Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Planned Parenthood

I've started kind of following this story and the more I find out about it, the more sickening it is.

I personally agree with the motion to block federal funding to this organization.  This goes beyond abortion, the organization is disgusting in my personal opinion should be shut down and certain members be brought up on charges (if any laws have been broken).

What is really disturbing is the fact that The Los Angeles Superior Court is baring free speech regarding the issue.

I wonder why this is not "front page news" regarding the media?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have seen this video circulated, but I've never seen the unedited version. Also, the LA court is only barring the video until a ruling is issued.

Only 3% of services offered by PP are for abortions, and federal funding cannot be used for those abortions. The move to discontinue federal funding will fail, as it should.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

They are disgusting human beings.

No laws appear to have been broken.  In 1993 they ended the fetus tissue research ban (with support from Mitch McConnell and other Republicans still in the Senate).  

Now, I haven't followed the story too closely.  I'd rather wait until more facts come out before jumping to any conclusions.  But it seems to me that scientific research would be a better use for aborted fetus tissue, than dumping them in the trash.  Now the concern I'm sure is that more women would encouraged to get abortions so that Planned Parenthood can profit (this doesn't appear to be the case according to many, who say that any money was merely reimbursment for costs, and that planned parenthood was likely losing money not making it).  Now, profiting off of it should absolutely be illegal.  Which is what the focus should be on.  If it is legal to profit off the donation of fetus tissue, then that profit should be banned.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I have seen this video circulated, but I've never seen the unedited version. Also, the LA court is only barring the video until a ruling is issued.

Only 3% of services offered by PP are for abortions, and federal funding cannot be used for those abortions. The move to discontinue federal funding will fail, as it should.

But Fox News and right wing radio have said differently. Weird.

Without digging back for links, Planned Parenthood is not "selling dead baby parts". Those conversations are twisted, slanted and edited by the agenda-pushers to make PP appear like a bunch of soulless monsters. Planned Parenthood does donate tissue and organs at the mother's request, and if they do get paid, it's basically reimbursement to cover the cost of shipping.

Also, what RJ said.

Planned Parenthood and dead lions are just further distractions to keep us from asking the more important questions.

I'm all for ending federal funding of planned parenthood, but my level of disgust about this topic is best left off the internet. This is a hot button issue for me. At the very least we should stop funding them. If I had my way we'd do much more. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think what sets off pro-Lifers about the video is the doctor speaks in clinical terms about technical aspects regarding abortions.

I'm pro-Choice, but recognize there is nothing pleasant about abortions. The process cannot be described in flowery terms. However, it appears the video was edited to present a certain point of view, not necessarily to be accurate.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I truthfully and honestly do not understand the outrage about this. 

I understand right wingers getting up in arms about gay marriage, or ISIS, or rebel flags w/e.

This honestly makes no sense to me outside of the abortion stance in general, which unless I am wrong the organization does not even do themselves due to a ban on federal funds being used on abortion, rather they refer them out. 

Quote:I'm all for ending federal funding of planned parenthood, but my level of disgust about this topic is best left off the internet. This is a hot button issue for me. At the very least we should stop funding them. If I had my way we'd do much more. 

So you would prefer more low income women to have unwanted births?  I mean, have you though through what would happen if the poor had no access to birth control?

I'm not sure if you've heard of Freakenomics, but there are some highly regarded economists that have hypothesized that there are some good benefits of lowering the number of unwanted pregnancies--especially of those from a low socio-economic background.  

Quote:So you would prefer more low income women to have unwanted births? I mean, have you though through what would happen if the poor had no access to birth control?

I'm not sure if you've heard of Freakenomics, but there are some highly regarded economists that have hypothesized that there are some good benefits of lowering the number of unwanted pregnancies--especially of those from a low socio-economic background.

Abortion is not birth control

Quote:I truthfully and honestly do not understand the outrage about this.

I understand right wingers getting up in arms about gay marriage, or ISIS, or rebel flags w/e.

This honestly makes no sense to me outside of the abortion stance in general, which unless I am wrong the organization does not even do themselves due to a ban on federal funds being used on abortion, rather they refer them out.

Selling human organs even if it's not for profit that doesn't offend you? What if was dead poor people that had medical debt and their organs where harvested and sold?

Forget the abortion part of it just the pure casualness with which these people regard the dead "fetus".

Quote:I think what sets off pro-Lifers about the video is the doctor speaks in clinical terms about technical aspects regarding abortions.

I'm pro-Choice, but recognize there is nothing pleasant about abortions. The process cannot be described in flowery terms. However, it appears the video was edited to present a certain point of view, not necessarily to be accurate.

The full unedited video is available but it's like 3 hours long.

Quote:What if was dead poor people that had medical debt and their organs where harvested and sold?

Red herring

Quote:Abortion is not birth control

I don't think you know what Planned Parenthood is

Quote:I truthfully and honestly do not understand the outrage about this. 

I truthfully and honestly don't understand the lack of outrage over this by the left, and I'm pro choice.

There is a legitimate disagreement about just when a fetus becomes a person. When you are talking about organs, it's no longer just a mass of undifferentiated cells. How is viewing a human life as less than a person any different than the way plantation owners viewed Africans? Because ... well, we know better in this case?

Even if you buy the claim that it is not a person, there is also a reasonable concern that PP has been prioritizing undamaged body parts ahead of the safety of the mother.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So you would prefer more low income women to have unwanted births?  I mean, have you though through what would happen if the poor had no access to birth control?

Margaret Sanger would be proud. Her goal was to make sure there were less black babies.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Abortion is not birth control

1.  As RollerJag pointed out, PP does more than just abortions.  They provide contraceptives to many low income women.  They also provide breast exams.  These are all goods things that are needed for women that don't have any other options.

2.  You may disagree with abortion.  But let's not get PC here...  Abortion is technically birth control.  Is it the best form, most will obviously say no.  But it is birth control.  Also, while the debate of Abortion is that you are killing a person, it's important to remember that Roe V Wade states that a fetus is not a human, at least not yet.  

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2015, 06:57 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Margaret Sanger would be proud. Her goal was to make sure there were less black babies.

Who cares?  If a person does not wish to go through with pregnancy, it's thier prerogative.  What racists think isn't really anything I care to discuss in regards to Abortion and a woman's right to make up her own choices.

I thought you were for freedom and less government in our lives...  

Quote:1.  As RollerJag pointed out, PP does more than just abortions.  They provide contraceptives to many low income women.  They also provide breast exams.  These are all goods things that are needed for women that don't have any other options.

2.  You may disagree with abortion.  But let's not get PC here...  Abortion is technically birth control.  Is it the best form, most will obviously say no.  But it is birth control.  Also, while the debate of Abortion is that you are killing a person, it's important to remember that Roe V Wade states that a fetus is not a human, at least not yet.  
Then fund a group where they help low income woman providing medical services that don't also kill babies and sell their body parts.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"