Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne Re-signed

Quote:First point I totally agree with, knowledge of the system is important.

Second I also agree with, again, not suggesting he's great or anything..

Third, in your opinion would you cut Brandon Allen in that scenario?

Not really.  Brandon Allen could be the young development player in the scenario that I presented.  The thing is, a Dak Prescott type of QB isn't the "norm" at all.  Most of the "great" or better QB's spent some time on the bench and/or on a practice squad.

A lot of people don't get it that it's a big difference between the college game and the professional game.  The speed is faster, the rules are different and you have the best college players and veterans playing the game.  A good college QB learning on the sidelines is not a bad thing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, I guess this is just the first move of many to come. 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Henne might not be a great quarterback, but he is one tough dude. He took a pretty good beating a few years back and kept getting up. I don't remember who the receivers were at the time.

Quote:Not really.  Brandon Allen could be the young development player in the scenario that I presented.  The thing is, a Dak Prescott type of QB isn't the "norm" at all.  Most of the "great" or better QB's spent some time on the bench and/or on a practice squad.

A lot of people don't get it that it's a big difference between the college game and the professional game.  The speed is faster, the rules are different and you have the best college players and veterans playing the game.  A good college QB learning on the sidelines is not a bad thing.

I absolutely agree with all points made. It's just interesting to see you elaborate, that's all.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Interesting O'Halloran tweets on the topic:

Quote:<div>Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran
2. If Brandon Allen wins the back-up job, Henne could be a No. 3-stick-around-guy

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran
3. Jags basically acknowledging it would've been impossible to convince a veteran QB better than Henne to sign here.

</div>
2. Henne as #3 backup seems kind of like a waste.

3. Why would a veteran backup not want to sign here after Bortles' rocky season?  

Anyone know how much it's worth?

Quote:Blake will be our guy in 2017 unless some strange act of god occurs. And not because Henne is around.

If there was to be "competition" for him, it would be something like the Henne/Gabbert situation where it's faux and they have to see what Gabbert can do just a bit more.

That's not competition. Neither of those guys even belong in the NFL. 

Quote:Henne might not be a great quarterback, but he is one tough dude. He took a pretty good beating a few years back and kept getting up. I don't remember who the receivers were at the time.

And that helps us how?

It's his intangibles.

[Image: hennefight_medium.gif]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 05:56 PM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:Good thing we got Tom running the show now. Gotta make sure Chad sticks around.

Didn't take you long to cry. Never pass up an opportunity.

This thread is disappointing so far. Needs more epic meltdowns. Someone find 02.

Quote:Anyone know how much it's worth?

I can only assume by "restructure" it would be a very team friendly deal.

I hope.

Quote:It's his intangibles.

[Image: hennefight_medium.gif]
The best play of his illustrious career.

I don't intend to take this off topic, but it seems to me there will probably be a lot of veteran re-signings for the sake of re-signing them.

I don't expect this to impact how aggressively we approach free agency, or how many folks we expect to bring in to compete and/or replace these guys.

I expect we'd sign back just about everyone we can as a "starting point" and continue this "next chapter" from there.

I doubt we're going to be very shy about cutting any of these re-signings if or when it comes to that, and I'm sure some of these signings will be constructed with just that in mind.

Nobody can hold a clipboard like Henne.. Dude's got skillz..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Glad to see the usual doom and gloom before the hurricane has even formed

Quote:Not really.  Brandon Allen could be the young development player in the scenario that I presented.  The thing is, a Dak Prescott type of QB isn't the "norm" at all.  Most of the "great" or better QB's spent some time on the bench and/or on a practice squad.

Oh, OK, Thanks for the explanation. So let me see if I understand you correctly, with the resigning of Henne as backup to Bortles, that means Allen will be able to spend even more time on the bench behind Bortles and Henne, and by spending more time on the bench, or on the practice squad, behind those 2 he will have a much better chance to become "great" or even just a "better QB, then he would have otherwise? Is that right? 

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Chhhhammmmmpppppiiionnnnshhhiipppp

Quote:Chhhhammmmmpppppiiionnnnshhhiipppp

Well at least Chhhhhhhhennnnnppppiionnnnnnnshhhipppp

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

[Image: cropped_suh.0.0.gif?ts=1408755247]

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius.