Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne Re-signed

[Image: post-51329-Jaguars-fan-gif-imgur-confused-piho.gif]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 06:47 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Quote:There you go: (don't shoot the messenger please)
<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye'>Mike Kaye<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
mike_e_kaye
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/831965670791340036'>4m4 minutes ago</a>

More</span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

Marrone on Henne: “Chad has an abundance of knowledge in professional football. Chad provides leadership to our offensive meeting room.”

</span>
Chad has been a great leader and mentor to Blake. Without Henne, Blake would have regressed for sure.

Quote:[Image: cropped_suh.0.0.gif?ts=1408755247]

Not a flag in sight.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

What a joke.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I'm guessing the "restructure" was more of a get cut or sign for vet minimum ultimatum.

Quote:Not a flag in sight.
Good QBs get that call, Chad Henne does not. Even the refs know he is trash. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Not sure of the value here?

Is Brandon Allen not worth having on the roster?  Practice Squad bound?

Are we going to keep 3 QBs on the roster again?

Are we not bringing in any competition at QB?

Is Henne's value as a "mentor" to Blake (who was as bad as any QB last year) worth a roster spot?

#headscratcher

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 07:21 PM by Caldrac.)

I guess I get it. But, at the same time I hope this isn't a sign that the front office isn't comfortable with what's available in the market in the next month or so. Henne isn't a threat. Bortles knows that. This fan base knows that. Maybe Allen takes another step forward but that remains to be seen. 

Of course. I could be jumping the gun here. His deal was restructured in our favor I believe so he could yet be expendable once we get into and through the preseason campaign in August (Only six months from now, can't wait, it'll be here before we know it). 

If they do feel they have no choice but to stick it out with Bortles in 2017 I am going to assume they're going to take the 2016 tacks route on offense. Load up the backfield, beef up the interior and run, run, run and run some more. I am fine with that philosophy on offense if they go this route. Bortles seems to operate better from the play action game anyway. 

Based on Hackett's commitment to getting the ground game going last year after Olson floundered may indicate that they want that trend to continue into 2017. Wouldn't bother me at all now if they drafted Cook or Fournette in the event Allen or Garrett are off the board, which seems likely now. SO... could be looking at a three headed monster between Cook / Fournette - Ivory - Yeldon. 

Probably see lineman like Dan Feeney and Dion Dawkins available on day two. And Taylor Moton and Dan Elfein on day three. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

[Image: giphy.gif]

No Fun

My guess is there's guys they really want to keep (Abry Jones) and then there are guys they only want to "keep" for peanuts.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Its a very Chad day. Sad

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

NOOOO!!!!!

I thought things would improve under Coughlin, but I guess not.

So what's the contract look like? Tell me we didn't guarantee him millions so that we can cut him in camp without taking a huge dead money hit.

Keep in mind here we're talking about a guy who hasn't even played in a couple years short of a snap or two, and the last time he did play he totally stunk up the field. It's been several years since he actually played a decent game, and his entire career has been plagued with INTs to the point that he's now scared to even attempt throws downfield in the Preseason.

'02

I like Henne, hes a fine backup, people are crazy comparing Bortles to Gabs. Last season would have been the best ever had for Gabbert if he was still here. I think people have confused regression with 'flat out sucks.' Gabs was in the second boat, Bortles in the first.

Anyhow, Chad is a great long term BACKUP. You dont change for changes sake. If someone like Tony Romo or Tyrod Taylor actually wanted to come here, then you think about cutting Henne. But neither of them want to come to a situation in flux like this. They both want to know they will be the man where they go (especially Romo).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote: 

There you go: (don't shoot the messenger please)

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  4m4 minutes ago
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p style="font-size:16px;">Marrone on Henne: “Chad has an abundance of knowledge in professional football. Chad provides leadership to our offensive meeting room.”

</div>

Then make him a coach... but not the backup QB.

'02

I am numb to news like this.

This franchises inability to identify a curse is astounding.

Quote:Then make him a coach... but not the backup QB.
I am thinking smoke screen. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

how many years? contract details? I would assume Coughlin probably won't draft a QB this year.

If they paid this guy a dollar, it was still a terrible move

Quote:This thread is disappointing so far. Needs more epic meltdowns. Someone find 02.

It took me a while to get here. Was me meltdown not epic enough?

'02