Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:Ankle injuries, elbow injuries , foot injuries, tore his ACL and MCL , dislocated wrist, multiple hamstring injuries.

They are also the only injuries that are reported. He's just an extremely injury prone player and can't be trusted to start a full season.
To be fair i didnt include everything on the injury report because it is football and every week guys are listed with something. No one is every really healthy.

But the extended missed games still stand.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He must be tough as nails to play all the games he has with those injuries. He has played at least 9 games every year of his pro career

Quote:Him being better at run blocking doesnt make him worth his age even in the slightest. 

Personally I'm not a big proponent of Albert - especially trading for him  - but Coughlin historically has never shied away from signing an aging vet as a stop gap until he can draft his replacement. 

I doubt he shares your opinion on the age gap issue. 

Quote:To be fair i didnt include everything on the injury report because it is football and every week guys are listed with something. No one is every really healthy.

But the extended missed games still stand.

Yeah he missed games for all of the injuries I listed. I'm sure there were many more on the injury report lists.

Left tackle is probably the second most important position on an offense when you factor in how diffificult it is to find one. We found a young one and had him on a good contract. If run blocking is that important, fix the other 3 positions on the oline that arent even remotely as good as Beachum at anything.

Literally everyone on this board has been talking about fixing the guards and right tackle. WE ALL SEE IT. Wanna trade house and Thomas? Do it for a [BLEEP] starting guard or a new right tackle. Dont do it for position we already had locked up and not for a 32 year old.

Quote:I thought you want better run blocking?

I do. I also want, younger and healthier and I get neither of those with Albert. He's a stop gap at best.

Quote:Personally I'm not a big proponent of Albert - especially trading for him  - but Coughlin historically has never shied away from signing an aging vet as a stop gap until he can draft his replacement. 

I think the guaranteed 4 years was the big issue. Tom eventually wants his guy there, and is willing to take the riskier and more expensive gamble just to not be locked in as long. 

Quote:Personally I'm not a big proponent of Albert - especially trading for him - but Coughlin historically has never shied away from signing an aging vet as a stop gap until he can draft his replacement.

A stop gap would imply that we didnt have anything at left tackle, but we did.

Quote:Left tackle is probably the second most important position on an offense when you factor in how diffificult it is to find one. We found a young one and had him on a good contract. If run blocking is that important, fix the other 3 positions on the oline that arent even remotely as good as Beachum at anything.

Literally everyone on this board has been talking about fixing the guards and right tackle. WE ALL SEE IT. Wanna trade house and Thomas? Do it for a [BAD WORD REMOVED] starting guard or a new right tackle. Dont do it for position we already had locked up and not for a 32 year old.

I do not disagree with this. 

I would have exercised the option on Beachum if it were up to me. 

Quote:I think the guaranteed 4 years was the big issue. Tom eventually wants his guy there, and is willing to take the riskier and more expensive gamble just to not be locked in as long. 
 Beachum would have received his guaranteed money in year one with that option.

In 2018 cutting him would not have hurt the cap much at all if they wanted to move on. 

Quote:A stop gap would imply that we didnt have anything at left tackle, but we did.

While I agree, someone in the F.O. clearly doesn't. 

Trade House for Albert and bring Beachum back, let the healthiest/best man win. Move Albert to guard or right tackle if he loses the LT spot. Sign a big money guard then draft a guard/tackle in the draft.

OLine fixed.

Quote:Trade House for Albert and bring Beachum back, let the healthiest/best man win. Move Albert to guard or right tackle if he loses the LT spot. Sign a big money guard then draft a guard/tackle in the draft.

OLine fixed.
That's like 60 million (assuming they give Linder his money) going to oline lol. The NFL leader right now is I believe 44 million. 

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 03:39 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:That's like 60 million (assuming they give Linder his money) going to oline lol. The NFL leader right now is I believe 44 million.
Albert can be cut for next to nothing next year. Parnell can be cut for nothing now or next year. It doesn't hurt us at all.

All it really is is keeping Beachum, signing a big name guard, drafting a lineman and then using Albert as a 1 year stop gap. Not that crazy at all.

This is where we may just have to see that clearly the coaching staff didn't find Beachum any good or worth keeping. He was definitely affordable so it's not a money issue. Our running game sucks and Beachum is a big part of the reason.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 04:11 PM by irontrooper83.)

I don't really care about PFF grades but since I was reading Mike Kaye's mailbag with a question about the Beachum-Albert I found this in the article:

"If you're a big believer in Pro Football Focus grades, it's worth noting that Beachum ranked 63rd among NFL tackles this year by the scouting website. Albert ranked 65th." 

Really surprised by the opinion of Beachum. I thought he was an above average LT, and I remember him being very effective in guarding Blakes blind side. Maybe our O-line was just that bad to where his performance looked better due to association.

But Albert for Thomas seems like an odd trade to me. I suppose it's better than nothing. But Thomas is still young for his position , whearas Albert is not. Thomas is arguably better than Albert at their respective positions.

I suppose it was either this Trade or us just releasing Thomas so at least we got a serviceable LT out of it.

Quote:Really surprised by the opinion of Beachum. I thought he was an above average LT, and I remember him being very effective in guarding Blakes blind side. Maybe our O-line was just that bad to where his performance looked better due to association.
He fell off after his concussion and he was also playing through some pretty severe knee soreness. It will probably be close to an Alex Mack situation where he struggled through a first season back from his major leg injury to become one of the best options at his position year two. 

Quote:I thought you want better run blocking?

That is the right tackle's job. Beachum's main responsibility was pass blocking.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 04:51 PM by BritJag.)

Beachum must feel so wanted by the Jags

First, a one year look see

Then an outright extension decline

Followed by a chase for the older injured dude

#Appreciation
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.