Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen'Derrick Marks

Has he been practicing? I haven't read anything on what he's been doing, in terms of drills. Comments from Bullseye or from someone else who has attended camp?
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's on the PUP not practicing at all.

He didn't practice yesterday. I was there

Still rehabbing but getting close and "ahead of schedule" according to a repost I read 2 weeks ago on ESPNs site. 

I imagine he'll sit out the vast majority of camp and preseason.  No point in rushing him out there IMO.  We know he'll play hard when he's cleared to go. 

Quote:Still rehabbing but getting close and "ahead of schedule" according to a repost I read 2 weeks ago on ESPNs site. 

I imagine he'll sit out the vast majority of camp and preseason.  No point in rushing him out there IMO.  We know he'll play hard when he's cleared to go.

I don't really expect him to garner much more than 50% of the snaps until around mid season myself. Looking at Geno Atkins last year coming off his ACL, he hovered right around 45-50 snaps a game.

He is sporting a pretty sweet gold plated knee brace.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Worked out with clem all day today

Quote:He is sporting a pretty sweet gold plated knee brace.

Folwer and Marks are flashy guys who work in the trenches.

Him and Clemons were doing some box jumps on the side of the bleachers for a little while, didn't really notice anything else with him.  Knee seemed pretty stable and strong he was getting some height.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Ok thanks all. Loving the sarcasm. #sacksonville
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I don't really expect him to garner much more than 50% of the snaps until around mid season myself. Looking at Geno Atkins last year coming off his ACL, he hovered right around 45-50 snaps a game.

Not to mention he was a fraction of the dominant player he used to be. I don't think knee injuries and 300 pound men go well together. I hate to admit it, but I'm not expecting much production from Marks this year. I hate the "ahead of schedule" label these guys always use too. The guy tore his friggin knee like 8-9 months ago. I'll be surprised if it doesn't take at least until mid season for him to get comfortable with the same amount of playing time he was used to, and I'll be very surprised if he's anywhere near being the dominant player he was last year. I'm hoping for the best for SenDerrick, but I'm not expecting it.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015, 11:22 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Deleted.

Quote:Not to mention he was a fraction of the dominant player he used to be. I don't think knee injuries and 300 pound men go well together. I hate to admit it, but I'm not expecting much production from Marks this year. I hate the "ahead of schedule" label these guys always use too. The guy tore his friggin knee like 8-9 months ago. I'll be surprised if it doesn't take at least until mid season for him to get comfortable with the same amount of playing time he was used to, and I'll be very surprised if he's anywhere near being the dominant player he was last year. I'm hoping for the best for SenDerrick, but I'm not expecting it.

Overall I agree with you for the most part in that he was much less effective. But... the Bengals defense had much less talent surrounding him too, most likely allowing teams to focus on Atkins more. Also, it seems he started picking things up around week 9-10 of last year.

I think that might be a reasonable expectation for Marks. Something like 80% of his former production over the last 3rd of the season. And then hopefully 90-95% going forward.

Rotoworld doesn't expect Marks to play in PreSeason but to be the starter in week 1. 

I would rather Marks sit out a couple of games if it'll mean he has an even better chance of remaining healthy the entire season, the team needs him too much to be reinjured.