Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:it being front loaded only makes it more appealing. We can pay him the majority of his money now and then have the space to resign rookies later without his hit getting in the way.
And if anyone could be a reference that he deserves it, it would be Marrone which makes me think they don't trust the knee enough for such a large front loaded deal

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 01:27 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Yea, could be, a hidden injury. That was not made public.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Beachum is like the Stefen Wisniewski of LT's. Decent in pass pro but a poor run blocker

Quote:Beachum is like the Stefen Wisniewski of LT's. Decent in pass pro but a poor run blocker

Good point. Wiz was a great pass protector as well, but that didn't matter because the C has to run block too.

If we kept it up we might have had one of the best pass blocking units in the league sort of the like the Patriots OL that's also not known for run blocking. The problem with that is Blake can't throw 50 times a game every game like Brady can. The Jaguars have to run the ball to account for Blake's potential arm fatigue.

'02

Quote:Beachum is like the Stefen Wisniewski of LT's. Decent in pass pro but a poor run blocker

Good point. Wiz was a great pass protector as well, but that didn't matter because the C has to run block too.

If we kept it up we might have had one of the best pass blocking units in the league sort of the like the Patriots OL that's also not known for run blocking. The problem with that is Blake can't throw 50 times a game every game like Brady can. The Jaguars have to run the ball to account for Blake's potential arm fatigue.

'02

good comp, but its different because the center has so much more responsibility in run blocking.

Last year yes, but before the ACL he was excellent in pass pro and even average in run blocking not poor. I fear this is going to look at lot like Alex Mack where he had a rough 1st season back from a major leg injury and he was largely undervalued, then he returns to form in the 2nd year and leaves the Browns (and Jags) with sadness.

I'm not saying Beachum has tip top at his position bounceback potential like Mack did, but he could return back to top 10 LT status fairly easily IMO and he is younger than Mack so he could stay there longer. 

Quote:Last year yes, but before the ACL he was excellent in pass pro and even average in run blocking not poor. I fear this is going to look at lot like Alex Mack where he had a rough 1st season back from a major leg injury and he was largely undervalued, then he returns to form in the 2nd year and leaves the Browns (and Jags) with sadness.

I'm not saying Beachum has tip top at his position bounceback potential like Mack did, but he could return back to top 10 LT status fairly easily IMO and he is younger than Mack so he could stay there longer. 
Its funny how you give Beachum an extra year after an ACL but Fowler not so much

Quote:Its funny how you give Beachum an extra year after an ACL but Fowler not so much
That's not true, I give Beachum an extra year to return to the very good LT he was previously exactly the same as I give Fowler an extra year to return to the not good player he previously was also. 

Quote:That's not true, I give Beachum an extra year to return to the very good LT he was previously exactly the same as I give Fowler an extra year to return to the not good player he previously was also. 
lol, you clown.  The hate is real.  "Not so good player"  haha

Quote:That's not true, I give Beachum an extra year to return to the very good LT he was previously exactly the same as I give Fowler an extra year to return to the not good player he previously was also. 
You call yourself a Florida fan and then say "not so good player" lol.  Fowler was a beast at Florida.  I honestly think you don't watch college

Quote:You call yourself a Florida fan and then say "not so good player" lol.  Fowler was a beast at Florida.  I honestly think you don't watch college
Removing fandom from my evaluations is one of my strong suits. 

Quote:Removing fandom from my evaluations is one of my strong suits. 
It has nothing to do with fandom.  Fowler wouldn't of went 3rd overall and most considered one of the best players in the draft if the guy was not a good player.  Is every analyst and scout a Florida fan?   Its clear you didnt watch any Florida game if you think Fowler wasnt good.  He was the best player on that defense and was a beast in college.

Quote:It has nothing to do with fandom. Fowler wouldn't of went 3rd overall and most considered one of the best players in the draft if the guy was not a good player. Is every analyst and scout a Florida fan? Its clear you didnt watch any Florida game if you think Fowler wasnt good. He was the best player on that defense and was a beast in college.
Trent richardson went 3rd overall too

Quote:Trent richardson went 3rd overall too
Trent was an elite RB prospect and a damn good college player.  Sometimes it just doesnt work out.

Quote:It has nothing to do with fandom. Fowler wouldn't of went 3rd overall and most considered one of the best players in the draft if the guy was not a good player. Is every analyst and scout a Florida fan? Its clear you didnt watch any Florida game if you think Fowler wasnt good. He was the best player on that defense and was a beast in college.
Quote:Sometimes it just doesnt work out.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="flgatorsandjags" data-cid="965753" data-time="1487540847">
It has nothing to do with fandom. Fowler wouldn't of went 3rd overall and most considered one of the best players in the draft if the guy was not a good player. Is every analyst and scout a Florida fan? Its clear you didnt watch any Florida game if you think Fowler wasnt good. He was the best player on that defense and was a beast in college.
Quote:Sometimes it just doesnt work out.

</blockquote>
It didnt work out and hes played 1 season?  lol    

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet (didn't read all 19 pages of this thread), but I wonder if Beachum's outspokenness might have contributed to his departure.  Personally, I liked that he was challenging Bradley's "Get Better" approach, but I don't know how that was playing itself out in the locker room.  Coughlin runs a much tighter ship.

Quote:I don't know if it has been mentioned yet (didn't read all 19 pages of this thread), but I wonder if Beachum's outspokenness might have contributed to his departure.  Personally, I liked that he was challenging Bradley's "Get Better" approach, but I don't know how that was playing itself out in the locker room.  Coughlin runs a much tighter ship.
It seems like it would be a message and attitude that's right down Coughlin's alley.