Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne Re-signed

Quote:If they paid this guy a dollar, it was still a terrible move
Unless it is a smoke screen.  I totally agree.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: and-so-began-aabjkp.jpg]

What if I told you that Jacksonville sees Henne as a developmental player? Henne has been developing in secret all these years because he was so raw coming into the league, now he is ready to step forward and be the QB he was always meant to be! 

[Image: 30716862.jpg]

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

I love how we can all be miserable together

Quote:Not a flag in sight.

That clip is from the 2013 pre-season.  Brings back memories. 

As for the Jaguars re-signing Chad Henne,  part of the decision could easily be the team brass doesn't think there's a good option that will be on the open market in the coming days or weeks.    Especially,  when factoring cost.

LOL what a joke 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

You guys! Come on. Really?

He's a backup. His contract did not effect last year and it probably won't effect 2017. He never plays. What's the problem?

Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, Webb, etc.

We got Garrard in round 4 and that turned out decent.

This is just basic stuff. Why would we let him go based on 0 play time last season. He probably will have 0 play time this year and the rest of his life.

He's just a backup. That's it.

The focus should be on our starting QB and his bigger issues. Not a guy who holds a clipboard.

The problem here is that we need much more than a just a clip board holder for our 2nd string QB. Blake is all the Jags have at QB and he knows it. Blake would be starting over Henne even if Blake was in a body cast. There is push by anyone to make Bortles earn and keep his starting position.

But Henne's a big help in meetings, and makes a great pot of coffee.

Quote:The problem here is that we need much more than a just a clip board holder for our 2nd string QB. Blake is all the Jags have at QB and he knows it. Blake would be starting over Henne even if Blake was in a body cast. There is push by anyone to make Bortles earn and keep his starting position.

But Henne's a big help in meetings, and makes a great pot of coffee.

Flagler, I'm with you. I understand exactly what you're saying but here's the question I'm going to ask..

Who would you have brought in to "overtake Bortles" bc that's really all that matters.

Quote:Flagler, I'm with you. I understand exactly what you're saying but here's the question I'm going to ask..

Who would you have brought in to "overtake Bortles" bc that's really all that matters.

Nick Foles 

This is a Dave move. I think this is just Tom staying out of this one to make it look like he don't make every call.

It's amazing that so many on this board now believe that not compitition will be brought in to compete with Blake. this contract is nothing more then insurance in the case that no free agent can be signed In a poor QB draft. The contract allow for Henny to be cut with no penalty as far as I have read about the signing. Henny agreed to this contract because he was going to be cut and would have little interest from teams in free agency. I assure you that there will be compitition for Blake and it won't be Henny if the team can secure a quarterback in free agency. Should they have to draft a QB in a late round of the draft, then Henny will have a chance to stay with the team another year. 

Quote:This is a Dave move. I think this is just Tom staying out of this one to make it look like he don't make every call.

I doubt it. This is the NFL and every move matters.

Quote:Nick Foles

And we will never know if we reached out to Foles. But going with that, it's not like he's a starter. He played good with the Eagles then fell off. Pretty much another Bortles. 1 good year.

Just like Derek Anderson with Cleveland. Any backup we bring in will have no barring on how the season turns out.

Quote:This is a Dave move. I think this is just Tom staying out of this one to make it look like he don't make every call.
LOL I love how people throw around who's move it is, based on if they like the move or not. "oh I don't like this move, well clearly Caldwell made it because I don't like Caldwell either"

This is just as much Tom's move as it is Dave's move.

LOL

This offseason is going to be hilarious with everyone trying to find a way to blame Caldwell...

....or Coughlin or Marrone or Khan or...

Nobody knows who to blame!!    Not that it will stop anyone, clearly. 

Quote:It took me a while to get here. Was me meltdown not epic enough?
I can't wait until they announce the final 53, with Henne as the backup QB and Corey Grant released.

Quote:I can't wait until they announce the final 53, with Henne as the backup QB and Corey Grant released.
ouch

Re-signing Henne to a restructured deal means nothing at the end of the day.  I still would expect to see the team bring in another QB to push Bortles and to compete for the #2 spot along with the bodies we already have on the roster.  At the end of the day, Henne may wind up being just another camp arm if he makes it that far.  It would be foolish for the team to cut ties prematurely despite what the fan sentiment is here.  They should keep him around until they have a better sense of how the market is going to play out in free agency and the draft at that position.  Keeping him on the roster under a restructured deal simply gives them an insurance policy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:LOL I love how people throw around who's move it is, based on if they like the move or not. "oh I don't like this move, well clearly Caldwell made it because I don't like Caldwell either"

This is just as much Tom's move as it is Dave's move.
Coughlin is supposedly expected to sign off on every football move, so regardless of what Caldwell may or may not want, Tom still has the final say, so it's time for some of the hand wringers on the board to start howling to fire Coughlin.  Ah, the good old days are back!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]