Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne Re-signed

Resigning Henne means we wasted a pick on Allen...honestly, i dont care how cheap he was. He offers nothing now or for the future. Waste of cap space but we got enough so who cares

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:[Image: cropped_suh.0.0.gif?ts=1408755247]

Look how McClendon just stands there and points. 

Boselli, Searcy, and some of the older linemen would have gone after Suh.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 05:19 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Well, damn.

Somebody better tell Caldwell he blew it on these guys:

[Image: 2yzes5j.jpg]
Lil premature on half that page.

BTW, how many 1st rounders in that page? We should all be lucky to have a GM who can occasionally spot talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Quote:The snapping of he neck was epic. That was definitely a flag.

I love this meme. It so applies here. Chad Henne? Really Jags?

Really?

Chad Stinkin Henne?

This post has had me dying laughing for 5 minutes.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 07:33 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:Lil premature on half that page.

BTW, how many 1st rounders in that page? We should all be lucky to have a GM who can occasionally spot talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.

This. And here's the biggest argument. He's hand picked so much talent that it's equated to a whopping 14 - 48 record. And it is premature. Jack didn't do anything special last year. Linder has a knack for ending up on IR. Hurns and Lee apparently have a hard time staying healthy earlier on in their careers.

Robinson regressed and was dropping footballs like they had the cooties in 2016 or like it was soccer or volleyball and his job was to keep the ball up in the air. And we're suppose to be impressed because he FINALLY made a splash with one of his free agency signings in Jackson and didn't miss on the "can't miss" prospect in Ramsey? 

Dave Caldwell is trash too. Just like the former head coach he hired. And there's a reason why he's answering to Tom Coughlin now. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

15 years later Chad Henne is a joke.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Resigning Henne means we wasted a pick on Allen...honestly, i dont care how cheap he was. He offers nothing now or for the future. Waste of cap space but we got enough so who cares

It doesn't indicate anything other than we re-signed Henne to a restructured deal that, according to reports, actually makes it easier for the team to move on if Allen or any other QB they bring in, outperforms him.   It doesn't even represent a waste of cap space until he actually starts to draw a paycheck, at which point, unless you're stroking the checks, who cares?  This team has way too much cap space as it stands.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:This. And here's the biggest argument. He's hand picked so much talent that it's equated to a whopping 14 - 48 record. And it is premature. Jack didn't do anything special last year. Linder has a knack for ending up on IR. Hurns and Lee apparently have a hard time staying healthy earlier on in their careers.

Robinson regressed and was dropping footballs like they had the cooties in 2016 or like it was soccer or volleyball and his job was to keep the ball up in the air. And we're suppose to be impressed because he FINALLY made a splash with one of his free agency signings in Jackson and didn't miss on the "can't miss" prospect in Ramsey? 

Dave Caldwell is trash too. Just like the former head coach he hired. And there's a reason why he's answering to Tom Coughlin now. 

I'd be more curious to see a picture diagram of the people who DIDN'T work out. It can start with his entire first draft.

Quote:It has?

Indeed it has.

In December of Blake's rookie season, Caldwell explained the fatigue by describing his arm as going limp, and this past season while leading the league in pass attempts, his arm looked the same.

'02

** Madden geeks melting down everywhere because plugging this scenario in just doesn't compute **

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Indeed it has.

In December of Blake's rookie season, Caldwell explained the fatigue by describing his arm as going limp, and this past season while leading the league in pass attempts, his arm looked the same.

I'm curious if you believe the fatigue Blake has experienced to be a product of overuse or a result of his poor technique? 

BTW - I really don't recall anyone using the word "limp" to describe his arm besides members of this MB. 

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 07:36 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I'm curious if you believe the fatigue Blake has experienced to be a product of overuse or a result of his poor technique? 

BTW - I really don't recall anyone using the word "limp" to describe his arm besides members of this MB. 

Both. When you have [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor technique and you overdue it you're going to tweak something you shouldn't and it's going to expose you badly or eventually put you out of commission. And then they stated after the year he separated his shoulder at some point didn't he? I am sure that didn't help. 

I don't think anyone publicly from the team stated his arm was limp but there were quite a few games or instances where his passes were either falling in the dirt well short of his intended target or he was over throwing his intended targets by a mile from pressing too hard. 

I am hoping 2016 was just an anomaly for him between poor preparation by the former coaching staff and him trying to press through his injuries and poor techniques after not being able to spend his off season the way he wanted to in 2015. 

Hackett was his best friend though once he took control of the offense. The running game improved tremendously despite the injuries on the line and the inconsistent push up front at times. I think that commitment to the ground game continues in 2017. And that's going to allow Bortles to hopefully pick and choose his shots down the field more carefully and accurately and take the pressure off of him. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I'm curious if you believe the fatigue Blake has experienced to be a product of overuse or a result of his poor technique? 

If I can find the time I'll look for the quote, but the word "limp" came straight from Caldwell's mouth during the 2015 offseason.

As for the fatigue, I feel that both contributed, although I feel it's a deeper issue with Blake's arm where he'll need consistent monitoring to not overuse it. It's also certainly possible that better mechanics can help to make his arm last longer.

'02

Quote:Both. When you have [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor technique and you overdue it you're going to tweak something you shouldn't and it's going to expose you badly or eventually put you out of commission. And then they stated after the year he separated his shoulder at some point didn't he? I am sure that didn't help. 

I don't think anyone publicly from the team stated his arm was limp but there were quite a few games or instances where his passes were either falling in the dirt well short of his intended target or he was over throwing his intended targets by a mile from pressing too hard. 

I am hoping 2016 was just an anomaly for him between poor preparation by the former coaching staff and him trying to press through his injuries and poor techniques after not being able to spend his off season the way he wanted to in 2015. 

Hackett was his best friend though once he took control of the offense. The running game improved tremendously despite the injuries on the line and the inconsistent push up front at times. I think that commitment to the ground game continues in 2017. And that's going to allow Bortles to hopefully pick and choose his shots down the field more carefully and accurately and take the pressure off of him. 

Ok, I found the quote, and actually he did not say "limp arm" as I thought. ...but close enough... he used the phrase "dead arm."...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Jacksonville General Manager Dave Caldwell told USA Today that by the end of last season, Bortles was worn down and had a "dead arm.”

<p style="margin-left:40px;">“People don’t realize that as you look later in the season, he was on injury report,” Caldwell said. “You’ve just got to do what you’ve got to do to survive. It wasn’t anything that was ingrained in him [mechanically]. He knew he was doing it. But in order to drive the ball 15 yards, there were some things that he needed to do to get the velocity on the ball.” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...last-year/

The USA Today article sourced by PFT sheds a tad more light...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Bortles' shoulder didn't require surgery, said Caldwell, who referred to it as a "dead arm" suffering from inflammation, forcing a reduction in practice reps after roughly 17 months straight of throwing through the quarterback's last year at Central Florida, the pre-draft process and his first NFL season. - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl.../29587683/

'02

Quote:Indeed it has.

Link?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I can't believe how quickly so many people just jump all over every possible negative angle of every our team does.

There's plenty of justification for this move. Chad knows the offense

Everyone including our front office knows he's never going to compete with Blake for the starting position. Retaining Chad has absolutely zero effect on whether we will or will not look for someone to bring in for competition. Basically he's better than an unproven backup even if he sucks compared to Blake

Calm down people, resigning Chad Henne every couple of years just increases the chances that Henne will retire a Jaguar instead of a Dolphin.

What else could it mean?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Link?

Look up. I gave the link in my last reply.

'02