Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 01:36 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Who said anything about the franchise tag?

Beachum signed a one year contract last year with a 4 year option that must be picked up within today to activate it.

Oh OK I thought the option has to be picked up on March 9. Today is the beginning of franchise tagging.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He is a solid player and should be retained even as a back-up if TC decides to go a different direction. I would like it if they kept him and went Guard with the #2 pick this year. 

Do you mean #4 or #35? San Francisco has the #2 pick.

Quote:A little off topic, but did I hear online somewhere where Cam has off the field issues/problems? Talent isn't being questioned at all, but does TC go after any players with off the field concerns? Especially with the #2 pick?

If you mean our second rounder (which is what I meant) then absolutely. We don't have the #2 pick overall and he wouldn't be worth it there either
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:If you mean our second rounder (which is what I meant) then absolutely. We don't have the #2 pick overall and he wouldn't be worth it there either.

Our second round pick is #35 FYI. I don't think a single person on his forum will understand 2 = 35 without that explanation.

On topic, I also want a guard at #35.

Quote:Our second round pick is #35 FYI. I don't think a single person on his forum will understand 2 = 35 without that explanation.

On topic, I also want a guard at #35.

I mean you could correlate #2 to second round, but by saying THE #2 pick it definitely implies the second overall pick.

I'm all for guard at #35 if we don't get someone like Zeitler, if we do that I'm leaning more towards Robinson there. I do believe we'll go OL regardless at 35.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I mean you could correlate #2 to second round, but by saying THE #2 pick it definitely implies the second overall pick.

I'm all for guard at #35 if we don't get someone like Zeitler, if we do that I'm leaning more towards Robinson there. I do believe we'll go OL regardless at 35.

OK whatever. Just be aware there could be some confusion. I thought you did not know our second round pick number.

Cam Robinson? He is a LT.

Quote:OK whatever. Just be aware there could be some confusion. I thought you did not know our second round pick number.

Cam Robinson? He is a LT.

Well it wasn't me who originally said #2.

But he could slide to RT in place of Parnell. Happens all the time.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye'>Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/831930779882180614' title="3:18 PM - 15 Feb 2017">16m16 minutes ago</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> until midnight to pickup Beachum's option. Even if they pass, they have until March 9 to sign to smaller deal.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye'>Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/831931033788567556' title="3:19 PM - 15 Feb 2017">15m</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/831931033788567556' title="3:19 PM - 15 Feb 2017">15 minutes ago</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">My point: Bonus option and Beachum as a Jaguars are not mutually exclusive. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  16m16 minutes ago
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">#Jaguars until midnight to pickup Beachum's option. Even if they pass, they have until March 9 to sign to smaller deal.

Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  15m

15 minutes ago
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p style="font-size:16px;">My point: Bonus option and Beachum as a Jaguars are not mutually exclusive. #Jaguars

</div>
Interesting.

They may very well offer him a smaller deal after the deadline passes.  Making him the ninth highest paid tackle would likely be overpaying him in 2017. They may want to chip away at that number.

A deal that's closer to Parnell's numbers makes sense here. 

Quote:Interesting.

They may very well offer him a smaller deal after the deadline passes.  Making him the ninth highest paid tackle would likely be overpaying him in 2017. They may want to chip away at that number.

It's definitely interesting but also risky, I don't know how Beachum would be inclined to sign here again if they don't pick up the option they agreed on last year. I mean it's perfectly legitimate to try and get a smaller deal done if they are not convinced he deserves those numbers but it's also risky as it could backfire and the player may be willing to test free agency. 

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 02:50 PM by KYjaggy.)

Where are we getting 9th highest paid LT? His 8.5 mil cap hit for 2017 (the bonus he gets no matter what and it's 1 mil per year or all of it now if he's cut I believe) looks like it makes him the 15th highest to me. Which will fall even more as other LTs get their money. It is already a team friendly deal and will be an outright steal in years to come as long as he stays healthy.

He would instantly be the 2nd best LT on the market, and arguably top long term LT since Whitworth is so old.  If the Jags really try to not pick up the options and sign him for cheaper that would be an overly risky and greedy move to me. 

We better have a plan at LT next year or it is another lost season. Beachum did pretty well considering he was coming off a pretty horrendous knee injury. I think he may be better in year 2 with the Jags, I would pick up the extension unless they plan on reaching for Cam Robinson at 4, that would be a mistake imo. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 02:51 PM by irontrooper83.)

Quote:Where are we getting 9th highest paid LT? His 8.5 mil cap hit for 2017 (the bonus he gets no matter what and it's 1 mil per year or all of it now if he's cut I believe) looks like it makes him the 15th highest to me. Which will fall even more as other LTs get their money. It is already a team friendly deal and will be an outright steal in years to come as long as he stays healthy.

He would instantly be the 2nd best LT on the market, and arguably top long term LT since Whitworth is so old.  If the Jags really try to not pick up the options and sign him for cheaper that would be an overly risky and greedy move to me. 
You explained better what I was trying to say above,thanks  Smile

I'm starting to wonder if they are that concerned about his knee for the reasons I stated in the page before (he was very sore on the second half of the season and had to miss at least a practice every week and often having other pratcices limited because of that). 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 03:21 PM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Interesting.

That's way too risky. There are several teams in need of starting LT's and a very small number in the draft who could start right away. If we don't pay him what market value is, someone else will. I don't wanna have re-do our draft plans and draft Ryan Ramczyk in the first round, out of necessity. 

They're able to talk to him about contracts now right? Possibly they've already discussed a smaller per year deal with more incentives.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It's not contracted as an option each year, but all his guaranteed money would come in 2017. So cutting him in subsequent off seasons would be a little kinder to the Jags' bottom line. 

Mike Kaye ^

This being the case, I actually will be shocked if we don't pick up the option.

Quote:Who said anything about the franchise tag?

Beachum signed a one year contract last year with a 4 year option that must be picked up within today to activate it.

Yes, but if you pick up his option AND franchise tag him, you're adding additional security; kind of like sending a message to the rest of the NFL to stay away from our guy.   :yes:  Laughing

Quote:Read it here but also somewhere else: 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7687/kelvin-beachum

lol ... the article stated Beachum was dreadful last year with the Jags.  Kind of funny that he was still an upgrade over Joekel.

Quote:Well it wasn't me who originally said #2.

But he could slide to RT in place of Parnell. Happens all the time.

We tried that with Luke Joeckel and it did not work out. I want a natural RT no matter how we get him.

Quote:LOL ... the article stated Beachum was dreadful last year with the Jags. Kind of funny that he was still an upgrade over Joeckel.

LOL The only dreadful part last year was getting concussed in San Diego. Who do people think #68 is?