Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man's daughter gets jumped, he hits teenage girls

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 08:41 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

So, I agree that in most cases there is no reason for a man to hit a woman. However, I've gotten a lot of flack from people here for saying that in some very special instances, it may be necessary to prevent serious physical harm. I'm curious if people feel like the man in this video was out of line for doing what he needed to to protect his daughter who was jumped by a group of attackers.

https://www.facebook.com/mediatakeout/vi...151504865/

Should he be arrested? Fined? Anything?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Out of line??  This guy looked like he was trying to stay alive.

Quote:So, I agree that in most cases there is no reason for a man to hit a woman. However, I've gotten a lot of flack from people here for saying that in some very special instances, it may be necessary to prevent serious physical harm. I'm curious if people feel like the man in this video was out of line for doing what he needed to to protect his daughter who was jumped by a group of attackers.

No, no, no...women are always innocent in all circumstances and should never ever ever ever ever ever be struck by a man.  Rolleyes

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Out of line??  This guy looked like he was trying to stay alive.

Right, I agree. Some say that it's "NEVER" okay to hit a woman.

He's 100% in the right.

Huh

He didn't have any options from what I see. Heck they where attacking him while he was trying to get them off his daughter.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Where on earth are the "it's NEVER okay to hit a woman" cronies?

Quote:Where on earth are the "it's NEVER okay to hit a woman" cronies?

.....and why are you always so concerned about this?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:.....and why are you always so concerned about this?

Because when it goes the other way it's page on page on page about how terrible the man is and how it's never ever ever ever the woman's fault.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:.....and why are you always so concerned about this?

Because in other threads we get absolutely blasted for saying that there are some instances where it most certainly is okay. I'd like to hear their opinion on if this man was in the wrong here (considering he did hit a female, which breaks the "NEVER" guidelines).

Quote:Because in other threads we get absolutely blasted for saying that there are some instances where it most certainly is okay. I'd like to hear their opinion on if this man was in the wrong here (considering he did hit a female, which breaks the "NEVER" guidelines).

Is your ego (and  flsprtsgod's) so fragile that you need the validation of anonymous posters on a football team's message board (all eleven of us)? We get it, you think it's ok to hit a woman and you found an example that fits your criteria. Happy now?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Is your ego (and  flsprtsgod's) so fragile that you need the validation of anonymous posters on a football team's message board (all eleven of us)? We get it, you think it's ok to hit a woman and you found an example that fits your criteria. Happy now?

Typical ad hominem from you.

Quote:So, I agree that in most cases there is no reason for a man to hit a woman. However, I've gotten a lot of flack from people here for saying that in some very special instances, it may be necessary to prevent serious physical harm. I'm curious if people feel like the man in this video was out of line for doing what he needed to to protect his daughter who was jumped by a group of attackers.

He was not out of line at all, and I would even go so far as to say that he used some restraint.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.