Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 08:02 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Cann looked good at LT in training camp also. He is what he is. Take this how you will, but you watched with a bias. The two are near identical. Beachum is decent at pass pro and stinks at run blocking, whereas Joeckel excels at run blocking and is limited in pass pro. I wouldn't mind him starting LG on the cheap. We'll agree to disagree.

You contradicted yourself. They can't be identical if one is only good at pass blocking and the other is only good at run blocking. That would make them opposites.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You contradicted yourself. They can't be identical if one is only good at pass blocking and the other is only good at run blocking. That would make them opposites.
Identical in their ability. The differences are counter to one another. Clear as mud?

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 08:21 PM by JackCity.)

According to Mike Garafolo we arn't picking up the option so Beachum will hit free agency.

I believe we can still sign him to a smaller deal before FA starts though so perhaps he'll stay.

Not feeling this move at the moment.

Is this strictly a money issue?

Quote:Not feeling this move at the moment.
Just have to see if its to sign him to a different kind of deal than the option or if they just don't want him back.

If its the latter we have 3 huge ??? marks on the offensive line. 

Quote:Identical in their ability. The differences are counter to one another. Clear as mud?

Ability to do what?

Yes, as clear as mud.

Quote:You contradicted yourself. They can't be identical if one is only good at pass blocking and the other is only good at run blocking. That would make them opposites.
And this is not considered bullying how?  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 08:46 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

This move makes me question Dave.   I have never been about questioning him.   But this by far.  Would be the dumbest move he can make.  Unless a trade is in the works for one.   I do not see him signing for a smaller contract at all. 

#Gojags

This a weak OLinmen draft. LG and and RG were 2 holes that were going tough to fill and now add LT to the list. I really don't understand this move

Not sure how we can let a starting caliber LT walk unless he wants ridiculous money.  Not to mention he has the mentality this teams needs to be a winner.

Time will tell but I'm starting to really wonder what's going on in the front office.

Quote:And this is not considered bullying how?
how in the world is this bullying

man youre worse than her, stop trying to derail threads for more argument.

Quote:how in the world is this bullying

man youre worse than her, stop trying to derail threads for more argument.
nice try., 

#Gojags

At the moment it's tough to make sense of this, but I have to think Caldwell does have a plan to keep him. Beachum did an outstanding job last year at one of the toughest positions in the game. We haven't had as great protection at LT for a long, long time.

'02

Chaaaammmmppppiiooonnsshiipppp

This is like when we traded Monroe after drafting the joke.   Only the Joke is not close to Beachum. 

#Gojags

It would be hard to envision a more disappointing start to this offseason...

I have to think they have either:

• already worked out the framework of a slightly lesser deal with his agent
  • begun cooking up a trade with another team involving a tackle coming to Jax
  • begun negotiating a trade-down in the draft 
  • or - TC did his eval and really didn't like Beachum's struggles in the run game - wants to move on regardless
There's gotta be some plan B cooking. Those are the best I can think of ATM. 

Quote:At the moment it's tough to make sense of this, but I have to think Caldwell does have a plan to keep him. Beachum did an outstanding job last year at one of the toughest positions in the game. We haven't had as great protection at LT for a long, long time.
I don't think he did an outstanding job at all this year. The ACL injury was probably a factor but he really wasn't that good. 

That said he is a starting caliber LT and was an above average LT with the steelers. You don't let that go unless you have a back up plan

Quote:I have to think they have either:
  • already worked out the framework of a slightly lesser deal with his agent
  • begun cooking up a trade with another team involving a tackle coming to Jax
  • begun negotiating a trade-down in the draft
  • or - TC did his eval and really didn't like Beachum's struggles in the run game

Nah, Luke joeckel is being resigned to a long term mega deal at LT