothing to the team, and that if O'Halloran's reporting is correct, it actually makes it easier to move on from Henne in the event that they DO identify a better option, right?

To me it seems like we still carrying Dead weight.. but hey I'm nobody.. If they gonna move on later, then why not just do it now?? But I guess we will see..

Quote:To me it seems like we still carrying Dead weight.. but hey I'm nobody.. If they gonna move on later, then why not just do it now?? But I guess we will see..

You have to have someone to move on to before you move on.

Quote:To me it seems like we still carrying Dead weight.. but hey I'm nobody.. If they gonna move on later, then why not just do it now?? But I guess we will see..
Why not do it now?  Maybe because they don't have a better option on the roster right now to do so?  ls releasing him now as opposed to waiting until later on when they have a better sense for what's available really going to make a difference?  Maybe to you.  But to the team, not really.

Quote:Why not do it now? Maybe because they don't have a better option on the roster right now to do so? ls releasing him now as opposed to waiting until later on when they have a better sense for what's available really going to make a difference? Maybe to you. But to the team, not really.

Maybe you RIGHT! And it's nothing to worry about right now... Answer this tho when you breakup with a gf do you already have the next female in waiting? Or do you just do it, if it's nothing their anymore?

Quote:Maybe you RIGHT! And it's nothing to worry about right now... Answer this tho when you breakup with a gf do you already have the next female in waiting? Or do you just do it, if it's nothing their anymore?

You don't need a girlfriend, you must have a backup QB.

Quote:I mean really. Lets face it. It's a coaching league with a trickle down effect. I mean Marrone has done it at the collegiate level and the NFL. Redeeming Syracuse and taking the Bills to the playoffs with KYLE ORTON and EJ MANUEL as QB. REALLY. In that division? You think Bortles may be bad? Look at what he worked with in Buffalo. Not only did we beat the breaks of Tennessee who not only won games against teams we lost to and were a playoff contender but he's going to have his coaches in place as well. We nearly blew the doors off the Colts in the last game until we collapsed like the Falcons playing so conservative on defense (which is more on Wash than anyone but still). I feel like Marrone is flying under the radar right now and everyone is underrating him but that's probably a good thing after all the hype we had for 2016. 
I have a bit more confidence in Marrone than many of our regulars around here it would seem, but I'm not expecting miracles either. 

Bortles has no small amount of work to do if he's going to even get it done in a "game manager that takes some PA shots downfield" role. 

And the O-Line is a giant question mark - especially in the run game. 

CB#2 and SS are anyone's guess currently as well. 

I know Marrone will get more results from this roster than Bradley did, but I'll feel a lot better about it when some of these holes in the roster are plugged and we have some semblance of a back-up plan in case Bortles flames out.