Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Marshall - Early Years

It just amazes me how talented most of these NFL players are.  Do any of you ever go into some of the High School History of NFL Players? 

Check out Nick Marshall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Marshall

Marshall was born in Pineview, Georgia, the son of Phillip Marshall and Shalina Cliett,<sup>[1]</sup> and attended high school at Wilcox County High School in Rochelle, Georgia. He was a three-sport star in basketball, football and track. He was named the boys basketball AP Class A player of the year twice. In football, he led Wilcox County to the Class A championship as a junior, while passing for 2,956 yards and 32 touchdowns. He was named the Class A Offensive Player of the Year as well as a part of the PrepStar All-American team, SuperPrep All-Dixie team, and <a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Journal-Constitution' title="Atlanta Journal-Constitution">Atlanta Journal-Constitution</a> "Super 11" team. As a freshman, he joined the school's track & field team, and with only two weeks of training, he qualified for the state finals in the high jump by leaping 1.78 meters (5-10) at the Region 2A Boys Meet.<sup>[2]</sup> At the Georgia Class A State Meet, he finished fifth in the high jump, recording a career-best leap of 1.93 meters (6-4).<sup>[3]</sup> After that meet, he never competed in track again.

Marshall decided on going to the University of Georgia for college because he was offered the opportunity to play both basketball and football.<sup>[</sup>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Championship!

I'm obligated to, Cane Wink
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Practice Squadder.

Might not ever play a down in a regular season game.

He's the sort of long, lean corner that Bradley had great success with in Seattle.

He's also incredibly raw and lacking in pure speed. If he absolutely astonishes coaches with his special teams play, he has a shot. Otherwise, he's probably got a spot on the practice squad with his name on it.

Quote:He's the sort of long, lean corner that Bradley had great success with in Seattle.

He's also incredibly raw and lacking in pure speed. If he absolutely astonishes coaches with his special teams play, he has a shot. Otherwise, he's probably got a spot on the practice squad with his name on it.
Lacking in rare speed????????????????????????????????

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 02:08 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Championship!

I'm obligated to, Cane Wink

Georgia - Football Player of the Year

Georgia - Basketball Player of the Year 2x

Georgia - 5th place high jump as a Freshman

If that doesn't spell C H A M P I O N S H I P,  nothing does !!!  :thumbsup:

I am concerned that it doesn't appear that he has any lacrosse experience.   Will this be his downfall?

Quote:Lacking in rare speed????????????????????????????????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwWUhPQ_4Q

Just watch through the first play, where Marshall catches his own deflected pass and runs it downfield. He does not display great straight-line speed, but is very elusive. That's a common theme throughout the highlight reel. His 40 time was around 4.55. No, he does not have rare speed.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 07:53 PM by haveaseat.)

Richard Sherman ran a 4.53 without pads at the combine. Rare speed isn't everything. It's like what good is a receiver with great speed + bad hands? I'll take instincts and decent speed any day.

Quote:Richard Sherman ran a 4.53 without pads at the combine. Rare speed isn't everything. It's like what good is a receiver with great speed + bad hands? I'll take instincts and decent speed any day.
He's got decent speed for sure, but there's a big difference between someone with decent speed and someone with rare speed, and someone here suggested that Marshall has rare speed.

Quote:Practice Squadder.

Might not ever play a down in a regular season game.

Wanna bet?

I hope he makes it.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend