Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:Where did i say move Linder?

i like him at C

Other posters suggested moving Linder in the draft section.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 11:51 AM by jobclarke.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...um=twitter

Mentions Julius Thomas as possible trade bait in a deal

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 02:09 PM by GlockBortles.)

Albert at very best is equal to beachum, he isnt healthy, and hes 32.

In what world does this make sense.

Quote:Albert at very best is equal to beachum, he isnt healthy, and hes 32.

It doesn't at all. 

Quote:Albert at very best is equal to beachum, he isnt healthy, and hes 32.

Albert is better than Beachum in run blocking and it isnt close and just as good or better in pass protection.  Albert had a wrist injury mid season, not to worried about that.   I wish you would come up with your own stuff instead of just saying everything KYjaggy says on everything lol

Quote:It doesn't at all. 
I thought you want better run blocking?

Quote:It doesn't at all.

They may be going with 3 sacks, 3 penalties >>> 5 sacks, 10 penalties, for starters
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Albert is better than Beachum in run blocking and it isnt close and just as good or better in pass protection. Albert had a wrist injury mid season, not to worried about that. I wish you would come up with your own stuff instead of just saying everything KYjaggy says on everything lol

Except he's only played one full season his entire career
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 02:24 PM by irontrooper83.)

I'm not sure It'd be the right thing to do, Albert is a good player but he has missed games every year for I don't know how many seasons.

He's not a young guy anymore and if Thomas is in the trade then we need another TE as well.

Guess that we'll see...

Quote:Albert is better than Beachum in run blocking and it isnt close and just as good or better in pass protection. Albert had a wrist injury mid season, not to worried about that. I wish you would come up with your own stuff instead of just saying everything KYjaggy says on everything lol
Why do you assume because we agree on something its because I got my opinion from him. Do you think these observations are difficult to make? Do you think its hard to see that the 32 year old not healthy tackle isnt a better option than the 27 year old healthy tackle. Do you think that trading in a cheap young left tackle for an older one just for run blocking makes any sense?

Or do you just want my opinion to align with yours and the rest of the hicks on here?

Why do folks say, "ON here"? Reads so...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Except he's only played one full season his entire career
He has missed 4 games in the last 4 years lol.  Doesnt seem to bad to me 

Sacrificing age and health for run blocking is so moronic. Theres 3 other positions on the offensive line that can be upgraded to give you better run blocking. Beachums primary role is to protect the quarterback and we could have him do it for another 4 years on a good contract.

But no, Instead we need run blocking at the least important position on the line for run blocking, so lets get albert now, pray he stays healthy, and look for another left tackle in 1-2 years. This is some sound logic.

Quote:Why do you assume because we agree on something its because I got my opinion from him. Do you think these observations are difficult to make? Do you think its hard to see that the 32 year old not healthy tackle isnt a better option than the 27 year old healthy tackle. Do you think that trading in a cheap young left tackle for an older one just for run blocking makes any sense?

Or do you just want my opinion to align with yours and the rest of the hicks on here?
What are these health problems you speak of?

Quote:He has missed 4 games in the last 4 years lol.  Doesnt seem to bad to me 
Nope, last full season played was in 2011, since then he missed 4 games this year, two in 2015, 7 in 2014, 4 in 2013, 3 in 2012.

<a class="" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA'>Miami Dolphins</a>

<a class="" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA'>Miami Dolphins</a>

<a class="" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC'>Kansas City Chiefs</a>

<a class="" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC'>Kansas City Chiefs</a>

Quote:What are these health problems you speak of?

He's played 16 games once in 9 years.

Quote:He's played 16 games once in 9 years.
Whats his injuries?

Quote:What are these health problems you speak of?
He hasnt played a full season since 2011

He dislocated his wrist last year

He was on IR with a knee injury in 2014

Missed the last 4 games of 2013 with a knee injury

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Whats his injuries?
Ankle injuries, elbow injuries , foot injuries, tore his ACL and MCL , dislocated wrist, multiple hamstring injuries.

They are also the only injuries that are reported. He's just an extremely injury prone player and can't be trusted to start a full season.

And lets just ignore alberts health and assume for a second theyre both totally equal in health.

Him being better at run blocking doesnt make him worth his age even in the slightest. Left tackle isnt an absolutely vital part of a run game, it helps obviously. But definitely not vital. What matters is protecting the quarterback first and foremost. How long is albert going to be able to do that for? Hes 32 now. Are we going to be discussing a new left tackle next year? or in 2 years? Or could we have just stuck with the young, cheap, reliable option we already had.