Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:Omameh - Linder - Bowanko - Cann - Parnell

:teehee:

There's something to be said about cohesiveness (in the absence of talent).  Plus, we have the secret weapon (Joekel) that can slide into any OL position. 

After all, it was all Gus' fault

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Whimper, Beadles, Brewster, DeMarco, Fordham

It's going to take a fortune to bring Whimper out of retirement.  I read that he's looking for franchise tag type money

The guy hasn't been released. The option was declined and they're probably going to offer a better one that's cap friendly. They have until the 8th of march. From the 9th then he's open to all.

Quote:It's going to take a fortune to bring Whimper out of retirement.  I read that he's looking for franchise tag type money
Well, if you're gonna make an omelet, you have to break a few QBs...errr....eggs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Said it. From day one.

Tom is back in town. Those who don't , can't know. Too much.

Fbt thinks he does. But TTR has been around. The block too.

Been there from the beginnings , unlike new youth. So listen. You might learn something. From a wise. Old dog.

New tricks. I think not.

I was a bit disappointed when I read that they didn't exercise the option, but have since been reading about a lot of other players at the position that teams didn't re-sign. Also, though I take them with a grain (or more) of salt, the PFF ratings on him were interesting. At least in my case, the lack of decent play for so long at LT for the Jaguars might have led me to overvalue him. Oddly enough, this year might be a bit of a buyer's market. 

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:Whimper, Beadles, Brewster, DeMarco, Fordham

That's a solid OL, I'd also add Ephraim Salaam as our swing tackle.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 02:33 PM by MoJagFan.)

Can we throw up on some Baby Boselli?

https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-12...down-dirty

EDIT:

Ugh this franchise been so long since we have had an enviable line.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Said it. From day one.

Been there from the beginnings , unlike new youth. So listen. You might learn something. From a wise. Old dog.

New tricks. I think not.

That's not possible because I don't have a dog. So you are lying.

-Jdub

nevermind...  I can't go there anymore.  

Quote:nevermind...  I can't go there anymore.  

Restraining orders.  Yup, know the feeling.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Said it. From day one.

New tricks. I think not.

Close.

Quote:I would say yes. Technically, his contract ran out, so he should count towards the comp formula. I don't think we have enough high profile free agents to get us a comp pick next year, but he should count.

Kelvin Beachum will count toward a 2018 compensatory pick if we lose more UFAs including him than we gain this year.

Quote:Yeah from what I have read Whitworth is the only better LT than Beachum available. Clady is also available now but I don't know how he played last season and if he would be an upgrade

Ryan Clady was great in Denver. Unfortunately knee and foot injuries kept him out two of his last three seasons there, which is why he was traded to the Jets. His best days were when he protected Jay Cutler.

Quote:Can the team still use the transition tag on Beachum before March 9? 

Just something to consider as a safety valve if they don't get something else done. 

The deadline to tag a player is March 1.

Quote:What would the difference be as far as money between the transition and franchise tag?

It is not possible to give you exact dollar amounts ATM, but this link explains everything:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...signations

Quote:Can someone translate this into English so I can find out what exactly is is that TTR is going through all of this self puffery over?

Quote:Again. This board doesn't come with a translator.

Now I know who should be in a charge of figuring out how old TTR is (obviously under 13 because he can't write) and that telling someone to stop posting incomplete sentences is acceptable forum behavior. Nice job FBT.

Quote:I don't know how they could. Most of those words mushed together do not amount to sentences.

What is clear is that you expect people to congratulate you on when you are right, which is just pathetic.

You're the guy who calls for a head coach to get fired, then waits 8 years until they are, then starts 4 threads exclaiming "I TOLD YOU SO!! "

See philly fan, Andy Reid, Jag fans with TC and JDR, etc.

I would like to know why someone who is unable to communicate verbally would expect people to congratulate him for incomprehensible comments. Many of them are wrong anyway.

Now let's get back to discussing Kelvin Beachum.

Quote:Zeitler isn't going anywhere let's be real.

True dat

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 09:47 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Now I know who should be in a charge of figuring out how old TTR is (obviously under 13 because he can't write) and that telling someone to stop posting incomplete sentences is acceptable forum behavior. Nice job FBT.

I would like to know why someone who is unable to communicate verbally would expect people to congratulate him for incomprehensible comments. Many of them are wrong anyway.

Now let's get back to discussing Kelvin Beachum.
Yea I have been on the board before you were thought of.

Had many debates with TMD been to tail gates. Cause I am not afraid to drive.

Matter of fact we brought food. Cause ya know tail gates so much better with free food.

We sang Jaguars songs on way to stadium. And took pics with cheerleaders. And my wife got drunk.

And my son had a blast in bounce house and putting on Jaguars Football gear and holding Jaguars emblem.

But yes I must be a pretty smart 13 year old.

To get liquer with no id, drive, party, and be married and have a older son at only 13 my bad.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I mean you could correlate #2 to second round, but by saying THE #2 pick it definitely implies the second overall pick.

I'm all for guard at #35 if we don't get someone like Zeitler, if we do that I'm leaning more towards Robinson there. I do believe we'll go OL regardless at 35.
Youre being sucked in!! Fight it. Dont respond

Beachum earned the 4yr contract IMO. Throw Albert in as RG wit Linder at C and we have less holes to fill wit the draft

Quote:Beachum earned the 4 year contract IMO. Throw Albert in as RG wit Linder at C and we have less holes to fill wit the draft

Maybe he earned 4 years, but not necessarily $35 million.

Only people on this message board make up reasons to move Brandon Linder.

Quote:Maybe he earned 4 years, but not necessarily $35 million.

Only people on this message board make up reasons to move Brandon Linder.
Where did i say move Linder?

i like him at C