Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Planned Parenthood

Quote:So it's just a "charade"?  Look at the evidence and justify it.  Calling it a "charade" is just another liberal tactic to attempt to discredit a legitimate problem.  That's what liberals do, attempt to de-legitimize the opposition and if that doesn't work, then attack them personally.

It is a charade. Talking up "defunding Planned Parenthood" when they don't really have the ability to do that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It is a charade. Talking up "defunding Planned Parenthood" when they don't really have the ability to do that.

So you're saying that Congress doesn't have the ability to de-fund Planned Parenthood?  Please specify how it's a "charade".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:This should help put this charade by the House Republicans into realistic terms.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-congress...arenthood/

Congress can certainly pass a law that supersedes a previous law. The law requiring that PP receive Medicaid money is not part of the Constitution.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So you're saying that Congress doesn't have the ability to de-fund Planned Parenthood?  Please specify how it's a "charade".

Did you bother reading the article he posted?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You guys think you are being cute with the use of strike outs. You repeated use here is starting to make me think it's not about the issue but rather the race of the people you have a problem with. 

The strike outs are in response to Anchorman saying that the reason PP was founded is not worth discussing. The reason it was founded was to prevent a higher percentage of black babies being born if only white women could afford abortions. PP would not exist if it weren't for its racist origin.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Did you bother reading the article he posted?

Which one?  Is about congress not being able to de-fund planned parenthood, or is it the one that specifically has proof that this is all a "charade"?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So you're saying that Congress doesn't have the ability to de-fund Planned Parenthood?  Please specify how it's a "charade".

Read the CBS article posted.

Quote:Congress can certainly pass a law that supersedes a previous law. The law requiring that PP receive Medicaid money is not part of the Constitution.

Sure, go ahead. Indiana tried and lost.

Quote:What shack said.

Also abortion doesn't kill babies.

Right, once you decide something is subhuman then your conscience is clear when you kill it. Just ask the Germans.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Right, once you decide something is subhuman then your conscience is clear when you kill it. Just ask the Germans.
I invoke Godwin's Law on this thread.

Quote:I invoke Godwin's Law on this thread.

Have at it. Didn't make it untrue.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So you would prefer more low income women to have unwanted births?  I mean, have you though through what would happen if the poor had no access to birth control?

I'm not sure if you've heard of Freakenomics, but there are some highly regarded economists that have hypothesized that there are some good benefits of lowering the number of unwanted pregnancies--especially of those from a low socio-economic background.  

Wait wait wait...  you typed this out and hit send.  I can understand thinking it, but you actually put this out in the public forum is shocking.  In a wierd way i want to thank you for your honesty.  

When you fundamentally believe that its okay to slaughter poor people so you're not adversely affected then I would venture to say that you are stepping slightly outside the mainstream.  

Quote:I don't think you know what Planned Parenthood is

no, I don't think you know who planned Parenthood is.  If the American people as a whole knew who Margret Sanger really was and her opinions on race and sex, they would be throwing planned parenthood into a bigger trash can than the Confederate Flag.

Quote:Sure, go ahead. Indiana tried and lost.

Silly argument. Of course states can't override Federal Law.

But Congress can. They'd need the POTUS to sign the bill or enough votes to override the veto, which makes it unlikely to pass. However, it would be an unpopular vote in most districts, so maybe there would be enough Dem votes fearing their support of 'selling baby parts' would end up costing them re-election.

Quote:You've just summed up, in a roundabout way, why there is no outrage from some circles, even as others scream bloody murder and start lighting torches for the witch hunt. People have different opinions on what constitutes a "human being". Speaking very generally here and without regard for my own thoughts on abortion, your child is someone else's tumor, and they're just as sure that it's a tumor as you are that it's a child.

This is the part i have always hated about this debate, what DEBATE there is no debate.  A human being is a human being regardless of age.  wait wait wait.  Is it SENTIENT?  When you're unconscious on an operating table then you are no longer a sentient being either, but that doesn't give the care provider the right to kill you arbitrarily even if your wife and your life insurance agent think its a good idea. 

The entire concept of debating when life begins is based on a 19th century understanding of the concept.  now, as civilized evolved beings we know that the first instance that the genetic blue print for the third organism (or more in the case of twins etc.) is at the moment of conception.  That's not up for debate.  That's not up for romantic interpretation.  It doesn't matter what Richard dawkins or nancy Pelosi says on the matter, its an indisputable scientific FACT.  The idea that we as a society have turned a blind eye to the indiscriminate slaughter of some 70 million unborn children is our societies morbid undercurrent, like slavery to previous generations but we should have darn well known better.  

And in the case of planned parenthood, you can't even hide behind the flowery rhetoric of sentience or viability, this group fundamentally espouses abortion up until the day of birth and devotes millions of dollars to politically advance that cause.  

As to the general question of the legalities of the actions undertaken by planned parenthood the rationalizations are sobering.  For everyone clinging to the concept that these were simple reimbursements for cost of shipping, it doesn't cost 100 + per specimen to ship things.  you con't haggle over reimbursement you haggle over price for sale for profit.  you don't talk about having a Lamborghini when your just trying to reimburse the cost of forceps.  

Also it is illegal to alter the abortion procedure in any way for the extraction of fetal tissue and the staff is not to be made aware that the tissue is to be donated so that they are not tempted to do so.  I don't care how many times its edited, the context, the location, or what barney the dinosaur was doing in the background, when you have an abortion doctor say "I will Talk to Phil about using a less CRUNCHY method to preserve the specimen" then that's proof of a violation of the law.  

It doesn't matter if the tape showing you kill your wife in her sleep was edited to take out the recording your daughter did on movie night.  It doesn't change the fact that there is plain evidence that you killed her.  In this case there is plain evidence that these transactions were for financial benefit and that Planned Parenthood altered procedures for the procurement of said specimens.  

Even more alarming to those of you who may be pro choice, the videos being suppressed in California have to do with a company purchasing whole specimens from planned parenthood.  That means were no longer talking about in the mothers womb.  In the case of mid to late term abortions you have the potential that because of the preparation required that the mother could deliver early, that means that the child is born and has a fighting chance at life.  These barbarians deny the Child Medical care (Barrack Obama voted to support such practices in the Illinois state legislature) and in the latest tape that was released you have doctors bagging that when this happens they have an IN TACT SPECIMEN!

This isn't the debate about the girl in medical school who just found out she's 6 weeks pregnant but wants to be a doctor.  There's no flowery rhetoric to hid behind.  This is eugenic barbarism at its best coming to a low income neighborhood near you straight from the fourth Reich of the enigmatic Margret Sanger.  

P.S. you can't invoke Godwins law when talking about a concurrent eugenic cartel perpetrating Mass Slaughter!

and one more thing, saying that you shouldn't defund them based on the idea that only x% of the revenue goes to abortion is like saying Nazi Germany shouldn't have been invaded because only x% of their GDP actually went to committing heinous acts against humanity.

Quote:P.S. you can't invoke Godwins law when talking about a concurrent eugenic cartel perpetrating Mass Slaughter!
There are some arguments in life that aren't worth having. Abortion is one of them. People stand around shouting at each other to no end, and by the time the dust settles, no one's mind is changed, but we all hate each other just a little bit more for having had the discussion.

Personally, I don't think that any man has a right to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body and things contained within it. Please don't misinterpret that as my support of abortion, because it's not. It's simply me recognizing that no matter what I think one way or the other, 50% of the population is going to disagree with me, they're not going to be interested in the science or morality behind my opinion, and nothing I say or do will change that. I have more important things to worry about on a daily basis, like what new way the NSA has dreamed up to spy on me this week, how to prevent us from becoming a police state (yeah, it's happening), why oil companies are allowed to pump hydraulic fluid into my drinking water supply and why GMO foods aren't required to be labeled as such. To be extremely blunt, I think there are far more important things for Americans to worry about than what a woman chooses to do to her own body and things contained within it, and the people behind those bigger problem topics absolutely love it to death when someone selectively edits video, kills a lion or posts a picture of a kitten playing the piano. Every set of eyes fixated on that stuff is one less set of eyes on their activities.

Hey, Eric, got room in that bunker for one more? The more I pay attention, the more I'm starting to feel like I'm going to need one of my own before too long here.

Quote:I'm all for ending federal funding of planned parenthood, but my level of disgust about this topic is best left off the internet. This is a hot button issue for me. At the very least we should stop funding them. If I had my way we'd do much more.

Just researching their founder makes me sick

Quote:Who cares? If a person does not wish to go through with pregnancy, it's thier prerogative. What racists think isn't really anything I care to discuss in regards to Abortion and a woman's right to make up her own choices.

I thought you were for freedom and less government in our lives...

Sanger was a eugenics supporter, believed in inferiority of races, and wanted the so called less useful culled out...I wonder what organization she founded....hmmmm

Quote:and one more thing, saying that you shouldn't defund them based on the idea that only x% of the revenue goes to abortion is like saying Nazi Germany shouldn't have been invaded because only x% of their GDP actually went to committing heinous acts against humanity.
100% right. I hit on this earlier too. I am not sure how anyone can use this as justification.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"