Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Planned Parenthood

Quote:You got the memo on the video being a fake, right?

You do know there is a difference between edited and fake, right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I cannot get worked up over something that is not true. But you go right ahead.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:You do know there is a difference between edited and fake, right?
Something can be edited to the point of being extremely slanted very easily, and the end result could certainly be called fake.

Are you implying that if a soldier was proven to have gone on a sadistic killing spree that they wouldnt be held accountable?

In other news the left is actively abandoning the outpost in guantanamo.

Quote:I will preface this post by stating I loathe that abortion is used as a political bargaining chip. Abortion is a woman's choice. You don't have to like it. But it's been legal for 40 years. The majority of what Planned Parenthood does is provide services for women which are not related to abortion. Anyone who saw the "hearing" the GOP led on this should realize it for what it was. Grandstanding. Shutting down PP (especially over what are known to be false premises) is an obvious staged attack by the morality police. This is just something else which is used to whip up the base into a frenzy, when in truth it's much ado about nothing (and a not-so-veiled attack on women's healthcare rights). So a lot of articles get written. A lot of talk shows get booked. A lot of money gets funneled to support a nonsensical non-cause. And nothing happens. That is our government. Bickering. Finger pointing. Holier than thou banter. And consistent inaction. Congratulations on getting sucked into the propaganda.

Nobody is suggesting "shutting down" Planned Parenthood.  What is being suggested is that they should not receive government funding.  If a woman needs to have medical procedures such as a pap smear or a mammogram, then there are plenty of other places available to fulfill that need.  After all, she is still covered under obamacare.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Something can be edited to the point of being extremely slanted very easily, and the end result could certainly be called fake.

True, but this isn't like the people they interviewed were stand-ins or this was performed through a green screen. According to Coalfire, a digital forensics firm, the videos are authentic and only edited out irrelevant sections such as bathroom breaks.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/09/29/forens...authentic/

Quote:Something can be edited to the point of being extremely slanted very easily, and the end result could certainly be called fake.

There was testimony before congress by experts that said that the videos were legitimate and not edited.  Of course, that's not widely reported.  One would actually have to view the full un-edited "raw video" to see everything.  I won't link it here, but it is available.

An edited video can mean that irrelevant parts are cut out to shorten the length and size of the video file.

A fake video would mean that it was all staged and none of it is true, or audio was dubbed over the video track to make it seem like things were said at a different time.  This is certainly not the case.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Nobody is suggesting "shutting down" Planned Parenthood. What is being suggested is that they should not receive government funding. If a woman needs to have medical procedures such as a pap smear or a mammogram, then there are plenty of other places available to fulfill that need. After all, she is still covered under obamacare.

The GOP hearing disagrees with your assessment nobody is talking about defunding PP and abortions are not paid for by the government.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Defunding and shutting down are two different things

Quote:The GOP hearing disagrees with your assessment nobody is talking about defunding PP and abortions are not paid for by the government.

The hearing before congress is to determine if PP broke/is breaking the law.  It's not about shutting the company down.

Abortions are in fact paid for by the government through funding to PP.

Noodle this for a minute.  Why does one company (Planned Parenthood) get government funding from the federal government, but an institution like Baptist Health does not?  Both provide women's health services.  What if federal funding to PP was redirected to the State of Florida so that the state could subsidize institutions such as Baptist Health?

Uh I'll say planned parenthood should be shut down. Along with any other facility that has participated in an abortion. Then the doctors should be tried convicted and hanged for murder.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Uh I'll say planned parenthood should be shut down. Along with any other facility that has participated in an abortion. Then the doctors should be tried convicted and hanged for murder.

I'm as anti-abortion as anyone else, but I do think that this goes too far.  Planned Parenthood is a private company and should not be receiving government money.  While I am against abortion, there are some reasons (limited) where the procedure might be necessary.

And those few have little to do with the 76 million and counting.

Quote:I'm as anti-abortion as anyone else, but I do think that this goes too far. Planned Parenthood is a private company and should not be receiving government money. While I am against abortion, there are some reasons (limited) where the procedure might be necessary.

Excuses don't equal reasons for me. There is never a reason to murder children. Rape is horrible what does murdering the child solve?

For the record I'm talking about post first trimester abortions it's a gray area when life begins but after the first trimester it's not even debatable.

Personally all members participating in child sacrifice are deplorable monsters. Sorry I'm sure ill offend some, to bad we don't care about the child's feelings while scissors are jammed in their skulls. I'm done won't respond in the thread, it's a non-negotiable hard line view for me. Protect the innocent even when it's painful, unpleasant and difficult.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Science clearly defines the smallest denomination of a livinf organism to be the cell.

Quote:Science clearly defines the smallest denomination of a livinf organism to be the cell.
By that definition, cutting your hair, trimming your nails or taking a dump is nothing short of genocide.

So silly... U know better than that. Ill be home in an hour.

Quote:So silly... U know better than that. Ill be home in an hour.

Uh..a-are you going to discipline TJBender?

Quote:Uh..a-are you going to discipline TJBender?
You bring the gimp suit, I'll get the feather duster?

hey...  that went really wrong really fast. 

Anyway, there is a scientific difference between waste from cells and the formation of a new organism at conception.  I don't think that we really have to go back to high school biology but if we have to I mean... 

And I still haven't heard where anyone on the pro-life side advocating that a soldier should be allowed to unilaterally defy the rules of engagement to satisfy some morbid sadistic death fetish.  I will be over here waiting for the links on that.